09.11.10

Malin Akerman In Prada – 2011 People’s Choice Awards Press Conference

Earlier today at The London West Hollywood Hotel in LA, Malin Akerman was on hand to revealed the nominees for the 2011 People’s Choice Awards.

I’m soooo very jealous right now. It has rained non-stop in London and Malin is looking stunning basking in the LA sunshine.

I’m also pretty envious of her Prada Resort 2011 dress.

Her black off-the-shoulder dress with blue and yellow stripes was the perfect choice for such an event.

She’s looks laid-back, yet beautiful chic and I believe that glow isn’t only coming from the fabulous backdrop.

Taupe Aldo pumps completed her look.

Loving this from H2T.

Winners of the People’s Choice Awards will be chosen by public voting online at www.PeoplesChoice.com and the live show will take place on Wednesday, January 5 at 9/8c.

Credit: Getty

In Blair Waldorf's Closet - Milly Selina Bow Blouse

In Blair Waldorf’s Closet – Milly Selina Bow Blouse

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Marion Cotillard or Daisy Lowe

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Marion Cotillard or Daisy Lowe

20 Responses to Malin Akerman In Prada – 2011 People’s Choice Awards Press Conference

1. methedrine November 9, 2010 at 22:33 #

Love it!!

2. Dorian Gray November 9, 2010 at 22:34 #

Am I starting to accept the fact that you won’t post DV at Glamour’s Awards?? :-(

3. Lee Ann November 9, 2010 at 22:35 #

Never would I have thought that was Prada. Don’t like the shoes with the dress.

• Jarrold November 10, 2010 at 02:53 #

Really? I knew it was Prada as soon as I saw the dress, The resort collection was echoed in the Spring 2011 collection

• mikeijames November 10, 2010 at 08:17 #

i agree. those colors immediately recalled the spring/summer 2011 collection for me. and those shoulders hinted at the playfulness we saw there, too.

• Lee Ann November 10, 2010 at 09:46 #

Maybe it was because I spent yesterday afternoon in Prada trying on a few of their autumn things (too close to sale to purchase but there are still some lovely things) that I haven’t really focussed on SS 11. I’m trying to live in the moment and it is a very different collection to the one that is in stores now. But you are right about the stripe and the colour. I think I was thinking more the shape but you are right it is playful which was that collection.

4. Linda November 9, 2010 at 22:59 #

She looks so summery and lovely!

5. Hannah November 9, 2010 at 23:01 #

Oh I love this look! It is too nostalgic to look at this photo though, I was beggining to forget what a sunny day actually looked like, and there is only water in the pool, no rain! Oh life just isn’t fair!

6. Ethne Blist November 9, 2010 at 23:10 #

Not BDOTW worthy but cute. It doesn’t look like a designer dress. I never would have thought that was Prada,

7. Sharon November 9, 2010 at 23:35 #

I can hardly believe this is a designer dress. It’s cute, but it looks like something I could find in any store. The dress and the setting call for different shoes, though. (At first glance, I thought I was looking at Kristen Chenoweth.)

8. dee November 10, 2010 at 00:06 #

It’s an okay dress. As some have already stated the shoes don’t go with the dress. This dress calls for sandals.

9. Crys November 10, 2010 at 02:19 #

Sorry, i think she looks like an integrant of a ”Mariachi” group. The colors on the dress ruined it. This shoes don´t help at all too.

10. Laura November 10, 2010 at 03:18 #

Perfect for the event. Kudos to her stylist for seeing it’s poolside and picking a resort piece for her. Not a BDOTW look, but if I saw a BDOTW look at an event like this I’d be a bit disappointed. This kind of event isn’t meant for that. Malin’s dressed event-appropriate.

11. mochababe73 November 10, 2010 at 03:20 #

It’s a cute dress, but I would have never thought that it was a Prada. It looks so generic. Like I could find it at even Target or a Project Runway challenge.

12. asherlev1 November 10, 2010 at 04:45 #

Meh.

Lol, I’m just not feeling it as much as some people are, I guess.

13. Ayesha November 10, 2010 at 08:21 #

wow!!!love the whole thing,super cool,summery….just love it!

14. Marvel November 10, 2010 at 09:55 #

I really like the look. Plus I love her hair like this

15. Gaber November 10, 2010 at 11:59 #

The shape, the length, her hair, her attitude – so good!
    The pi̱ata detail Рhell no!
    It cheapens the whole look.

16. Erika November 10, 2010 at 13:37 #

I think it’s very cute and also maybe a bit patriotic, considering the blue and yellow are straight from the Swedish flag..

17. Emi November 10, 2010 at 16:14 #

This dress is so cute and fresh, it doesn’t seem a Prada dress, even if I saw it on the runway it looks so much better in the real life. I envy L.A. weather, too.