Who Wore Rachel Roy Better? Iman or Michelle Obama

Despite many of you not sharing my enthusiasm for Iman’s Rachel Roy Fall 2010 look. It looks like Michelle Obama did.

The American First Lady wore the same Rachel Roy velvet skirt when she and her husband attended a glittering banquet held by Indian President Pratibha Patil at the presidential house Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on Monday night.

Mrs O paired her skirt with a Rachel Roy Moroccan tunic and a bejeweled waistband.

This is a week after Iman wore the same skirt to the 2010 Ace Awards in New York City.

The supermodel teamed her skirt with a head-to-toe Rachel Roy look which included a rust jacket, a matching jersey bodysuit, Rachel Roy for Manolo Blahnik heels and RACHEL Rachel Roy and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

I think both women look fantastic but I have to give this to Iman as I love the colour of her look.

Credit: Style.com, Reuters & Getty

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List Part III

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List Part III

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Marion Cotillard or Daisy Lowe

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Marion Cotillard or Daisy Lowe

14 Responses to Who Wore Rachel Roy Better? Iman or Michelle Obama

1. Chiara November 9, 2010 at 08:17 #

I prefer Michelle Obama, I thought it was an interesting choice and it looked very ethnic and appropriate for her trip.

• lici_u November 9, 2010 at 13:51 #

Yeah, that`s what I think too.

2. shubby doo November 9, 2010 at 08:31 #

love michelle but to me Iman just looks like a Goddess

3. Aaragirl November 9, 2010 at 09:33 #

Hi FC,
    This is a cool site.!!!! Love your fashion comments!!!.I am from India, so I was hoping to see Mrs.O in a saree, but this is gorgeous as well…

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2010 at 09:35 #

4. Mo November 9, 2010 at 12:28 #

I never thought anybody could beat Iman. She carries herself so well and has such good taste, but I must say, Michelle Obama looks gorgeous. She also, as Iman, just does so well.

5. Lee Ann November 9, 2010 at 13:00 #

I prefer Mrs O as the colour I think is more flatter ring. By the way she also wore a fabulous Dries jacket at another event . A first Lady wearing Dries!

6. Linda November 9, 2010 at 13:26 #

Michelle O. wins for me. The colour is fantastic on her and she looks really elegant. I far prefer her choice of top over Iman’s jacket. Also, Iman’s skirt looks too long, which also brings down her look for me.

7. mm November 9, 2010 at 14:30 #

Iman wins for me. But i love how the same look fits each woman individual personality.

8. Ethne Blist November 9, 2010 at 16:06 #

Michelle’s skirt makes her look huge. Iman’s is trimming. Plus Michelle tends not to work clothes. She wears them. That’s all.

9. GustavoMex November 9, 2010 at 17:23 #

i think this tops is millions times better, and the belt helps to give more definition, the bad this, the hips, they looks big big!!!

10. Hannah November 9, 2010 at 18:28 #

Michelle!
    She can not do any wrogn in my eyes, her lookbook on the cut (a lookbook of Mrs. Obama’s looks) in just to die for. I LOVE the belt and the top. Perfect. This was a really hard one to call though, iman is, as per usual (always), stunning.

11. Sharon November 9, 2010 at 22:24 #

I couldn’t vote because I just couldn’t choose. Both women are totally event-appropriate and look gorgeous in their choices. Two lovely women who are not 22 and not size 0. What inspirations!

12. bestever November 9, 2010 at 23:56 #

What is the problem with a woman having curves and hips. Many so-called ethnic women(white folks are ethnic too) have curves. It peeves me to read those nasty comments about her hips. Pure stupidity. Makes me think that those comments come from a racist point of view. Iman- looks great. Mrs. Obama looks as equally great.