Taylor Momsen In Alexander McQueen – 2010 MTV EMAs

Worst Dressed Award

Taylor Momsen looked a hot mess at the 2010 MTV EMAs in Madrid tonight, but what’s new.

I did however take interest in her Alexander McQueen Fall 2010 over-the-knee boots.

The black stretch leather thigh-high boots have multiple buckle straps.

Inspired by the work of Grinling Gibbons, the heel is composed from ornate floral carved resin with a black and gold shiny coating and gold painted sole.

Where are her parents?

The shorter version of these boots can be purchased from Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2010 ARIA Awards

2010 ARIA Awards

Miley Cyrus In D&G - 2010 MTV EMAs

Miley Cyrus In D&G – 2010 MTV EMAs

37 Responses to Taylor Momsen In Alexander McQueen – 2010 MTV EMAs

1. SarahV November 7, 2010 at 22:49 #

And they complain about Miley….

• JJovana3 November 8, 2010 at 15:53 #

Taylor can actually sing and has decent song.

• advo88 November 8, 2010 at 16:35 #

But can’t dress appropriately!

• JJovana3 November 8, 2010 at 16:44 #

I didnt say she could dress. Atleast she’s not one of those pretty girls in pretty dresses with no acting or singing career. Taylor atleast has big gigs, her band, Gossip Girl, clothing line and perfume ads. Shes atleast doing SOMETHING. Unlike most recent “celebrities”.

• advo88 November 8, 2010 at 18:13 #

Hmm, I don’t particular agree that Taylor either sings or acts that well. Obviously, your milage may vary. As for the gigs, since people like to compare to Miley, it’s not like Miley doesn’t have plenty of work lined up. People are just (rightly imo) questioning her talent. But as far as I am concerned, they are both talentless.

Does it matter that she is doing “SOMETHING” badly or if she’s just known for the heck of it? I don’t care about either type of celebs.

• SarahV November 8, 2010 at 17:55 #

I wasn’t talking about her talent, which I’m sure she has plenty of. I was talking about her looking like a slutty racoon, which is a shame because she’s a beautiful girl.

• advo88 November 8, 2010 at 18:09 #

Indeed. When she first started on GG, she was very pretty. Then all the racoon makeup from hell happened! And the sluttyness.

2. Naomi November 7, 2010 at 22:52 #

GOOD LORD.

3. Elaine November 7, 2010 at 22:58 #

I’m really beginning to dislike this girl….

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2010 at 23:07 #

I’m way ahead of you. Can’t stand her

4. Vicky November 7, 2010 at 22:59 #

It seems like there’s a constant battle between Momsen and Cyrus, “who can dress the sluttiest but thinks it looks hot..”
    Thankfully, Cyrus seems to have toned down a bit (I still can’t stand her though) but Momsen have totally fallen of the wagon!!
    As you said FC, where are her parents?!

5. nicole November 7, 2010 at 23:00 #

hot mess is right
    what a disgrace to mcqueen

• shubby doo November 8, 2010 at 12:29 #

those were the exact words i was gonna use. HOT MESS

6. Irmina November 7, 2010 at 23:10 #

OMG She always wears cllothes, like it’s halloween.
    She’s young and makes lot of experiments but I think, when she’ll be older, she’ll think something like: in what the hell i get dressed. I’m wondering, what her parents think about this.

7. Laura November 7, 2010 at 23:14 #

Seriously, did the McQueen people lend her those boots? If so, that’s a terrible mistake. This is one girl you don’t want wearing your product, unless you’re Madonna.

I don’t even know what to say about this look that I haven’t said a thousand times before. Taylor’s parents, wherever you are, do your daughter a favor and hire a good stylist.

• SarahV November 8, 2010 at 01:56 #

I’m sure her parents love their little moneymaker.

• SarahV November 8, 2010 at 01:56 #

I meant to reply that to Irmina…

8. Alicat November 7, 2010 at 23:32 #

This is interesting after the discussion earlier in the week about whether Julianne Moore and other “older” women are edgy enough to wear McQueen. After that I recalled SJP and Naomi Campbell looking amazing at his memorial service at St Paul’s Cathedral. This young lady is modelling perfectly how NOT to wear McQueen by trying so very, very hard to be trendy and edgy. Having some life experience behind you is what provides the right attitude. She has managed somehow to make McQueen look trashy, and that is tragic.

