Blake Lively In Vivienne Westwood – The Realm Boutique Opening

For a long while I’ve been telling you guys that Blake Lively doesn’t have a stylist.

Some of you don’t believe this to be true, but you may change your mind when you see Blake on red carpet at the Realm Boutique Opening in New York City last night.

No self respecting stylist would ever allow Blake to leave the house looking this bad.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore a blue oversized man’s shirt with a black sparkling high-waisted skirt.

It gets worse.

She accessorized with a tan belt and black Chanel ankle boots.

Individually the pieces aren’t too bad, but together this is an epic failure.

The tragic thing is that Blake thinks this is fashion forward.

The sad thing is that she thinks she looks amazing.

Update: It looks like Blake did take this look straight from the runway of Vivienne Westwood’s Fall 2010 Red Label collection.

Credit: INFPhoto & Style.com

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Ralph Lauren Hosts Cocktail Reception In Honor Of Gloria Vanderbilt

Ralph Lauren Hosts Cocktail Reception In Honor Of Gloria Vanderbilt

77 Responses to Blake Lively In Vivienne Westwood – The Realm Boutique Opening

1. Dorian Gray November 5, 2010 at 14:09 #

If she had a call to Donatella this tragedy would never happened. I have a crush for this girl but her look here is awful!

2. Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 14:09 #

Don’t be too harsh on her FC-you may recall that Celine ‘s SS ’10 cllection had an oversized white shirt peeking under a short burlap skirt. Its the belt shoes and the sparkles that are really killing this look.

3. dee November 5, 2010 at 14:09 #

I like the shirt and booties and that’s it. The whole outfit is a mess.

4. Ju November 5, 2010 at 14:12 #

FC, I know it’s not your style (you usually only has nice things to say or you don’t say nothing at all) but what would you think about doing a Worst Dressed of the Year?
    This would certainly be the winner!
    I hope this look was just a point out of the curve for her!

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2010 at 14:15 #

I think with so many contenders, a worst dressed of the year category is needed. :)

• Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 14:46 #

Yes much needed but as bad as this look is nothing beats the the Dior leather dress worn by Marion C. Also I think the Kardasians should be immediately booked in the Worst Dress Hall of Fame.

5. dankka November 5, 2010 at 14:12 #

Actually, I don’t think it’s that bad though….

• Leslie November 5, 2010 at 14:21 #

Me neither…
      Sure the shirt peeking under her skirt is really strange, and I personally wouldn’t have worn a sequins skirt nor ankle boots but it’s not that bad.
      But given you are a huge fan of Blake, I can understand you’re disappointed ;)

• Linda November 5, 2010 at 21:44 #

Me neither. She still looks cute, just a little different, but I’m not seeing the tragedy of it.

6. Moxie November 5, 2010 at 14:18 #

It wouldn’t be so bad if the shirt wasn’t peeking out under the skirt and if she’d used a different belt. Still not great, but not the train wreck that she’s wearing.

• perfumeorpoison November 5, 2010 at 18:04 #

my thoughts exactly.
      i think we should all admit that it is admirable how long she managed to style herself flawlessly..
      so.. this is one of the less successful looks.
      we’ve all seen celebs in MUCH worse outfits, and some of them were even professionally styled!

7. nicky November 5, 2010 at 14:20 #

nothing is working here. the belt is just tragic looking…seeing this post come up after carey’s perfection post just makes me want to laugh

8. maria November 5, 2010 at 14:20 #

the belt is killing me……

9. b November 5, 2010 at 14:26 #

Worst Dressed Of The Year contender indeed.

It’s just so ridiculous looking. She should stick with copying the runway.

Now I know why she always wears body-con dress. She looks best in that.

10. anna November 5, 2010 at 14:26 #

Without the belt and the shirt peeking out I think this would look nice.

11. Sofia C. November 5, 2010 at 14:29 #

I don’t think she looks that bad. There are people with stylists that dress a lot worse!!

• Taylor November 5, 2010 at 17:54 #

That’s exactly what I was thinking…it’s not the worst look we’ve seen out there. I like the fact that she looks confident with it…that’s a seller.

12. Jimmy November 5, 2010 at 14:31 #

Maybe someone stole all of her clothes and this is all she had left in her closet? That must be what happened. I hope she gets the rest of her wardrobe returned soon.

