04.11.10

Cover Wars: Emma Watson for Vogue UK & Marie Claire US

We don’t see Emma Watson for a while then she comes back with a bang on two covers for December 2010.

Mario Testino shot her Vogue UK cover whilst Tesh shot her Marie Claire US cover.

She wears white on both covers and it even looks like she’s wearing the same feathered skirt.

The make-up is also very similar, but her hair is slicked back on the Vogue cover.

I find myself naturally focusing on the Vogue UK cover. This is because both her smile and pose feel more natural.

Want to see more Emma’s full editorials before you make a decision?

Check out Vogue UK and Marie Claire US.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Moss For Topshop Final Collection

Kate Moss For Topshop Final Collection

In Christian Siriano's Closet - Celine Cabas Tote

In Christian Siriano’s Closet – Celine Cabas Tote

20 Responses to Cover Wars: Emma Watson for Vogue UK & Marie Claire US

1. robbie November 4, 2010 at 11:14 #

vogue UK gets my vote, she looks so pretty on that cover. marie claire pose looks a little awkward.

2. nat November 4, 2010 at 11:14 #

I love third picture in Vogue!

3. Hermione Weasley November 4, 2010 at 11:16 #

At first glance, I prefer the MC editorial. The colors are amazing and Emma looks really pretty, but the poses are really awkward in most of the shots :/ The Vogue editorial is waaay more “artistic”. The pictures are great, and Emma looks more at ease. Too much white though :P The Vogue cover is better though.

4. Marvel November 4, 2010 at 11:16 #

I prefer her Vogue cover shot but prefer her Marie Claire editorial.

• maria November 4, 2010 at 15:07 #

same here.

I love the big bow around her neck on the Vogue cover.

5. lara November 4, 2010 at 13:03 #

i don’t like both covers…
    i don’t know but i just don’t get her appeal

• michelle November 4, 2010 at 18:38 #

me either. but i like the fact that she is in higher education

• Hannah November 4, 2010 at 19:40 #

I agree, sh eis really annoying, and I just don’t see why fashion people like her, I do not get her style (except when she is wearing a chanel dress, but that is hard to screw up). Oh and she masacred that lanivn for me.
      As well as Vogue (who never seem to put any fashion-relevant people on the cover anymore).
      My heart is broken (about the Lanvin).

6. Lee Ann November 4, 2010 at 14:24 #

I loathe UK vogue compare it to the US version which featured Anne Hathaway. I am going to start a campaign to get them to hire a decent editor. This issue in particular looked like a low rent catalogue. Rant over.

7. mm November 4, 2010 at 14:33 #

The profile shot in Vogue is so beautiful. That made my decision easy. Vougue wins. Great job with both editorials.

8. ruth November 4, 2010 at 15:29 #

she looks like twiggy.

9. Giuseppi November 4, 2010 at 16:32 #

oh, I love Emma-for some reason she makes me think of Grace Kelly. I was actually hoping you’d mention her two cover shoots… between them, I think the vogue cover is better.

10. Annabelle November 4, 2010 at 19:57 #

Can you post what designer pieces she’s wearing in both magazines? :) Emma looks so gorgeous in all the shots!!

11. Mima November 4, 2010 at 21:08 #

i really hate her hair, loved it when it was long :( just does not look natural on her. i have tried to like it but really can’t.

• Liz November 5, 2010 at 21:33 #

It actually fits her very well. I think it’s just taking some people longer to get used to it, because we’ve seen her with long hair her basically her whole life.
      I’ve gotten used to it now and I think she looks absolutely LOVELY. The pixie works really for her and adds to her Old Hollywood, classic beauty.

12. Ayesha November 5, 2010 at 11:31 #

it’s difficult to hate Emma,she’s so elegant, ilke the vogue UK cover as the pose in other one is sort of awkward.

13. Liz November 5, 2010 at 21:21 #

I love both covers! Emma looks stunning!!! I think I prefer the Vogue editorial, because it’s so classic and natural! Emma looks stunning!!

The Marie Claire cover and ed are lovely, but I’m not fond of some of the items the put her in. I do however love the shot of her with her hand on her eye and the one where she’s sitting in the chair! Lovely!!

14. Maxie November 9, 2010 at 17:35 #

Actually, i think you’ll find there are plenty of people who find it very, very easy to hate Emma. She’s just so unbelievably boring and personality-free in everything she does. Oh, and she can’t act, which doesn’t help. Er, yes, obviously she’s been styled to look like Twiggy/ Mia Farrow. Her “look at my new hair!” picture was basically a copy of a very famous photograph of Mia Farrow, down to the same make-up and pose. Sooo original, I don’t think.

The covers? So boring I can’t be bothered to formulate an opinion.

• Lily January 28, 2011 at 03:05 #

It’s easy to hate her. But it’s easier to love her.
      Come on, boring? she’s the highest earning girl in Hollywood. I rest my case.

15. Lily January 28, 2011 at 02:59 #

Am I the only one who likes the Marie Claire US better? I don’t know. I like her makeup and hair better than the Vogue cover. Also, I like the outfit on Marie Claire better. But you gotta admit, Emma is a beautiful beautiful girl. It doesn’t matter whether she wants to be Mia Farrow or Twiggy. She’s just as beautiful as them. And she’s smart, classy and fabulous. LOVE HER!