Rihanna In Marchesa – 2010 MTV EMAs

Best Dressed Award
Rihanna didn’t really have much competition, but she was my favourite on the red carpet at the 2010 MTV EMAs in Madrid tonight.

The singer wore a Marchesa Spring 2011 gown.

Her rose blush pleated tulle gown was typically extravagant.

I used to think that gowns like this were wasted at music events, but Rihanna is the very person to pull off such a detailed gown because she has a great personality and presence to pull this off.

Others would’ve got lost in all that luscious tulle.

I also really loved Rihanna’s hair tonight as she styled it into a chic updo.

Like many of you the colour continues to grow on me.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Michael Kors Better...Heidi Klum, Iman or Chiling Lin?

Who Wore Michael Kors Better…Heidi Klum, Iman or Chiling Lin?

Eva Longoria In Georges Hobeika, Gianfranco Ferré & Emilio Pucci - 2010 MTV EMAs

Eva Longoria In Georges Hobeika, Gianfranco Ferré & Emilio Pucci – 2010 MTV EMAs

38 Responses to Rihanna In Marchesa – 2010 MTV EMAs

1. Laura November 7, 2010 at 23:24 #

Who else would wear gowns like these if Rihanna didn’t? I can’t imagine a lot of celebs would, and that’s why I’m okay with this for an MTV awards show. She carries this off well. The only thing I would’ve changed is maybe add a bracelet. But still, this is clearly the best dressed of the event.

2. Mario November 7, 2010 at 23:25 #

When asked What are you wearing? she said Ahm, I am wearing.. Elie Saab..!
    And I was like Wait what?! Isn’t that dress Marchesa?!
    Like seriously, how can they not know what they’re wearing?!

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2010 at 23:32 #

I missed the beginning as I was out, but that’s gotta be embarrassing.

I only watched about 15 mins and no one was there to pick up the awards so I turned it off and started blogging :)

• Mario November 7, 2010 at 23:36 #

It was really sad, I mean come on, not knowing the designer.. :D
        Plus Eva had an even worse moment. She was asked about the dress on the red carpet and she was like Uh, it’s George.. *awkward silence*
        Interviewer: *realizes she can’t remember last name* Ooh, George!
        Eva: *obviously embarrassed* My dear friend George, haha!
        S-A-D! :D

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2010 at 23:38 #

That is really shameful.

In respect to the designer you should at least remember their name. It’s red carpet 101.

• molly November 7, 2010 at 23:35 #

She has been wearing a lot of Elie Saab, and she probably didnt know who she was wearing so expected it to be Elie Saab. But I dont think many people will notice that its Marchesa unless they are fashion junkies like all of us!
      lol
      she looks incredible.

• Mario November 7, 2010 at 23:41 #

I do agree, but every celebrity should do their homework and at least try to remember who they’re wearing that night. I mean it’s not a lunch break, it’s an awards show that is seen by millions of people.
        I doubt she will get any Marchesa in the future. They lend her pieces for advertising, not making fouls of themselves ;)

• Z FASHION BLOG November 8, 2010 at 06:32 #

I was wondering if she said that..

Just Jared posted her photo saying she was wearing Elie Saab.

I realized the Marchesa dress so I tweeted them about it and they corrected the mistake.

But I thought it was their mistake not Rihanna’s.

This is really embarrassing.. Don’t they at least tell her who’s designer she’s wearing…

• Francesca November 8, 2010 at 15:02 #

Same thing here, haha, I died. She was also a bit insecure while saying it.

3. Ethne Blist November 7, 2010 at 23:25 #

BDOTW worthy. For once she looks classy and not obnoxious.

4. Barbie November 7, 2010 at 23:29 #

She pulled it off very well and had no competition whatsoever on the red carpet.