13. little G November 5, 2010 at 14:31 #

@ Lee Ann
    Agree with you. here is the celine SS 10 pic
    i could accept the oversized shirt peek over her shirt, and the black boot is ok. just the belt is not working for me.

14. Anne November 5, 2010 at 14:35 #

I actually like the outfit but it would have been better if you couldn’t see the blue shirt under the skirt.

15. jane November 5, 2010 at 14:39 #

why does not anybody in her home or friends tell her that she looks horrible with that giant belt

16. Alexandra November 5, 2010 at 14:41 #

nooo! she had such an amazing run, why did she have to ruin everything with this ridiculous look?! What was she thinking?!

17. mm November 5, 2010 at 14:41 #

I think if the shirt wasnt sticking out under the skirt it wouldn’t be so bad. the worst is the skirt. Some creations just dont work out in fashion. At least she isnt boring.

18. Elisa November 5, 2010 at 14:45 #

I saw the picture and I was so scared that you were going to like it, FC (since you do have a huge girl crush on Blake and I sometimes disagree with your preferences about her), but I’m so happy that you know a mess when you see one, even on Blake Lively ;-)
    Absolutely horrifying look!

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2010 at 14:46 #

I love her but even I can’t justify this :)

19. DC November 5, 2010 at 14:48 #

this is car crash fashion! but low and behold i think there will be scores of girls, and quite possibly celebs too who will follow blake on this dark fashion path, purely because she is blake!! the power of the celebrity never ceases to amaze me…..!

20. VIP November 5, 2010 at 14:49 #

The belt is definitely the worst idea ever here. The skirt is really cute though. If she had paired it with a regular women’s shirt it could have worked for her

21. jadel November 5, 2010 at 14:53 #

a mess from head to toe, i still don’t see or understand what’s the hype about her and claiming her as a fashionista, she’s a cute girl that sometimes wear pretty clothes. Maybe i’m blind but don’t get her and her gracing the Vogue cover(if i’m correct, twice already) still having my mind spinning out of control. excuse me?????????

22. cindy November 5, 2010 at 14:57 #

Well….i kinda like the matching of the shirt with the skirt….but I can’t forgive that the shirt is actually longer than the skirt! The belt is too big and in a pretty bad color….the booties? I don’t get the appeal of wearing booties with that king of look but anyway!
    She’s an adorable girl but….she’s a mess here….too bad.

23. mikeijames November 5, 2010 at 14:57 #

i feel bad because you can so clearly see what she’s going for, but she just didn’t get there. the shirt’s not as starched as it’d need to be. the belt ties in with nothing. the boots fall flat. and the skirt works against everything else.

she could have accomplished this feeling much easier with a quick pair of leather shorts and a lace up well-heeled boot.

24. shubby doo November 5, 2010 at 15:04 #

As I went from head to toe…this look went from good to really really bad. The ankle boots just killed it. *Dead* #Shame

25. frommdq November 5, 2010 at 15:06 #

Back home this shirt-peeking-out-the-skirt look is in many shopping windows since last winter (summer for you) Maybe she was in buenos aires for fashion ideas! Not a good one, though

26. Alice[*] November 5, 2010 at 15:32 #

Bad day.It happens.

• Marvel November 5, 2010 at 23:34 #

Yeah I suppose it does. I think everyone should just hope this is a one-off

27. S November 5, 2010 at 15:33 #

Am I the only one who likes this look? I think it suits her actually

28. Jo November 5, 2010 at 15:45 #

I am a huge, huge Blake Lively fan – I think she is utterly gorgeous and (usually) I love her style. I don’t like this. Maybe another colour skirt would have helped? Also, I think the skirt is a bit small – it’s coming up very, very high on her waist and even if you ignore the rest of the outfit, wouldn’t look very nice on her.

29. Ev November 5, 2010 at 15:46 #

The shirt peeking over her skirt is not so bad. I may be able to forgive her those boots, even though they are all wrong for this look. But iIt’s the sparkles on her skirt and the HORRIBLE belt that totally ruin this for me. I don’t know if it is WDOTY, but it most certainly deserves a place in that category.

30. Meg November 5, 2010 at 15:47 #

this picture totally cracked me up!

the shirt peeking under the skirt is SO odd
    as is the weirdly tied belt

31. susan November 5, 2010 at 15:52 #

I’ve always believed you when you said she has no stylist because 9 times out of ten she’s a big FAIL. I just don’t understand it though. With all the beautiful clothes these people have at the fingertips and then she so obviously won the genes lottery.. WHY look so bad??? It really should be a billable offense.

