Miley Cyrus In D&G – 2010 MTV EMAs

Finally An Age Appropriate Look Award
Yes Miley Cyrus is now 17, but I did find it really hard to warm to her red carpet style for a long while.

After years of inappropriate ultra mini dresses and OTT pouting, it looks like the young actress/singer has finally worn a dress on the red carpet that I like.

She looked adorable on the red carpet for the 2010 MTV EMAs tonight wearing a D&G haltered tiered dress from the Fall 2010 collection.

Her white dress has delicate cascading ruffles and contrasting black waistband and bow detail.

She completed her look with a stack of gold bracelets and a beaming smile.

This dress was previously worn by Italian socialite Bianca Brandolini D’Adda.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Vera Farmiga In Stella McCartney - "Higher Ground" New York Premiere

Vera Farmiga In Stella McCartney – “Higher Ground” New York Premiere

Katy Perry In Jeremy Scott - 2010 MTV EMAs

Katy Perry In Jeremy Scott – 2010 MTV EMAs

27 Responses to Miley Cyrus In D&G – 2010 MTV EMAs

1. Marjorie November 7, 2010 at 22:54 #

Miley finally got it right! She looks so amazing! The more she covers up, the better she looks. Hopefully she keeps this up.

2. Sonia November 7, 2010 at 22:55 #

I love Miley but on the red carpet her fashion choices makes me wonder what the hell goes through her head when she chooses her clothes. But this time, she looks gorgeous. I really dislike the gigantic bow.

The dress is very similar to Serena’s dress at Bart and Lily’s wedding on Gossip Girl: http://media.onsugar.com/files/upl2/25/253595/17_2009/f081f32485f52243_gossip-girl-serena-dan-wedding.larger.jpg

3. Irmina November 7, 2010 at 23:02 #

I agree ;)

4. Laura November 7, 2010 at 23:15 #

I really like this look. It’s young and fun but not in a seductive, sexy way. The only thing I wish is that she’d pulled her hair back.

5. sara November 7, 2010 at 23:15 #

i really like dresses from this collection, so femenine…and miley is beautiful here, but her hair fails…she’d be sooo cute with a selena’s gomez bob!

6. Alicat November 7, 2010 at 23:22 #

It is certainly an improvement on the over-the-top raunch, but she has gone to the other extreme. This looks like a home-made prom dress. Somewhere in there is a happy medium.

• Alicat November 8, 2010 at 07:25 #

I take back the prom dress comment. I have seen other photos of this dress and it is backless. It has two completely different vibes from front and back. Still don’t like it much…

7. lou November 7, 2010 at 23:25 #

i have to disagree. the dress is age appropriate, but with the messy extensions and heavy eye make-up she looks like an older person wearing something too young, which isn’t the case. the bow is tied messily too :(

• Anissa November 7, 2010 at 23:38 #

Agreed. The hair is a rat’s nest at best, and it almost seems like someone forced her to wear the dress (i.e. she didn’t really try)…

• Missy November 8, 2010 at 02:33 #

I also thought she was Carmen Electra at first. Yuck.

• Ev November 8, 2010 at 01:56 #

Absolutely agree.I get the idea of your hair looking natural, but you have to at least wash them for big public appearances. Plus, the bow should’ve been tied like it was on the runway.

8. wkw_ed November 7, 2010 at 23:33 #

Too true. I thought the same. This D&G look is definitely an up-grade from her usual choices *and* age appropriate – compared to Taylor Momsen’s Goth-rehash, it’s splendid!

9. Carolina November 8, 2010 at 00:02 #

I like nothing of this look. Miley rarely gets it right in my opinion,

10. Luiza November 8, 2010 at 00:10 #

she’s the best dressed at the event to me

11. Hisadora November 8, 2010 at 00:10 #

Wonderful! Miley is just wonderful in this dress. She looks age aproppriate and simply gorgeous! :)

12. Chanel November 8, 2010 at 00:17 #

The dress would’ve looked better on anyone, but at least she has a better posture. The hair is a travesty.

13. Vidhya November 8, 2010 at 03:20 #

she is nt really an angel white ruffles kinda girl.. so she is nt selling it.. and im nt buying it..

14. womh November 8, 2010 at 03:32 #

She looks gorgeous but you’ve given her this “finally an age appropriate award” thing before… check your tags… she does do her red carpet looks well, even her her stage outfits are sexy

15. womh November 8, 2010 at 03:38 #

Miley will be 18 on November 23rd. She looks elegant.

16. Margaret November 8, 2010 at 04:08 #

I love the dress, but I wish she didn’t have the extensions. She looked great without them!

17. karen November 8, 2010 at 04:09 #

This is quite an improvement for her. She’s tall but has one of the worst postures.

18. nicky November 8, 2010 at 08:34 #

this dress would look better if she pulled her hair up…the hair looks really dirty and oily =S im not a fan of the dress but it is age appropiate

19. robbie November 8, 2010 at 09:38 #

she looks like she raided a dead womans closet. even though she normally dresses like a cheap skank getting the first 2 bottom tiers removed would have been a little nicer.

20. Marvel November 8, 2010 at 11:52 #

I bet she dressed appropriatly when her publicist told her there were pics of her with a beer in her hand.

21. dee November 8, 2010 at 15:26 #

I don’t think this dress suits her. maybe this would look better if she pulled her back.

22. JJovana3 November 8, 2010 at 15:49 #

Her pose and hair cheapen this dress. I hate it. Everything she puts on that looks nice on runway, she ruins it.

23. mochababe73 November 9, 2010 at 01:03 #

Compared to what I usually see from Miley, I like it on her.