09.11.10

Kate Hudson In Lanvin – 2010 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Following her previous red carpet appearance, Kate Hudson had a lot of work to do to get back into my good books.

At the 2010 Glamour Women of the Year Awards she managed to totally redeem herself wearing a stunning Lanvin Resort 2011 gown.

I love her light gold lamé one-shoulder shimmering gown with a gathered detail on the hip, although I am looking past the exposed zipper.

She gave us old Hollywood glamour with her retro waves swept over one shoulder.

Cartier jewels, red lips and Brian Atwood gold leather Maniac pumps completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Taylor Schilling In Peter Pilotto - Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Taylor Schilling In Peter Pilotto – Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Reem Acra - 2010 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Reem Acra – 2010 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

33 Responses to Kate Hudson In Lanvin – 2010 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

1. roxana November 9, 2010 at 12:14 #

perfect!

2. Christy November 9, 2010 at 12:14 #

Ugh, that exposed zipper just cheapens the whole look! FC, do you know if it’s an intentional design feature?

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2010 at 12:15 #

Yes I believe so.

Roland Mouret and Victoria Beckham do this also

• Moxie November 9, 2010 at 15:24 #

I agree about the zipper. It just ruins the whole look.

• KateS November 10, 2010 at 03:52 #

I agree. I usually don’t mind the exposed zipper trend, but it looks awful here.

3. Gaber November 9, 2010 at 12:28 #

Fergie’s Posen shows the beauty that colour adds to a look.
    While I could get over the zipper, I just can’t over the colour.

4. nicky November 9, 2010 at 12:28 #

she definitely redeemed herself! love the colour, hair and makeup. she is totally working the dress. i agree tht the zipper look cheap but at the same time adds something interestng to the look! i do think RM VB’s zipper designs look more sophistiated and classy looking though

5. Linda November 9, 2010 at 13:07 #

That zipper totally throws it off.

• mm November 9, 2010 at 14:23 #

I agree, it looks cheap and ill fitted.

Love the hair and make up

6. Z Fashion Blog November 9, 2010 at 13:12 #

I’m totally in love with this look.
    It’s simply PERFECT.

My favourite red carpet look in a long time.

I also think that the exposed zipper is the only not so nice thing about this dress.
    It’s a very glamorous dress, this detail might have looked nice on a more casual kind of dress..

7. molly November 9, 2010 at 13:25 #

Does the length of this dress bother anyone? It doesnt look like it’s supposed to “puddle” – just looks too long to me. I find the look completely perfect until I get to the bottom and worry she’s going to fall on her face the second she tries to take a step.

• Lucinda November 10, 2010 at 14:49 #

i agree – she is actually treading on the bottom of her dress. It doesn’t flute out, or puddle – is just too long…
      Overall look is silver screen and gorgeous, but being picky, i would change the colour of her shoes to something paler, and have the hair swept over the other shoulder.

8. Jennifer November 9, 2010 at 14:20 #

If I look at her face… flawless. Then I start to look down… and the zipper is like a blazing eyesore – I have to agree that exposed zippers work much, much better on the more casual RM or VB dresses.

And I agree with the comment that it looks far too long – she looks like she’s standing on part of her dress!

9. Marvel November 9, 2010 at 14:57 #

She looks nice but the zipper is really off putting as well as her hair matching the dress in colour. I would love for Kate to go red. She will look fabolous as a red head

10. Anissa November 9, 2010 at 15:16 #

Maybe if her hair was swept to her right side I would like it better. This way she is hiding the only interesting part of the dress. It might also hide the zipper a little…all and all I don’t like this look. It’s a great color but the neckline cut, exposed zipper, and hem length just make it not that great.

• mol November 9, 2010 at 16:00 #

I agree completely.

11. Ethne Blist November 9, 2010 at 15:58 #

I HATE exposed zippers. Period. But BDOTW worthy for sure. I LOVE this gown. Oh so in love.

12. Camille November 9, 2010 at 17:08 #

She reminds me of Jerry Hall and in a good way! She looks gorgeous and glamorous. I fault the designer not Kate for the ugly exposed zipper. That screams of affectation. Overlooking the zipper because she looks so good otherwise.

13. Sabrina November 9, 2010 at 17:42 #

That zipper ruins everything!

14. Hannah November 9, 2010 at 17:51 #

I actually do not like it. I lvoe the dress, with it’s much hated exposed zipper, but I do not think that the exposed zipper works for this kind fo look, it is a quirky thing, not a classic thing. The hair is on the wrong side, the shoes are too strong for this delicate dress and how classic she is going with the hair and makeup, and I just do not like the makeup anyway.

15. GorgeousSpice November 9, 2010 at 18:18 #

For me Kate Hudson’s style has been lost forever. She used to looks amazing. These days it always look like she is trying too hard

16. karen November 9, 2010 at 19:28 #

What is up with the zipper? This isn’t VB or RM. I love Kate. She’s the cutest especially when she runs a comb thru her hair! She has had some great amazing red carpet moments but I’m loving her face here but not the neck down. The zipper is ruining the dress. I can’t get past the zipper.

17. Laura November 9, 2010 at 20:16 #

Stunning, glamorous, timeless. And her hair looks right for once.

18. LL November 9, 2010 at 21:05 #

I agree with everyone on the zipper. I tried to confirm whether it’s intentional as compared to how it was presented originally, but Style.com doesn’t have a picture of it! Arg! They have the photo shoot from the Resort 2011 collection, but this dress doesn’t appear in any picture. Also, I agree with Hannah in that the zipper is a quirky detail. I think she interpreted the look wrong by making it “Hollywood glam”. I don’t think that’s Lanvin’s ethos.

19. Sharon November 9, 2010 at 22:33 #

Can’t get past the zipper. It’s just much too intrusive and ruins the whole look.

20. mochababe73 November 9, 2010 at 22:49 #

It’s too bad that the exposed zipper is all anyone can talk about. That just screams bad design. The dress is so beautiful, and that should be the focus. It’s so unfortunate. The zipper ruined the look.

21. Tahj November 9, 2010 at 23:56 #

side-swept hair, red lips, one shoulder sequined gown. Kate Hudson always seems to dress 70s and here she is totally channeling 70s Jerry Hall! Love it. It’s a great look. I think the Jerry Hall/Veronica Lake side swept hair style is the best hairstyle ever. It makes simple gowns look so glamourous. Would love to see someone like Charlize Theron with that hairstyle.

22. Andreea November 10, 2010 at 10:40 #

Love it !

23. Saara November 10, 2010 at 11:25 #

I cannot look past the exposed zipper. Even without it, this would only be an OK look, IMO.

24. Ayesha November 10, 2010 at 14:00 #

i love it once i ignore the zipper,sadly that’s very difficult,at least for me.A beautiful gown nevertheless.

25. Thaysa November 10, 2010 at 14:17 #

I really don’t like the exposed zipper, but i love the hair and make up!

26. MissBlue December 23, 2010 at 04:24 #

Such a beautiful lady, can someone please tell me what lipstick she is wearing? Can I find it in Maybelline or Revlon? I love that colour and it suits her skin tone perfectly. Someone mentioned that she should go red. I say, absolutely NOT! Not with that super fair cool skin!