X Factor: Rihanna In William Tempest

Rihanna performed live on the X Factor on Sunday evening.

The singer wowed audiences with a rendition of her latest single “Only Girl (In The World).”

Mid way through her performance her dancers started a food fight by throwing cakes around the “Alice In Wonderland” set.

The ‘mad hatter’ wore a William Tempest Spring 2011 dress.

You may remember that I picked this dress as one of my top 10 looks from New York Fashion Week.

Florals accents adorned her head and her white and nude devore dress with a sculptural skirt.

This was always going to be a performance dress rather than a red carpet dress, as I can’t see how any star would be able to sit in this beautiful dress.

I would’ve loved the look even more had it not been for those biker boots, but Rihanna does rock this look really well.

Credit: Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

X Factor: Sunday Week 4 - Cheryl Cole In Ina Soltani

X Factor: Sunday Week 4 – Cheryl Cole In Ina Soltani

Who Wore Who Wore Ina Soltani Better? Lucy Liu or Cheryl Cole

Who Wore Who Wore Ina Soltani Better? Lucy Liu or Cheryl Cole

17 Responses to X Factor: Rihanna In William Tempest

1. Sophia November 1, 2010 at 10:22 #

Wow, this dress is absolutely stunning! She looked fabulous. I loved her performance! ^_^

2. Pablo November 1, 2010 at 10:53 #

Well yeah, I know her looks are sometimes a little “too much” but I just love her, what else can I say! :) Her performance was fierce!

• Rebecca November 1, 2010 at 14:15 #

Ditto–and she has gorgeous legs!

3. Kaz November 1, 2010 at 11:42 #

Love everything about this – the vocal, performance, attitude, ensemble and the fact RiRi isn’t stick thin!

FC, do you think we could consider a best performance outfits of the week/year? This would surely be up there!

• Fashion Critic November 1, 2010 at 12:09 #

i wouldn’t. I didn’t like the boots

4. Fee November 1, 2010 at 12:15 #

Sorry but I thought it looked like Rihanna was wearing a nappy under the dress. Seeing it on the model, the underskirt makes much more sense

5. robbie November 1, 2010 at 12:32 #

this is very unflattering.

6. Jennifer November 1, 2010 at 12:33 #

Maybe this comes from being in choir and having an ear that picks out incorrect pitch… but… she goes off key and it really bugs me.

And the boots killed me loving this look. Sad, but true.

7. Gretta November 1, 2010 at 12:52 #

What’s with the floral accents on the bust?? It really didnt need them. Have to laugh at the nappy comment above!

8. dee November 1, 2010 at 14:11 #

I like this.

9. Mario November 1, 2010 at 14:31 #

I’m not very keen on Rihanna’s singing, (or dare I say, not singing), since she really goes off key most of the times and her falsetto is just tragic.
    But despite that, Rihanna is a put-on-a-show girl that really rocks the stage. And I usually love her outfits as well (Ahh, Umbrella times..). This is no exception, although I do dislike the boots a lot. What’s with her obsession with ugly black boots paired with white dresses? It looks anything but good.

10. LUCY GOOSY November 1, 2010 at 15:08 #

Love the look, love the hair, love the makeup…..thank you RCFA for the video performance of her on the X-factor show….I live in Canada and to see this video was a treat. As for the boots well….she had to jump on the table to perform and soon there would be a food fight….had she worn high heel pumps she might have fallen. As for the pitch….well at least you know it’s live. RiRi had a busy weekend. SNL on Saturday and the X-factor on Sunday.

• Fashion Critic November 1, 2010 at 15:25 #

She must be dead on her feet. I didn’t realise she flew in especially for that performance

11. Hannah November 1, 2010 at 17:04 #

As soon as I saw this I thought of the NY top ten! I am hatin gRihanna’s new fascination with biker boots (MTV VMA’s aswell :( ) but I loved the dress. I didn’t really like the flowers, and The underskirt looked mroe like bloomers, but otehr than that she looked really good and gave a great performance. I really do wish just to see rihanna in just a dress, without crazy hair/makeup/boots/other. She would look stunning.

12. karen November 1, 2010 at 19:54 #

Rihanna looks really cool and chic which is good, appropriate for her age. I thought she looked adorable. Why not? She’s young and now is the time for her to dress like she’s having fun.

13. mochababe73 November 2, 2010 at 01:40 #

I am not a fan of Rihanna’s music or her style. However, as a performance outfit, I liked it. Unfortunately, she should have worn better shoes and the white underskirt.

14. Marvel November 2, 2010 at 14:44 #

I recognised this dress when she was performing her song. A nice enough dress but I hate the boots