Karen Elson In Marc Jacobs – WWD @ 100 Anniversary Gala

Model Karen Elson is the 3rd gorgeous red head I’m featuring on my blog today following Julianne Moore and Nicola Roberts.

The one thing all these ladies have in common is that they’re not afraid of wearing bright colours. In fact their moto seems to be ‘the brighter the better’.

Karen attended the WWD @ 100 Anniversary Gala in New York City last night wearing a stunning fire engine red Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 dress.

The runway purple would have been amazing on her, but the red is even more electric.

Her satin dress with a draped detail from the bust was accented with velvet red sash to the waist.

The dress is amazing, but the accessories really make this a BDOTW worthy look.

She teamed her dress with Marc Jacobs’ red feathered heels and a Marc Jacobs Black Orchid Pave “The Orchid” clutch in brown on the red with gold hardware.

This is one of my favourite looks so far this week.

You know how I love a lot of colour :)

Credit: Style.com & PiccApp/Zuma Press

Ashlee Simpson In Vintage Chanel From Decades - Decades Denim Launch Party

Ashlee Simpson In Vintage Chanel From Decades – Decades Denim Launch Party

Kate Moss For Topshop Final Collection

Kate Moss For Topshop Final Collection

34 Responses to Karen Elson In Marc Jacobs – WWD @ 100 Anniversary Gala

1. Ethne Blist November 3, 2010 at 20:32 #

She usually goes gothy (well she did) and nowadays her style is folksy mixed with husband Jack White’s bluesyness. So I am surprised she’d wear Marc Jacobs, even though she loves him. I love this look.

2. dee November 3, 2010 at 20:35 #

I think I would have liked to see her in the purple instead but I do like it. The shoes and bag really make the outfit come together. Her hair is really pretty too.

• Lara November 4, 2010 at 12:51 #

I can’t look at her hair without remembering Christina Hendricks saying that she stole the colour from her!

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2010 at 12:52 #

You’re kidding.

• Lee Ann November 4, 2010 at 14:28 #

There was an article in a Harpers Bazaar US about when She modelled in Paris and a young girl asked her about her colour so Christina gave her the manufacturer details-turns out it was Karen

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2010 at 14:47 #

that’s really interesting. thank you. I’m going to look up that interview now

• Lara November 4, 2010 at 17:46 #

Did you find it FC? If only you could do a “Who Wore Her Hair Best”!!!

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2010 at 18:24 #

Yes. It’s really an interesting story. But why carry that bitterness for so long?

3. Lee Ann November 3, 2010 at 20:52 #

I think I’ve o’d on red just looking at this picture. Would have much preferred the purple

4. Rebecca November 3, 2010 at 21:09 #

I don’t like the clutch, but I am with you on everything else. and, look! A satin gown that isn’t wrinkled.

5. kimi November 3, 2010 at 21:11 #

Agreed with what Rebecca said, I don’t like the clutch, I could do without it but everything else is so color to die for. I love the shoes! So simple but so different.

6. mochababe73 November 3, 2010 at 21:19 #

My first thought is that I didn’t like the dress. That was until I saw the purple runway version. I like it better. The red looks cheap.

• Emma November 4, 2010 at 07:52 #

Agreed – looks cheap. This is a tacky look – I hate the color, the length, the fabric, those awful shoes… plus her awkward stance and bad hair. Surprised that BDOTW was mentioned in this post in a serious manner.

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2010 at 08:34 #

Emma, just because you hate something I think it unfair to assume everyone else will.

One womans trash is another womans treasure.

• Emaa November 4, 2010 at 22:23 #

I didn’t say it shouldn’t be, nor did I say you were wrong to include it. It’s YOUR blog, and you’re great at what you do. I just said I was surprised to see BDOTW mentioned. Don’t get offended simply because someone doesn’t share your taste. :)

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2010 at 23:39 #

Honesty Im not offended at all :)

7. mol November 3, 2010 at 21:24 #

I agree 100% with your comments F.C. – Karen has long been a favorite of mine, I used to cut out every photo shoot and ad campaign she appeared in……she looks outstanding here and I am really looking forward to seeing her on this week’s BDOTW!

