Runway To Don Giovanni’s – Rihanna In Emilio Pucci

Rihanna may not have been able to make it to Katy Perry and Russell Brand’s wedding recently, but the BFFs caught up last night after the 2010 MTV EMAs.

Katy, Russell, Rihanna and Matt Kemp all dined at the Italian restaurant Don Giovanni’s in Madrid.

Rihanna arrived looking stunning wearing an Emilio Pucci Spring 2011 dress.

Her super sexy electric blue embellished mini dress with an open back and tassel details was paired with silver pointy pumps.

Those of you who thought Rihanna’s Marchesa gown was OTT for the EMAs, are you wishing she had worn this on the red carpet instead?

Credit: Bauer Griffin

Rachel McAdams In Lanvin – “Morning Glory” New York Premiere

Rachel McAdams In Lanvin – “Morning Glory” New York Premiere

In Kourtney Kardashian's Closet - Plastic Island Stoneage Crop Jacket

In Kourtney Kardashian’s Closet – Plastic Island Stoneage Crop Jacket

21 Responses to Runway To Don Giovanni’s – Rihanna In Emilio Pucci

1. mm November 8, 2010 at 18:39 #

Yes, i think this dress would’ve been a better fit for the awards show, and a different shoe, strappy sandal

2. dee November 8, 2010 at 18:41 #

RiRi looks good. She is working that dress.

3. Gorgeous Spice November 8, 2010 at 18:47 #

Princess Rihanna looks lovely. I never thought I would love the red colour but it has grown on me. She is one of those rare people that can wear anything and own it. Her personality always shines through

4. Ethne Blist November 8, 2010 at 18:48 #

I am happy we got to see those two dresses in broad daylight- I kind of don’t care who wears them you know? I love this dress. It doesn’t look misplaced on Rihanna as some of her dresses do.

5. Bee November 8, 2010 at 18:59 #

Personally, I don’t think she should have! I loved the Marchesa gown in which Rihanna wore for the red carpet; I also believe, if anybody else would have worn it, it wouldn’t have worked. Only RIhanna could pull such an extravagant dress. This blue mini looks stunning on her aswell :-)

6. V November 8, 2010 at 19:22 #

looooves it!

7. karen November 8, 2010 at 19:32 #

The reason why i like Rihanna is because she always looks interesting, fun and age apppropriate. Would i wear half the things she wears? No because not alot of us can pull off the things she wears. She manages to look great in everything everytime. I thought she look fabulous on the carpet in Marchesa and she looks great here too.

• Rebecca November 8, 2010 at 20:34 #

I second these comments. Rihanna has so much style!

8. Hannah November 8, 2010 at 19:34 #

I really love this dress. I was so scared it would look hideous off runway, but it looks beautiful. I love it when Rihanna goes for this kind of look, young, flirty, fun, sophisticated, but not try-hard. Definitely a fan.

9. Shawna November 8, 2010 at 21:32 #

I love the dress but the hair and the shoes take away from this look.

10. Fiona November 8, 2010 at 22:06 #

I love this on her, the colour is amazing and she wears it to perfection – love the pointy 60′s shoes also. I wonder why stars still feel the need to enter or exit restaurants through the back doors and alleys now, as they get photographed anyway, and I’m sure they didn’t work hard to succeed, only to walk past rubbish bins etc in their finery. I was struck by this the other day when Victoria & David Beckham were photographed leaving a restaurant through the back door, grungey. My thought for the day.

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2010 at 22:24 #

I agree. Why go through all that hassle when you know there is always photos at the back door.

My only theory is so they don’t disturb other patrons.

11. mochababe73 November 9, 2010 at 00:11 #

My first thought was that this is so not Rihanna. That was until I saw the back. It’s totally Rihanna. Now I am not a fan of her style, but she never bores me.

12. KateS November 9, 2010 at 01:37 #

I don’t like Rihanna or Pucci much, but she’s killing this look. It would have been fab for the awards, too.

13. Chiara November 9, 2010 at 02:14 #

Well for me Rihanna is the OTT girl…. I would have been a little disappointed if she came to the awards with this dress tbh…

14. nicole November 9, 2010 at 07:22 #

i love this look. the hair colour and the dress colour work soo good together which is surprising. either way i think it was a good going out dress.

on an aside why eat italian food in spain where there is soooo much yummy local cuisine haha.. oh well.

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2010 at 07:44 #

lol…i thought the same thing

• Pablo November 9, 2010 at 14:30 #

I was just going to say the same thing about going to an italian restaurant in Madrid! No way! As a Spaniard I’m so glad you guys thought alike! :)

15. nicky November 9, 2010 at 08:19 #

i think she looks great and its not every day i say tht! the electric blue sequined dress works well with her red hair…everything looks right and for once, its no overaccessorized or a mess!

16. Marvel November 9, 2010 at 15:07 #

Its a bit similliar to the Pucci Fall dress that we saw Hilary Swank wore. The dress is nice but I really liked her in Marchesa

17. marian November 9, 2010 at 17:37 #

bdotw worthy. she looks amazing!!