9. Alexandra November 8, 2010 at 00:52 #

hideous beyond words! I can’t event bear to look at her face!

10. WendyB November 8, 2010 at 01:06 #

I’m obsessed with those boots. As for Taylor, here’s my opinion! http://wendybrandes.com/blog/2010/11/let-taylor-momsen-be-bad/

11. Ev November 8, 2010 at 02:05 #

Sorry for such a long comment, but I had to say this. I’m not going to tell that her parents shouldn’t have let her out of the house looking like that, because it’s obvious since she’s 17. But unlike Disney-raised Miley, Taylor never seemed to be doing something for the younger audience. What she’s doing and her style perfectly match and feel natural to me. And I find myself sort of admiring her for expressing herself and not hiding behind what other people want her to be. So I like this look, except for fake looking her but it’s just my pet peeve. Those McQueens are to die for.

• Naomi November 8, 2010 at 07:28 #

Ev – I don’t mind Momsen’s style, since I think 17 is not a bad age for experimenting with this kind of cloths. I even thinks she manages to pull off her look once in a while. Here, however – she wears an over-sized, unbuttoned, bra-revealing men’s shirt and boots. A shirt and boots.
      As you mentioned her hair looks quite bad, and her signature make-up looks worse then usual. So IMO, even compared to her usual look, she did a bad job here.

12. robbie November 8, 2010 at 09:31 #

yet another “look at me im edgy” from the girl who was in the grinch, when will she just fall off the face of the planet and never be seen again? soon i hope.

13. Lee Ann November 8, 2010 at 09:53 #

As I said a few days ago : Edgy is an attitude not an age. This girl is 16 and can’t do edgy. She looks like she is wearing her Halloween costume but that is mostly because of the hair and the eye make up. Whats with that?/

14. Marvel November 8, 2010 at 11:53 #

Even Jenny Humpfrey would frown upon this look.

15. Carolina November 8, 2010 at 12:44 #

I don’ think itlooks sooo terrible. She wants to call people’s attention and she has achieved her goal.

16. Amanda November 8, 2010 at 13:50 #

This girl is pathetic. Ridiculous. Sad.Can’t stand this pathetic brat.

Doesn’t this person have a mother?

17. JJovana3 November 8, 2010 at 15:54 #

Yes she’s a hot mess who tries soooooooo hard to be rock and edgy, but in all honesty, The Pretty Reckless is not half bad and the song are decent, especially Just Tonight.

18. Lisa November 8, 2010 at 16:54 #

Paging Taylor Momsen. Paging Taylor Momsen. Halloween was a week ago, little girl.

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2010 at 17:00 #

that made me LOL

19. anu November 8, 2010 at 18:59 #

McQueen holds a really, really dear place in my heart. Unfortunately, I can’t afford anything by him right now. Maybe its my jealousy that speaks, but she simple doesn’t deserve to own those boots. She does no justice to them and I hate her for that!

• Hannah November 8, 2010 at 20:33 #

Do not think you feel jealous. She is killing a valuable piece of memory and a valued and highly respected designer’s last work, and that to me is unforgiveable. She may always look simply disguisting, but this is simply a enw level of disrespect for humanity. Not to mention an embarassment.
      When, oh when, will her epic bout of teenage angst end?

20. mochababe73 November 9, 2010 at 01:11 #

Only Taylor Momsen can make Alexander McQueen look cheap. He must be rolling over in his grave.
    No one cares about her talent because they are too busy looking at her horrible fashion choices. The raccoon eyes, the Elvira-Mistress of the Dark clothing, the woe is me teen angst has gotten old. She was on Gossip Girl and looked so good. Her ads for Material Girl were pretty.
    This is horrible. I guess as long as she’s paying the bills, her parental units will allow her to look anyway she wants regardless of whether or not it’s appropriate.

21. mikeijames November 9, 2010 at 13:34 #

i love you for “but what’s new”!!!! i’m still laughing.

22. Dee November 20, 2010 at 03:15 #

…I have never seen an “I didn’t even try” outfit look so “I tried way too hard”.

23. kery November 7, 2011 at 14:20 #

i didn’t really like your award that goes to taylor. i dont think it worst. it unique and it has very own little style. like gaga, she very unique and has her own signature. she doesn’t care if people didn’t like but she still hold into her own style. i pretty like it actually..