32. Elise November 5, 2010 at 15:52 #

Wow awful!
    “The worse thing about this look is that the blouse peeking over her skirt is so clearly deliberate.” this is exactly what I thought, she looks ridiculous !

33. Hannah November 5, 2010 at 15:53 #

My honest inital reaction was:’Oh God’
    WHY?
    No selfrespecting person, let alone stylist, would let themselves leave the house like this. Her facial expression and pose is not up to par (she looks like she hasperiod pains)
    Anyone guessing this was Penn’s shirt and she decided to look deliberately bad in it?
    Or Maybe Penn used to style her and since they have broken up he doesnt anymore?
    I really have no better ideas as to why this would happen.

• Hannah November 6, 2010 at 00:12 #

Oh god, has anyone seen the coat/jacket which she wore before takign it off to reveal this monstrosity. It is nice, but it still has the layering thing goign on and involves ANOTHER belt, as if that 200 yards of what looks suspiciously like pleather tangled around her was not enough.

34. robbie November 5, 2010 at 16:07 #

im guessing she has suddenly become blind! seriously this is like a hideous 80s outfit.

35. SarahV November 5, 2010 at 16:36 #

This is NOT okay, lol!

36. advo88 November 5, 2010 at 16:51 #

THIS. IS. BAD. No really!

I always knew she didn’t have a stylist, imo, it’s totally reflected in most of her style. But, she does get help. Doesn’t Anne Wintour pick out stuff for her sometimes, for the red carpet? Also, she has mentioned something about picking up stuff through GG. Which totally makes sense since they share similar style: Boobs and legs.

This oufit is so, so terrible bad. Words can’t even describe how bad. I think it’s sad that a girl like Blake who has an amazing body, access and money to almost anything can’t dress better than this. And I think it’s extremely tragic that no one stopped her from walking out wearing THAT!

37. Diana November 5, 2010 at 17:18 #

I find your comments a little too harsh! She’s just trying something new.. I’d rather have this, which really isn’t that bad though it’s not my style, than a Herve Leger dress any day!!

38. Claudia November 5, 2010 at 17:47 #

I love her.
    But this look hurt my eyes.
    I don’t have a stylist but I’d never wear that.
    Let’s pray she never does it again.

39. ruth November 5, 2010 at 18:25 #

this is more carrie bradshaw, less blake.

40. karen November 5, 2010 at 18:49 #

Oh she’s a total mess.

41. jojo November 5, 2010 at 21:08 #

i love the chanel quilted pocket ankle boots but with her coat i loook so much better ! what a fail

42. Liz November 5, 2010 at 21:13 #

It looks dreadful and I was shocked to find out that it was straight-off-the-runway. It looks like she just threw a bunch of random items together.

BLAKE LIVELY HAS NO STYLE!! NONE.

43. Sisi November 5, 2010 at 22:05 #

Well, maybe she needs a stylist.
    She never has a great style and fashion sense.
    She loves to copy the total look from runway.
    The shirt and skirt are from Vivienne Westwood Red Label Fall 2010.

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2010 at 01:39 #

Thanks Sisi xx

• Sisi November 6, 2010 at 02:57 #

My pleasure! :)

44. ullis November 5, 2010 at 22:31 #

a (short) white silkblouse would have worked :(

oh wells

at least penn dumped her haha (sorry for my cruelty but i have been waiting for this ever since they got together)

45. tiffany November 5, 2010 at 22:33 #

lol @ your comments in this post…hahaha

46. Rodrigo de Dios November 5, 2010 at 22:38 #

Ladies, beautiful ladies (and gents)
    I’d want to take the opportunity to ask not for the Worst Dressed of Week/Month/Year, please.
    What it has drawn me to this marvelous blog is the positive perspective FC has toward fashion: this makes it uniquely different to other fashion websites.
    The “I don’t like” comments are fine and acceptable, but a negative fashion slot towards worst dressed women will only result ground for bashing and mockery. I’ve just read on another user post that anyone can have a bad day. It is true. So, if a celebrity is having a “bad day” they just don’t make it to the BDOW or even worse, to this blog at all.

47. MN November 5, 2010 at 23:22 #

Hi FC,

Just saw on Facebook that Blake is actually wearing Vivienne Westwood Red Label. It’s on their official page!

I do think that she looks terrible though…..

