Last night Julianne Moore attended The Bvlgari Express for Save The Children Party during Rome Film Festival.

She continues to wow us on the red carpet, going from bright colours to this mysterious LBD.

The Bvlgari brand ambassador paired her Bvlgari jewels and Bvlgari clutch with an Alexander McQueen Resort 2011 dress.

Much like her Lanvin dress, this McQueen dress has two faces.

The tuxedo and the delicate sheer lace panel.

This is yet another interesting bold choice for Julianne, but I wish the dress was just a little bit more fitted around the waist. The models dress seems to have more shape to it.

Christian Louboutin Larissa Plato suede sandals complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

31 thoughts on “Julianne Moore In Alexander McQueen – The Bvlgari Express for Save The Children Party

1. Fiona

Love the dress, not keen on the shoes, but agree with you about the fit, the model is obviously taller and it fits her above the waist, whereas on Julianne it sits lower and is less fitted. Still a great look overall.

2. Ali

I love Julianne, however the main thing bugging me is her hair – I think she should have had it up. Also, I prefer the way the black panel sits on the model – it is more structured that way. I think overall with the hair and the panel drooping, it looks quite sloppy and muddled. She should work the pose better too

1. mol

I have to agree – it’s frustrating as I love this dress and I’m sad that Julianne messed up on these small but essential details.

3. Lee Ann

In the minority here but she is starting to get up my nose by always trying to be edgy. She isn’t and is at least to me starting to look like she is trying to reclaim her youth and therefore a little desperate. Sorry I still have that awful Lanvin dress in my mind. Dress is great but the shoes whilst fine on their own do not work with it? Julianne you are 50 -by now you should know and have a style. Stop experimenting in public or where there will be photographic evidence. Carine is edgy you are not.

1. maria

i don’t really agree. I don’t think any of her dresses are not age appropriate. They might be too edgy for your taste, but they are never trying to reclaim youth.

1. Lee Ann

I didn’t say the dresses were not age appropriate -what I meant to say and am probably not being clear is either through shoes, hair or make up-shoes in this case-she is trying to be edgy and too me edgy doesn’t suit her. Trust me this dress is not too edgy for me.

2. molly

I am with you on all of this, and feel very badly because I really love Julianne Moore. She knows how to look fabulous, but to my eyes has not been hitting it lately. The attempts at “edgy” come across as a somewhat desperate clawing for youth and relevance – which is always just kind of sad.

3. Kristen

I fully agree! FC regularly comments about how she wishes that Salma Hayek would stop trying to be edgy in McQueen and I feel the same way about Julianne. She is stunning and she looks best in classic, simple gowns. All of these more avant garde looks just aren’t working for me.

~ Kristen

1. JJovana3

Perfectly said. When you get overshadowed by your dress and it ends up wearing you, for the sake of “edge”, something is not right, and AMCQ is not for everyone.

4. Marvel

I wishe’d she would have put her hair to the back and the dress be more fitted but other than that, she looks great.

She is certainly on a roll

5. SarahV

I love this look on Julianne. She looks much better in it than the model, who still reminds me of Bruce Jenner.

6. Nia

I love her not matter what she wears! But I agree that the shoes are not flattering and the dress should have been more fitted around the waist.

7. JJovana3

I dont want to sound mean, but what is it with an overload of older actresses completely commercializing Alexander McQueen. McQueen clothes are for edgy, rock girls who have no desire for “sexiness” and “glamour”. Salma Hayek comes to mind. Its really driving me crazy.

1. Lee Ann

I do think you could say the same about some younger actresses too- Kate Hudson,Anne Hathaway and Carey Mulligan. Some people no mater what the age do not do edgy. But it does look desperate as you get older.

8. manja

i am surprised by some comments,regarding age and designers,and who should wear it or not.i think we all can wear what ever we want,and other people can like it or not,and that’s it.why can’t she be edgy????beacause she is 50????maybe she feels like it at the moment.she looks great and she can do or wear what ever-:))))))

1. Lee Ann

Manja I am 54 and made a comment about edginess. I would wear the dress . I would wear the shoes. But I would not wear them together. Edgy is an attitude not an age. Carine roitfeld is edgy she is older than I am.it is not about age it is about what suits you. She does not suit edgy and probably wouldn’t have 30 years ago. My comment about age was merely by the age of 50 she should know what suits her. I hope this is FINALLY CLEAR!!!!!!!!!

9. mochababe73

I remember when Julianne used to be impecably dressed. Not feeling this dress or the other two-faced dress that she wore.
    Sometimes a dress is just ugly. It doesn’t matter who wears it, it’s always goin to be an ugly dress.
    Oh, yeah, I LOVE the shoes.

10. Alicat

If you listen to Julianne’s interviews of late she is a very down to earth lady with few pretensions. With this in mind, it is difficult to interpret her dress choices as trying too hard to be edgy. Her acting roles are never mainstream and nor are her fashion choices. It would be difficult to imagine her dressing as other actresses in her age group do. I say, “Go Julianne!”. What is age-appropriateness anyway but another constricting viewpoint placed upon women (often by other women!) about how they should behave – and it is especially aimed at older women.

1. mol

I like what you have said here – it is true that Julianne has never been a mainstream actress, you really can’t pinpoint her with one type of role, she often takes chances and makes a stretch into something unexpected. It’s the same for how she dresses – she bounces around, sometimes it works beautifully, other times (like this outfit), perhaps not so great. But at no time have I ever felt that she was coming from a trying too hard or desperate to appear edgy place – I just think she likes to change it up and not get trapped into a predictable presentation, the same thing she does in her career choices in film. For the people that like to label things (ie:Carine is edgy, Julianne is not), well, I can see how they are uncomfortable with Julianne, with the fact that she doesn’t settle where they want her to be ….I am not uncomfortable with her at all.

2. Manja

Thank you Alicat and Mol,agree with you 100%.And Lee Ann I do get you,but do not agree on your opinion on JM.Alicat and Mol made the point I wanted,but did’t express it as good as they did.Thank you Alicat and Mol

11. Sharon

I think most of Julianne’s problems stem from the fact that she doesn’t know how to ask for a dress that fits. This one is way too big for her — the sleeves are too long, the bodice is baggy and the shoulders don’t look nearly as crisp as the runway version. The shoes are nice but they just don’t belong here. She’s such a gorgeous woman. She should look better in her clothes.

12. karen

It pains me to see this picture of Julianne because I think she’s beautiful but this dress does absolutely nothing for her. Who cares if she’s edgy or not, age appropriate or not. Bottom line is if the dress looks good on you or not. And in this case, I don’t think the dress looks good on her at all . All I see is dress and shoes wearing her instead of her wearing the dress. Plain and simple.