8. Hisadora November 3, 2010 at 22:41 #

I’m not a fan of this color of hair because it could have been strange for her to wear vibrant colors clothes but I love her hair and the way she styled it. God the dress is just amazing and the heels, they are simply awesome, I love that she kept this look very confidence and colorful.

9. lukie November 3, 2010 at 23:47 #

So excited to see her looking so great; I have always adored Karen as both a model and a singer. When I first saw this dress I thought it was Lanvin (mostly because it reminds me of a Lanvin dress Eva Mendes wore recently). I think she could of rocked either color. Definitely a BDOTW contender!

10. LizLemooooon November 4, 2010 at 00:20 #

I would have preferred to see her in the plum colour but good on her for taking a risk with colour! It shouldn’t work but because she’s confident and werqing the hell out of that outfit it does.

11. Hannah November 4, 2010 at 00:22 #

I don’t like the fit on her, I don’t like the colour on her, I dont like the rebellious hairs in her fringe, I dont like the lack of an asymetrical sleeve, I don’t like th elength on her, I do however, love her clutch.

12. Marvel November 4, 2010 at 00:38 #

This really is a great look but im not too fond of the WHOLE red look

13. Deb November 4, 2010 at 00:51 #

Love it! I really like Marc Jacobs. This clutch is so beautiful :) kisses

14. KateS November 4, 2010 at 00:55 #

It’s not working for me – I think it’s all the matchy-matchy and the lazy hair. Plus I like the dress much more in purple.

15. fashion-mommy November 4, 2010 at 00:56 #

Karen is stunning, and that red dress with that red hair – wow!

16. karen November 4, 2010 at 01:12 #

There is just too much red everywhere from head to toe.

17. CreoleLady November 4, 2010 at 01:28 #

Drooling over shoes, the whole look is smashing and amazed at the combo of brown/red for the clutch. Not a typical combo but it really works for me. BDOTW is starting to get tough again this week….

18. Ev November 4, 2010 at 02:42 #

I dont feel that I like that. This dress on her has that really awkward length which it doesnt have on the runway. Interesting choice of shoes and clutch though.

19. bri01 November 4, 2010 at 05:39 #

I think she looks great BDOTW worthy.

And I have a question for everyone. I live in the U.S. and I think ASOS has VERY nice clothing but I’ve read reviews and almost every review I’ve read from people who live in the U.S. is horrible there’s more bad reviews than good, I’ve read either they don’t send the right clothes, sizes, or they don’t send the clothing at all. But what’s weird is that the people from the U,K, have great experiences with them and I know they have stores there. Has anyone ever had any problems with them? And one more questionable thing is that they don’t even have a phone number on their site which is one thing I always look for when shopping online. And I don’t want to disrupt anything, but I ask this question at this website because you (FC) mention ASOS alot. Anyone answers would be appreciated because I really want to buy from there but…

20. Alicat November 4, 2010 at 06:36 #

As a redhead myself, I always believed that I should not wear bright colours, particularly reds and oranges. Seeing the gorgeous redheads on this blog has inspired me to take a risk and I bought my very first red dress EVER recently – admittedly not all red, but it has red in it.

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2010 at 08:36 #

I glad they have inspired you. I would’ve assumed like you if you have red hair you should be so bold with colour.

21. Ayesha November 4, 2010 at 09:00 #

it’s daring but totally pays off,i couldn’t have imagined if i read the description of the look that it will SO good,all red on a red head looks stunning!

22. happydaiz November 4, 2010 at 09:18 #

Nice but length is a bit awkward. Looks shorter on the model and I prefer it that way.

23. Shawna November 4, 2010 at 22:12 #

I love the hair and the accessories but something about the dress seems a bit sloppy and the length is awkward. She’s stunning but this isn’t her best look :(