2010 ARIA Awards

Australian musical talent was celebrated at the 2010 ARIA Awards in Sydney today, with a packed red carpet of Aussie beauties celebrating Australian designers.

Ruby Rose was the exception as she opted to wear a Miu Miu Fall 2010 dress.

This dress has been seen in nearly every editorial in every magazine all over the world, so I’m surprised that Ruby wore a dress most of us are tired of seeing.

I’m not a fan of tattoos, but I kinda like the rough and the smooth contrast of the rock-chick tattoos with a cute ultra feminine dress.

Lara Bingle worked a sleek modern chic look wearing a navy dress by Australian designer Josh Goot.

Her dress is beautiful but she loses many points for the grey suede pumps.

Jessica Mauboy grabbed the attention from the others on the red carpet wearing a Toni Maticevski structured pink dress.

The R&B singer teamed her flamboyant dress with Sergio Rossi nude heels.

Megan Washington received many nominations at this event, and she ensured she looked pretty to collect awards wearing a red lace dress by Australian designer Alex Perry.

I’m not crazy about the cream pumps, but her jewel encrusted clutch catches my eye.

Kelsey Martinovich – Australia’s Next Top Model Cycle 6 runner up – surely wanted to be noticed wearing a Paule Ka bustier dress which a sheer panel across the midriff.

I like her dress and her bravery for wearing such a bold look, but gloves make this look very costumey.

The “2010 ARIA Awards” will air on MTV Classic on Monday 8 November at 9pm.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Beauty Spot: Dazzling Blue

Beauty Spot: Dazzling Blue

Taylor Momsen In Alexander McQueen - 2010 MTV EMAs

Taylor Momsen In Alexander McQueen – 2010 MTV EMAs

15 Responses to 2010 ARIA Awards

1. JacobGH November 7, 2010 at 15:32 #

Hey FC,
    I love when you feature pics from red carpet events that a lot of us would never see without your site! FYI, though, the last girl on the left is actually Australia’s Next Top Model runner up Kelsey Martinovich. I’m not sure if you know, but they actually initially announced her the winner accidentally during the live broadcast of the finale. It was pretty mortifying/amazing. It’s all over Youtube if you want to check it out. Anyway, love the site!

–JGH

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2010 at 15:36 #

Thank you.

Those picture agencies do get it wrong some times :)

2. Hannah November 7, 2010 at 16:05 #

I hate the gloves on Kelsey. Gloves rarely improve a look. I am dissappointed with Ruby rose, the dress does nothing for her, and the fact there is only one metal flower on only one of the lapels (not really lapels but nothing else to call them) is too confusing for me. The Alex Perry reminds me a lot of Erdem.

3. Lou November 7, 2010 at 16:15 #

I do love that Miu Miu dress (and the shoes!!) but the tattoos aren’t working for me at all

4. Hisadora November 7, 2010 at 16:28 #

Laura Bingle is just amazing! I like her dress but I’m also disapointed for her shoe choice. My favorite here is Jessica Mauboy but…. her hair is not so good. Sorry, but Kelsey Martinovich is just ridiculous. There’s nothing good going on her look.

5. robbie November 7, 2010 at 18:51 #

its all rather blah for me. ruby rose looks ridiculous, love the dress but im so bored of pretty dresses getting “roughed” up.

lara, the only good look from the event.

jessica, that dress should be burnt!

megan, its a bit alright although too lace curtains for my taste.

kelsey, she is eiher blind or drunk! its like a classy hooker get up.

6. Ethne Blist November 7, 2010 at 18:53 #

Jessica Mauboy and Megan Washington look the best. Jessica thought outside the box and was creative, Megan looks lovely.

7. Lucinda November 7, 2010 at 19:16 #

Miu Miu are (finally) opening a flagship boutique in Sydney so i wasn’t surprised to see a few girls in Miu Miu looks last night. We all love this collection, but its been flogged to death… especially the dresses.

I wish she had picked one of the colourful resort dresses, this feels a bit try hard to me… still, kudos to her for attempting to step out of her ‘rock chic’ box.

p.s. FC could you feature SIA at this event? i thought she looked gorgeous and would love to know what she was wearing..

• JacobGH November 7, 2010 at 21:44 #

She was wearing Christian Siriano. He tweeted a pic of her earlier today.

8. alannah November 7, 2010 at 21:23 #

thanks FC :)
    i loved lara, she always looks so fresh & just glowing. pity about the shoe choice but oh well what can you do.
    x

9. Alicat November 7, 2010 at 23:40 #

I love Megan Washington’s look. Cute hair and makeup. She has real talent to match as well.

10. T from Sydney November 7, 2010 at 23:46 #

i think im the only person who cant stand ruby rose,
    i was watching abit of the red carpet and i saw her interview someone, and you couldnt see her tats and her hair and make up were perfect she just looked so pretty….but then she moved i saw the tats.

i liked the red lace dress tho

11. Marvel November 8, 2010 at 11:56 #

I kinda like Jessic’s weird dress.

I love the Miu Miu look mius teh tatoos but Im not sure about the shoes

12. Carolina November 8, 2010 at 12:48 #

The woman wearing the pink dress with a big puff in her head looks soo terrible and ugly….
    The make up and the hair are hideous.

13. char November 9, 2010 at 03:34 #

hey anyone know which Toni Maticevski’s collection Jessica Mauboy’s dress is from?