Carey Mulligan continued give us a fresh youthful look at the Los Angeles Times “Young Hollywood” Roundtable this weekend.

The British actress looked very pretty wearing a Peter Pilotto Spring 2011 dress.

The dress with an abstract print and mesh yoke was worn without the chiffon print skirt and belt which the model wore on the runway during London Fashion Week.

I think she modified this look to be event appropriate.

Had she been at a Premiere I would’ve prefer the dreamy chiffon skirt.

Blue satin peep-toes complete the look.

Which look do you prefer?

The runway or Carey’s version?

Credit: Getty

Runway To Heathrow - Victoria Beckham In Burberry Prorsum

Runway To Heathrow – Victoria Beckham In Burberry Prorsum

Camilla Belle In Derek Lam - 2010 Freedom Awards

Camilla Belle In Derek Lam – 2010 Freedom Awards

18 Responses to Carey Mullgian In Peter Pilotto – Los Angeles Times “Young Hollywood” Roundtable

1. Hisadora November 8, 2010 at 14:21 #

I much prefer Carey’s version and she looks gorgeous!! I love her hair because she always does something different with it in every event she attends. Perfect!

2. Chaufforest November 8, 2010 at 14:28 #

She looks like a granny!

3. nicky November 8, 2010 at 14:31 #

the dress looks better on the runway but im still impressed at the choices carey has been making…i think she got a new stylist

4. Fiona November 8, 2010 at 14:46 #

I prefer the runway version, as the skirt looks floaty and romantic. I still like her look, but the bottom looks a little staid. I also like how she manages to style her hair differently, I am enjoying her confidence in her clothes.

5. dee November 8, 2010 at 15:16 #

I like it. I like that she takes risks with her clothing choices. I like her version better. The only thing is I wish she worn more interesting shoes.

6. Rachel November 8, 2010 at 15:34 #

Runway!

7. Lee Ann November 8, 2010 at 15:55 #

I think she modified the look because she is short and the skirt would have dwarfed her. Having said that I wish that she wouuld have worn sharper shoes as the black peep toe are rather dowdy .Shame as she looks very pretty.

• pipsqueak November 8, 2010 at 19:58 #

Completely in agreement. Either version looks great, but shorter suits Carey. But the shoes really bother me – nothing young or fresh. Still love Carey. She looks better and better.

8. fashion-mommy November 8, 2010 at 17:51 #

I think Carey looks stunning and is having a real style moment at present.

9. Shruti November 8, 2010 at 17:57 #

She looks adorable. I much prefer the version she has on. Her last two looks have been lovely.

10. Hannah November 8, 2010 at 19:46 #

Runway, but for the event Carey, easily. However, when one gets to wear a next season dress, why not wear the next season even nicer shoes. I literally melted when I saw the pilotto kirkwoods at LFW. They are to die for.
    Also I am veyr proud of Carey for going bare-legged, although I am saying this having spent the day commuting around London, which seems to think it is December already.

11. karen November 8, 2010 at 19:57 #

I think she looks boring and awful. She looks so dated in this dress. Her posture, hair, dress is just horrible.

12. sonia November 8, 2010 at 22:09 #

Carey’s for sure!

13. Marlyn November 8, 2010 at 22:33 #

I prefer the runway version. She looks good but I think she could of looked great if she didn’t modify it.

14. mochababe73 November 9, 2010 at 00:24 #

I don’t really care for the dress, but I would have preferred the runway version.
    I have come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter how young and fresh something looks, Carey has the ability to make it look old and dowdy.

15. KateS November 9, 2010 at 01:45 #

The long version would definitely have dwarfed her. I love prints on the red carpet, so a big thumbs up from me. Kudos on the outstanding work growing out the pixie haircut, too – she’s really doing it gracefully.

16. Emi November 9, 2010 at 10:18 #

I prefer the runway version, but it would have shortened her, she chose a right lenght, but she could keep the print.

17. Marvel November 9, 2010 at 15:12 #

Neither, the dress is all kinds of ugly