5. Me November 7, 2010 at 23:33 #

Rihanna should be a model. She have the height and the look. She wore it better than the model

6. sonia November 7, 2010 at 23:51 #

I like the dress on the model but not on her! the extra volume over the shoulder and near the waist is a total mistake. And the color: I don’t like beige but in this case is part of the look and that almost-white-pink has been only used to give special relevance to the “openings” . which I find kind of vulgar (not to tallk about the nail color…)

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2010 at 00:18 #

it is a blush pink, the flash has distorted the colour

7. Thomas Monks November 8, 2010 at 00:02 #

two EMAs in a row Marchesa is the designer of the best dressed. Last year Katy this year Rhi. I wish this gown was saved for Awards Season tho

8. Hisadora November 8, 2010 at 00:07 #

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT SO MUCH I could cry!!! Rihanna is more than amazing here, that’s why I love her. She just chose the most beautiful gown of the Marchesa Spring 2011 collection and did justice to it. She is picture perfect! Go RiRi!!!

9. mm November 8, 2010 at 00:23 #

She does look gorgeous. But i am sure standing together with the other celebs she looks out of place.

10. Jesse November 8, 2010 at 00:55 #

Great dress. Don’t think it’s appropriate for the event though, it’s MTV!

11. asherlev1 November 8, 2010 at 01:51 #

*Sigh* Elie Saab debacle aside, the hair really kills it for me. I was just looking back at some of her outfits when she still had the black hair, and I was pretty blow away. The crop was always fine with me, but the HAIR.COLOUR. Gahh. Sorry.

12. MEME November 8, 2010 at 03:37 #

I wasn’t a fan of this look……. and I LOOOOOOOOOVE Marchesa….. I thought the dress was too busy…. and the dress was too formal for that particular event…..

13. doc November 8, 2010 at 04:01 #

I’m not feeling this look. It’s reminiscent of that horrible awful swan dress that Bjork wore to the Oscars. It’s like a horrible prom night nightmare.

• Gretta November 8, 2010 at 09:27 #

Thank you! It is oh so very swan-like!

14. karen November 8, 2010 at 04:06 #

Rihanna looks fabulous. She even looks better than the model. Dress looks stunning on her.

15. Jamie Sanford November 8, 2010 at 04:28 #

I hope that Rihanna wearing this dress doesn’t mean that we won’t see it again on someone else. For me, that dress needs classic, gorgeous glamour and while Rihanna looks fabulous, it’s not how I would have done it.

16. Dani November 8, 2010 at 05:03 #

Absolutely gorgeous!!

17. From Russia With Love November 8, 2010 at 06:30 #

Amazing. BDOTW

18. Emi November 8, 2010 at 09:23 #

I wonder how Marchesa’s people reacted when Rihanna said Elie Saab, maybe she chose the dress at the last minute, maybe she chose between many dresses and couldn’t remember but it’s disrespectful, anyway. She looked good but this dress is too much for EMA’s, I appreciate more people like Katy Perry, it wasn’t the red carpet of the Academy Awards…

19. robbie November 8, 2010 at 09:34 #

this is very iffy for me, it would be alright if it didnt have that huge ruffle thing on the shoulder.

20. Marvel November 8, 2010 at 11:51 #

I Love her in this. It looks so nice and cloudy. I cant believe she made a mistake, but to be fair to her she has been travelling the world wearing an assortment of deisgners so to make one mistake is human

21. dee November 8, 2010 at 15:23 #

I would like this better on Rihanna if it were strapless.

22. artemis November 8, 2010 at 17:04 #

PERFECT for me!she is glowing!!

23. Gorgeous Spice November 8, 2010 at 18:44 #

She is simply amazing and she gets better with time

24. Hannah November 8, 2010 at 20:19 #

I really liek it. It is WAY to OTT, but when you look this good who cares about being OTT?
    The hair isn’t killing me in this look, but brown hair would still make me much happie (given the right shade).
    She looks much more elegant than I thought she could be, and She pulls of the tulle very well.

25. mochababe73 November 9, 2010 at 00:46 #

I am a big Marchesa fan. I would love to have the privilege of wearing a Marchesa to renew my vows.
    However, this dress is too much even for me.

26. Ben November 9, 2010 at 11:29 #

I LOVE it, BDOTW Worthy!

27. Chiara November 12, 2010 at 14:43 #

Rihanna ha uno stile che sole poche persone hanno!!! è unica e agli EMA ha dimostrato d esserlo veramente. I think Rihanna is the best!