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2010 at 00:17 #

thanks. I agree she still looks really bad

48. jenny November 5, 2010 at 23:31 #

this dress is Vivienne Westwood F/W 10.. she copied it stright from the runway

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2010 at 00:17 #

thanks. I just updated the post

49. André November 6, 2010 at 01:24 #

Honestly, had she worn the skirt a little lower (covering up the shirt tails) and worn some strappy sandals or pumps that matched her belt, this look could have worked.

Either that or change out the belt. The booties really do her no favours, though.

50. KateS November 6, 2010 at 04:15 #

I’ve never understood the love for Blake’s style, which is either a) body-con california blonde or b) a re-run of runway looks without any interpretation or evidence of personal style, but I feel bad for her here. It’s a killer look on the runway, but off it, and without those fabulous boots, it’s ridiculous. A cool concept lost in execution.

51. nahla November 6, 2010 at 04:25 #

I think the dress looes nice in the runway , but Blak did not blance the colors and the shape that why it looks odd…

52. Crystal November 6, 2010 at 14:07 #

the shirt and the skirt is actually not too bad but the belt and the shoes…….

53. Nikki November 6, 2010 at 14:28 #

Blake does have a stylist. The stylists of the fashion designers as she copies the look exactly like the runway. And unfortunately even that, she couldn’t manage to get it right. Hello! You’re not supposed to take the look right off the runway when it looks like this. And this is Anna Wintour’s “it” girl? *Shudders*.

54. Lou November 6, 2010 at 14:31 #

i think this look looks OK on the catwalk but not on Blake – perhaps its the boots? Not sure, but she proves that it is a very hard look to pull off

55. Emi November 6, 2010 at 16:15 #

As I often write, what is beautiful on the runway can be horrible or vulgar or not suitable for real life, even in the case of a red carpet. The belt is terrible. I’m tired of this way to knot it, fashion stylists, think about another way to wear it!!!

56. ty November 6, 2010 at 18:22 #

and i dont even like blake lively, or this look .

57. pipsqueak November 6, 2010 at 18:38 #

I actually love this look. I don’t know what the consensus is here, as I didn’t read through 60+ comments. But I absolutely love the randomness of the look – not random as in “a homeless person” kind of way, but random as in “with an attitude, deliberately not put together.” She looked like a stylish pedestrian or fashion editor that would be featured on The Sartorialist. I totally dig it.

58. everydaytrivial November 6, 2010 at 21:55 #

I disagree with the flow… i think it takes guts to dress with your own personal style (flawed or not) in this stylist-ridden-era.
    the straight from the runnway pic just proves she does do her homework.
    i think she is making a statement. i like the shirt and the rest of the look. she pulls it off, let’s face it

59. Ayesha November 7, 2010 at 07:10 #

it’ not good but i don’t hate it either.

60. Tracey November 7, 2010 at 08:56 #

Should I admit, I love this look. I love the sequin skirt with a chambray shirt (J Crew does this too). I think it is fashion forward – mixing traditional smart night sequins with daytime denim.

61. Dani November 7, 2010 at 23:53 #

I wish she didn’t copy straight from the runway. Ruins her fashion cred. And here she should have clearly been able to see that this wasn’t working for her in real life.
    But really fashionable celebs, worthy of the “it girl” tag, are able to interpret and/or reinvent the work of others to make it their own.

62. Hannef November 8, 2010 at 07:16 #

I’m ok with the shirt but the belt is killing me! Poorly knotted and it looks like it could unbuckled itself.

63. Ju'lia November 14, 2010 at 20:24 #

I actually think that it is cute. The belt is not properly tied, but I like the shirt peaking out at the bottom and I even like the shoes. She just needed someone to tie that belt. LOL.

64. Leni November 9, 2011 at 13:50 #

Insult Blake all you want but leave Vivienne out of it. This is fashion forward, Vivienne’s creation…not Blake. The whole point of the oversized men’s shirt was to do with one of Vivienne’s concepts behind the collection of women being able to just pick up clothes from their boyfriends and to somehow incorporate it into their fashion, whether it be a piece from her collection or simply by doing it yourself. Honestly, not only is she an amazing designer but she also encourages people with little money to approach fashion in a cheap and assessable way that is not only “fashion forward”, but affordable and fun. I may not be able to afford the likes of Vivienne Westwood but in some small way she makes me feel like I can…even if it isn’t the real thing.