Ralph Lauren Hosts Cocktail Reception In Honor Of Gloria Vanderbilt

Ralph Lauren hosted an elegant evening of cocktails in honor of Gloria Vanderbilt at the new women’s store at 888 Madison Avenue, to celebrate the publication of ‘The World of Gloria Vanderbilt’ by Wendy Goodman.

Camilla Belle returns to the party scene after a brief hiatus.

She becomes the first celebrity to wear a look from the Ralph Lauren Spring 2011 collection.

Her look included a white cotton mens shirt paired with a silk georgette beaded fringe skirt.

I prefer her mahogany belt, but I don’t like her brown suede pumps. Not only are they not well co-ordinated with the rest of her look, but they also feel really heavy.

We can’t see much of Sarah Jessica Parker’s look as she wearing a gorgeous wool coat, which just gives us a peek of her embellished dress with a floral embroidered hem.

A white bag and sparkling peep-toes complete her look.

Uma Thurman opted for a chic head-to-toe black Ralph Lauren look.

Credit: BFAnyc.com

Best Dressed Of The Week - Blake Lively In Gucci Premiere, Karolina Kurkova In Marchesa, Benedict Cumberbatch In Ralph Lauren & Douglas Booth In Burberry

Best Dressed Of The Week – Blake Lively In Gucci Premiere, Karolina Kurkova In Marchesa, Benedict Cumberbatch In Ralph Lauren & Douglas Booth In Burberry

Olivia Wilde In Michael Kors – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Olivia Wilde In Michael Kors – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

20 Responses to Ralph Lauren Hosts Cocktail Reception In Honor Of Gloria Vanderbilt

1. robbie November 5, 2010 at 16:10 #

dolly parton will be so pissed to find camilla has stole from her wardrobe.

thank god for SJP and uma.

• frommdq November 5, 2010 at 21:45 #

lol
      worts camilla ever!

• Letícia November 7, 2010 at 03:00 #

Hahahahah my thoughts exactly!

2. JJovana3 November 5, 2010 at 16:24 #

WTH is Camilla wearing??? That RL Spring 11 collection was just downright awful. So costumey, outdated and cheesy.

3. Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 16:31 #

Camile Belle is wearing 3 different looks: rodeo chic ( kirt) , Gypsy chic (shirt) and Junior exec chic (shoes). Unfortunately the 3 looks do not work well together. To me this is almost as bad as Blake Lively’s below,

SJP and Uma Thurman look stunning and flawless.

4. Ethne Blist November 5, 2010 at 16:41 #

I don’t like Camilla’s unnecessary necklace. But I love everything else. The shoes surprisingly don’t bother me.

5. maria November 5, 2010 at 17:10 #

I think the look is too mature for Camille. It also feels very costumey and like it should only be worn in Arizona or some place with cacti.
    To add insult to injury the shoes do not match at all to the look.

6. Hannah November 5, 2010 at 17:26 #

Not really a fan of Camilla’s look, she doesn’t pull it off half as well as the model, and I think it is too mature for her, as well as hating the shoes.
    I adore Sarah Jessica’s look though, it reminds me of Christmas, in a non-novelty or gimmicky way. Just really chic and effortless.
    I have really missed Uma, and although I don’t adore her look, she looks sophisticated.

7. Giuseppi November 5, 2010 at 17:28 #

I think camilla belle is the best here- i like the way she wore the look- i am not too fond of tassles and fringe, but the shirt is terrific- and her choice of belt was too. i think it’s much better than the cowgirl kinda flavor the look has on the runway

8. mol November 5, 2010 at 18:04 #

As usual, I love SJP’s look. I don’t even feel I want her to take her coat off as it’s part of the creative dance between various elements that she always creates.

9. karen November 5, 2010 at 18:46 #

I think Camilla looks great for her age. JSP looks a bit boring and Uma wow she is a giant isn’t she.

10. justme November 5, 2010 at 18:50 #

The only good thing about Camilla’s outfit is that it makes me want to watch “An American Tail: Fievel Goes West” again. Other than that, she gets a big no from me.

11. Naomi November 5, 2010 at 20:16 #

I’m so happy to see a look from Ralph Lauren Spring 2011. I know it can seem a bit much with all that cowgirl theme, but I really like it. I agree Camilla could have done a better job with her shoes.

12. Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 20:47 #

I know you can’t show every look but I saw a picture of Gloria Vanderbilt who looked absolutely stunning at the age of 80 something.

13. ullis November 5, 2010 at 22:29 #

oh no i dont like this at all…miss belle is too petite for the heavy looking shirt

also, after listening better than revenge (taylor swift) i cant like camilla belle as much as i did before!

14. Alicat November 5, 2010 at 23:21 #

All Camilla needs to really top off this look is a pair of cowboy boots. SJP looks pretty predictable, but Uma looks amazing. She is so statuesque. Love the choker collar and hair.

15. Marvel November 5, 2010 at 23:32 #

Oh so she returns!!

Just when I thought we got rid of her

16. Suz November 5, 2010 at 23:42 #

SJP is such a pro. I love how she knows to pose while holding her coat open just enough that she shows off some of her dress as well. :)

17. pipsqueak November 6, 2010 at 18:30 #

I don’t like Camilla’s shoes. I think she can pull off a western-ish look, but those pumps are so wrong. Love SJP and Uma, especially Uma. Only she could make that tux jacket + gown combo look so perfect.

18. Thaysa November 7, 2010 at 00:49 #

SJP looks amazing! OMG! Loved this look!