Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – WWD CEO Summit And Keynote Dinner

Salma Hayek attended WWD’s CEO Summit And Keynote Dinner with her husband François-Henri Pinault in New York City last night.

The actress is trying her best to claim the ‘brand ambassador’ title from Anna Paquin, but so far she hasn’t been fairing too well.

Despite the fact that you guys have said that you don’t think Alexander McQueen’s designs suit Salma body type, she’s still wearing McQueen for every occasion.

For the first time I like her in this McQueen Resort 2011 ensemble.

Her regal Alexander McQueen top with striking gold embroidered shoulder details is exquisite.

The twins aren’t the focus for a refreshing change despite the deep plunge on her top.

My only issue are the pants, as I’m not a fan of pants being so long that you can’t see your shoes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Natalia Vodianova In Balmain - Harper's Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards

Natalia Vodianova In Balmain – Harper’s Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards

24 Responses to Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – WWD CEO Summit And Keynote Dinner

1. Hannah November 2, 2010 at 18:20 #

I like it I don’t love it. She looks nicer, but I just cannot see her desperation to be u.o. brand ambassador, when she looks much better in other things.

2. Yaas November 2, 2010 at 18:22 #

Everything here works for me and I like the length of the pants on her. Two thumbs up!

3. Laura November 2, 2010 at 18:31 #

I had a hard time pinpointing what I don’t like, but I think it’s the pant color. A different color would’ve been a nice contrast for the look.

4. Lara November 2, 2010 at 18:43 #

Geez, thank you FC… I just CAN’T get on board with pants so long they make you look like your feet are buried under the floor below you. Other than that, I do like the look.

• Fashion Critic November 2, 2010 at 18:49 #

it’s one of my many bug-bears

• Alicat November 3, 2010 at 13:15 #

I have often seen it written that wearing wide-leg pants like this is supposed to be leg-lengthening. I like a little bit of shoe showing or I think it actually has the opposite effect.

I still don’t like her in McQueen.

5. Elise November 2, 2010 at 18:54 #

She looks gorgeous, this top is so beautiful!

6. karen November 2, 2010 at 18:56 #

I rarely see Salma in anything that compliments her. She has access to the very best designers & clothes and yet she never looks good. I just don’t get it.

7. dee November 2, 2010 at 19:12 #

This is very middle of the road for me. It’s not terrible but it’s not fabulous either. She can do better. She looked her best this year when she was at Cannes rocking the Gucci couture gowns.

8. Lee Ann November 2, 2010 at 19:18 #

Trouble is she is so short that she needs all the help she can get which means trousers that cover shoes in order to give the appearance of leg length

• mol November 2, 2010 at 20:07 #

Exactly.

9. mochababe73 November 2, 2010 at 19:20 #

She’s going to wear the clothes since her husband heads up LVMH. Unfortunately, with all of that access, I don’t know why one of the tailors do not make sure that the clothes fit and make the garments look good.
    With the exception of the pants being too long, she looks nice. I am glad that they are not puddling on the floor like the ones Janet Jackson wore last week.

• Fashion Critic November 2, 2010 at 19:23 #

It’s the Gucci group :)

10. Sharon November 2, 2010 at 20:51 #

I like the way she looks in this outfit. Even though we can’t see her shoes, the trousers do make her legs look longer. And I’d bet that when she walks or sits down and crosses her legs, the shoes will show.

11. Hisadora November 2, 2010 at 21:31 #

I loved the top, it is REALLY exquisite, and she looks gorgeous as usual but I would have liked this even more had the pants been way shorter.

12. wilwarin November 2, 2010 at 21:55 #

salma pleas stop wearing AMQ…

13. Lara November 2, 2010 at 22:27 #

I quite like Salma, but DNW her as unofficial McQueen ambassador, which she’s became because of her husband. Gucci Premiere suits her much better.
    And Cate Blanchett needs return her reign. Hope to see her more often soon

14. fashion-mommy November 2, 2010 at 23:02 #

Would.ve loved the top so much better with a nipped in pencil skirt, these trousers look way to tight for me – a bit matador, but I think thats the point.

15. Marvel November 2, 2010 at 23:59 #

I really like the pants with the look.

A great look for her

16. gossip_bangkok November 3, 2010 at 01:38 #

I love the dress on the model.. however, on Salma, not so much.

17. nicky November 3, 2010 at 09:17 #

this looks work o salma…had she worn the dress version, i dont think it wouldve looked as good. she’s dressed appropiately, its body flattering ad i really like the gold detailing on th shoulders. would still love for someone to wear the dress version though!

18. Emi November 3, 2010 at 10:13 #

I totally agree with you, FC.

19. Ayesha November 3, 2010 at 15:18 #

she might be married to the CEO of PPR but honestly ,why does she ALWAYS have to wear clothes from brands that are a part of it,she doesn’t have to i guess,it’s getting kind of monotonous,boring and predictable,and i totally agree with you ,McQueen designs do not suit her body type,though this look isn’t all that bad it’s boring,i wish she’s give us something new.