Dakota Fanning In Valentino Couture – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Dakota Fanning went for a simple effortless look at the 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards last night.

The young actress wore a romantic Valentino Fall 2010 Couture gown which surprisingly doesn’t overwhelm her.

Her blush strapless gown isn’t grand or over the top, it’s very appropriate for a young star like Dakota who doesn’t want to got the Miley Cyrus route on the red carpet.

My only problem with this look is her hair as it looks like she just rolled out of bed.

Dakota never really does much with her hair, so I think a new style is long overdue.

At this point I would get over excited about a ponytail.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Olivia Wilde In Michael Kors – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Olivia Wilde In Michael Kors – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Rosario Dawson In Christian Siriano - 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Rosario Dawson In Christian Siriano – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

24 Responses to Dakota Fanning In Valentino Couture – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

1. Hisadora November 5, 2010 at 18:15 #

Sorry, I was wrong. I think it’s because I saw a photo of her and the dress wasn’t quite well if you understand me…. anyway she looks GORGEOUS. It looks like she wears it better than the model.

2. dada November 5, 2010 at 18:20 #

I personnally think that her dress style is perfect, and being french I can even say that for me this is the epitome of effortless chic, and wouldn’t change anything.

• Terry November 5, 2010 at 18:53 #

Me too! She’s so beautiful, she really does the dress justice.

3. allie November 5, 2010 at 18:30 #

uhmmmmm

4. Regina November 5, 2010 at 18:34 #

She looks adorable and I like her hair like that. Maybe it was windy outside or something? I just think that a hairdo would age her. Lovely!

• molly November 5, 2010 at 20:51 #

I agree. As much as I would like her to change up the hair, its perfect because she generally wears more grown up clothes so the hair makes her look younger. And i will be the first to admit that she looks about 12 with a ponytail.

5. Hannah November 5, 2010 at 18:34 #

She looks really lovely chic and elegant, she just looks a bit reluctant to be there. I think that this is not hte best she has ever or wille ver look, but it’s nice.
    And yes, the hair is almost becoming as annoyign as Blake Lively’s. I love strapless dresses with updo’s, so that would have been near perfect for me.

6. Giuseppi November 5, 2010 at 19:20 #

perfect. i love accessories, but this is perfect

7. Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 20:14 #

I think she looks perfect. The gown is perfect and age appropriate as much as a 6 figure gown can ever look appropriate on a tween.

8. Liz November 5, 2010 at 21:11 #

The whole look is dreadful. The dress is very unspectacular and she looks to overdressed.

The hair has got to change. I’m so BORED with seeing the same hair over and over and over again. What’s the dealio? Is she self-conscious about her ears or something? I think it would be very refreshing if Dakota went for a bob.

• V November 6, 2010 at 02:28 #

i agree. this dress does nothing for her or her coloring. it looks like a sack and has no shape to it. I am not saying she needs to be in a KimK dress but this looks like it should be worn by someone with darker coloring. The fit is atrocious.

• artemis November 6, 2010 at 18:40 #

totally agree!! I like simple chic looks but they must fit perfect!

9. nisha November 5, 2010 at 21:43 #

i think she looks absloutely beautiful and i love her hair like this. i think it goes well with the gown.it is one of my favourite looks by her and she definately wears it better than the model.i do think it would be nice to see her have a different hairstyle next time though.it would be interesting to see her with brunette hair like she had in hide and seek it really brought out her eye colour.thanks for posting

10. Alicat November 5, 2010 at 22:58 #

I am going to have to differ here. I like the top half of the gown but the skirt drags it down. The set at the top of the thighs and the volumes of fabric make it look very heavy. It does fit her better than the model, however. Her hair and makeup are age appropriate but the choice of colour on someone already so pale looks a bit washed out.

11. ullis November 5, 2010 at 23:05 #

the dress got a special vibe to it, i cant decide whether i like it or not..

the hair is a mess. even a simple side-plait would be better than what she is sporting there..

12. Marvel November 5, 2010 at 23:31 #

How boring!

Her hair is so blah

13. gossip_bangkok November 6, 2010 at 02:04 #

I really like her in the dress.

14. moja31 November 6, 2010 at 03:39 #

i think she looks perfect, the dress is great on her and the hair goes with the whole effortless look.

15. KateS November 6, 2010 at 04:02 #

She looks beautiful. Having her hair down makes this age-appropriate and helps balance the difficult silhouette. I love that she’s not always tarted-up in masses of jewellery. Effortless chic.

16. asherlev1 November 6, 2010 at 04:45 #

I agree, FC. Her style is so minimalist, and while I do think that’s definitely better than going wild, I wish she’d just put up her hair and put on some jewelry for once. She could look so great.

And I do love this gown on her.

17. mochababe73 November 6, 2010 at 13:20 #

I say leave her alone. Again. She’s only 16, I prefer what she’s wearing now.
    She continues to look young and innocent which is what you want. The dress is perfect for her. Eventually, she may decide to do something more, but for now, I say let’s keep her the 16 year old girl tha she is. Dakota has plenty of time for the other “stuff”.

18. Linda November 6, 2010 at 16:04 #

She looks perfect. She’s very effortless. The hair may be a bit mussed if it was windy out or something.

19. dee November 6, 2010 at 16:10 #

I think if this was in a different color she would look great. The color washed her out.

20. Ayesha November 7, 2010 at 06:59 #

i like it on her,suits exceptionally well.