Natalia Vodianova In Balmain – Harper’s Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards

Harper’s Bazaar UK’s December 2010 cover girl Natalia Vodianova was the guest of honour at the Harper’s Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards in London last night.

The Russian model wears a gold Balmain dress on the cover and she also wore a gold dress to the party.

I love how she dials down the sexy in her Balmain Fall 2010 dress by having shorter thigh-high split and the plunge isn’t as deep, yet she still looks as good as the model.

She accessorized her look with a gold necklace, a gold clutch and black peep-toes.

Like someone else said yesterday about Kerry Washington, I guess she wanted her dress to be the main focus, hence the tame heels with a fabulous dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen - WWD CEO Summit And Keynote Dinner

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – WWD CEO Summit And Keynote Dinner

The Show: LANVIN for H&M

The Show: LANVIN for H&M

26 Responses to Natalia Vodianova In Balmain – Harper’s Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards

1. Moxie November 2, 2010 at 19:12 #

I prefer it on the model. The necklace isn’t need and the shoes do nothing. Her hair just blends into the dress.

• sonia November 2, 2010 at 20:21 #

agree!. “to much dress” for Natalia in this ocasion!

• Amelia November 2, 2010 at 20:24 #

I think she looks great, but I agree with you about the necklace, it was totally unnecessary

2. Raskolnikowskaja. November 2, 2010 at 19:15 #

Love it!
    She chose the perfect accessoires for this dress.

3. Gorgeous Spice November 2, 2010 at 19:24 #

I like her style. It may not work for everybody else bit it works for her. She looks amazing

4. Hannah November 2, 2010 at 19:31 #

She looksincredible. Unpredicatable, chic, sexy and modern, whilst still being appropriate.The slit isn’t as high as well as the neckline beign higher, I think this works better for natalia and how she wanted to look in it. I love the photos I have seen of her dancing! BDOTW.

5. shap_half November 2, 2010 at 19:56 #

She looks outstanding! The whole thing just works! I’m glad she’s not wearing a belt, and I love that necklace. A+!

6. Gemma November 2, 2010 at 19:56 #

did you see in other photographs that she didnt shave her legs? Im not sure how I feel about that! yuck mostly…

7. mol November 2, 2010 at 20:12 #

The whole proportions of this gown are wrecked by the modifications – I like the deep plunge and the high slit, they echo each other and really give the gown an electric, dynamic feel. She looks event appropriate and beautiful but I don’t like it at all.

8. Sharon November 2, 2010 at 20:47 #

Her modifications are good, but I wish she’d left the necklace at home and worn the runway belt.

9. mochababe73 November 2, 2010 at 21:12 #

I LOVE that dress. For some reason, I thought that someone else wore it.
    The dress is so spectcularly shiny that it didn’t need the necklace. The belt, however, was.

10. mikeijames November 2, 2010 at 21:30 #

she looks so radiant!!!! is it just me or does she recall something so twenties and fabulous here?!?!!

11. Ethne Blist November 2, 2010 at 21:34 #

I say she looks fabulous- losing the belt was a big decision, so she made sure it was tailored correctly. Adding accessories is such a Natalia thing to do, so I say leave the necklace alone. The black pumps are merely to draw our eyes to the dress.

12. mimi November 2, 2010 at 21:34 #

the necklace is too much for this dress. the dress does all the talking already, the necklace ruins the look for me

13. shoeaholic November 2, 2010 at 22:35 #

I love all the modifications she made, especially that she got rid of the belt! I don’t mind the necklace either, she looks absolutely fabulous! BDOTW for me!

14. fashion-mommy November 2, 2010 at 22:55 #

She looks stunning, but like a lot of other commentators, I prefer the catwalk version.

15. bas November 2, 2010 at 23:41 #

beautiful! but i agree that the necklace is a bit too much, and she could have chosen better heels.

16. Laura November 2, 2010 at 23:55 #

Three things are bothering me about this look: the heels, her hair, and the necklace. Black heels are so blah. The hair adds too much yellow into the picture. It would’ve been better pulled back. And the necklace is too much for what’s already going on in the look.

Still it is glamorous and I love that dress. And I’m glad for once someone shortened the cleavage and leg showing instead of the other way around.

17. Marvel November 2, 2010 at 23:59 #

I really like her necklace with the dress. Not a fan of the dress though

18. Bella November 3, 2010 at 01:17 #

Fabulous dress, I love it! I can do with the shoes, with or without the belt is fine for me but no to the necklace. I agree about the hair blending into the dress.
    Cameron Diaz also wore this dress for Harper’s Bazaar recently, loved it more on her!

19. karen November 3, 2010 at 02:14 #

I have always loved this dress. Not sure about the necklace but the dress is so gorgeous I almost forgot there is a necklace.

20. nicky November 3, 2010 at 09:14 #

stunning. okay so her hair colour might blend in with the gold dress but she wears this dress with class and sophisticaton. natalia is always unpredictable, makes everything work and is so stylish!

21. Emi November 3, 2010 at 10:11 #

The dress is beautiful, very 80’s, it would be perfect for a remake of “Dinasty”. I don’t like the hair and the shoes, the necklace is useless. Nothing particularly excting.

22. Sophia November 3, 2010 at 11:28 #

I love this dress so much but I prefer it with the belt. Sorry for saying this but I’d kill for this belt and that’s probably because I’m huge fan of waist belts. I’m totally okay with the necklace and I think the shoes are a pretty nice choice.

23. The Clothes Whisperer November 3, 2010 at 11:33 #

Wowza!!!! HOTNESS! I don’t hate the necklace, in fact, wish she’d opted for something even chunkier!!

xx

24. Ayesha November 3, 2010 at 15:12 #

i like it,i might have looked hideous on some but she totally rocks it,she looks great in everything!