Sienna Miller in Stella McCartney – UNESCO Charity Gala

This weekend Sienna Miller attended the UNESCO Charity Gala in Dusseldorf, Germany, where she was honoured with the ‘Commitment To Charity’ Award for her work with International Medical Corps in the Democratic Republic of The Congo and Haiti.

She wore a dusty pink Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2010 lace and silk gown.

This may shock a lot of you, but I prefer the gown in black as the pink washes out Sienna despite adding a darker lip shade to prevent this.

I do however appreciate the vintage elegance of the pink version.

Sienna added a diamond statement necklace and wore her hair in a bun to complete her look.

Which do you prefer the black or the dusty pink?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kerry Washington In Hervé Léger by Max Azria - BET's "106 & Park"

Kerry Washington In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – BET’s “106 & Park”

Demi Moore In Victoria Beckham - PlusCity Charity Gala

Demi Moore In Victoria Beckham – PlusCity Charity Gala

40 Responses to Sienna Miller in Stella McCartney – UNESCO Charity Gala

1. Claire November 1, 2010 at 13:52 #

I think that the black would have looked a little bit more sexy and sophisticated…the pink is beautiful, but looks a tad bridal!

2. Ev November 1, 2010 at 13:52 #

Her makeup and hair together are too harsh for such a delicate dress (which I still prefer in black).

• Marvel November 2, 2010 at 14:42 #

My thoughts exactly. I would have loved to have seen her in the Black but I suppose we’ve seen it black a few times, she wanted to try something new.

3. ber November 1, 2010 at 13:53 #

Had the pink version been worn by Helen Mirren, I would have loved it. Although it has a plunging neckline, it looks very matronly.

4. dee November 1, 2010 at 14:14 #

She should have went for the black. I agree the pink washes her out. It’s a pretty gown though.

5. cindy November 1, 2010 at 14:25 #

I’m sorry but I really dislike her look here. The make-up is horrible, what’s with the dark blush?? Looks like she robbed my granny’s make up box!
    I would’ve preferred the black version of the gown. Maybe the black would’ve worked with the make-up and short marcelle waves or a clean updo.
    But it’s too OTT for the sweet dusty pink gown.

• Leslie November 1, 2010 at 15:13 #

I agree ! It would have been so sexy in black but in pink yuk no. It’s not flattering. And she shouldn’t have add the necklace.
      For me this is a complete disaster.

6. Jo November 1, 2010 at 14:29 #

Definitely the black for me. Also I don’t like the creases.

7. Rebecca November 1, 2010 at 14:34 #

The dress is better in black, but would have been all wrong for the occasion. Don’t think you want to be sexy when you are being honored by the UN. Looks like she was trying to have it both ways–better to wear something that covered more in a better color for her.

• anna November 1, 2010 at 15:07 #

agreed!
      this dress is so beautiful! i also prefer the black version of it!
      but i also think it’s not the most apropriated dress for the ocasion!

8. Rebecca November 1, 2010 at 14:35 #

Don’t like what it does across her abdomen either.

• worried November 2, 2010 at 02:59 #

I agree, she looks pregnant.
      Not a good look, her hair is always terrible, just watch The September Issue for remarks on her terrible do.

9. fashion-mommy November 1, 2010 at 14:37 #

Sienna looks really old inthis outfit. The make up is totally overdone. Barbara Cartland crossed with Joan Rivers.

10. nicky November 1, 2010 at 14:38 #

dont see this kind of look from sienna very often so i do appreciate a mix up! but i dont really like it. the black lace is more interesting and fits her personality more. the styling is a bit off for this loook

11. Rachel November 1, 2010 at 14:38 #

I prefer the black one, too.

12. Ellie November 1, 2010 at 14:58 #

I don’t like anything in this look!! The dress’ colour, the fabric, the make up (the mouth itself) and the hair, she looks old, not at all like Sienna. Big disappointement

13. REEZY November 1, 2010 at 14:58 #

Cash, Credit, Cheque:

Mango opted to be inspired by Stella for their collection:

;)

Black is better btw. the dark has more of an umph.. hihi

• Fashion Critic November 1, 2010 at 15:26 #

:D

It’s been a while since I did one of those. Thanks x

14. Naff November 1, 2010 at 15:00 #

I prefer the pink one on her. If this color washes her out i think she still looks beautiful anyway and sophisticated for this event. It’s fine, i dont want to change anything.

15. Naomi November 1, 2010 at 15:29 #

I really wish the bottom of the dress was a darker shade of pink. I think the dress would’ve looked a lot better that way.

16. sonia November 1, 2010 at 15:47 #

black of course!!!! it seems a completely different look!!

17. Alexandra November 1, 2010 at 17:14 #

not liking at all. it looks so awkward on her.

18. Laura November 1, 2010 at 17:30 #

I don’t like the change in color. It makes it look like a top and skirt rather than a dress. Just Jared even thought that this look was separates. My bigger issue is with hair, make-up, and facial expressions. Before I read the title, I could’ve sworn the picture was of Rachel Zoe.

19. DC November 1, 2010 at 18:04 #

back in black please sienna…and the hair isnt helping either…

20. The Dame November 1, 2010 at 18:09 #

BOOORING! The kind of thing Id expect to see Helen Mirren in, not Sienna.

21. karen November 1, 2010 at 18:39 #

I like the dusty pink color on this dress more than black BUT not on her! Completely washes her out. I’m sure the pink dress would have looked great on someone a little tanner.

22. Tamia November 1, 2010 at 19:00 #

Oh dear, she looks like miss piggy here!

• KateS November 3, 2010 at 02:07 #

LOL! now you’ve pointed out the resemblance, I can’t un-see it!

23. mochababe73 November 1, 2010 at 21:37 #

It doesn’t matter which one she wears, I don’t think that this is the right dress for her. It doesn’t even fit well. The hair and make-up are horrible.
    She should have just worn something different.

24. Lou November 1, 2010 at 23:08 #

Prefer the black as it washes her out and don’t like the blue necklace – shame

25. Gemma November 1, 2010 at 23:30 #

I think she looks bootiful! and her hair looks so pretty up, much tidier than the usual lank locks

26. Alicat November 1, 2010 at 23:32 #

The black is so much better they look like two different gowns. The pink is very washed out looking. Sienna Miller can look stunning, but not in this. As for the makeup, it’s verging on clownlike. The set of her mouth in the photo is unfortunate.

27. Fiona November 1, 2010 at 23:47 #

The pink is so pale it is ghostly, and the satin is so creased again, another Stella McCartney crease-fest satin gown, these dresses are not made to be worn in a car on the way to an event, it ruins the look.

28. dena walsh November 2, 2010 at 01:42 #

I don’t like the dress in pink. She looks old. The black dress would have been more elegant and sexy. I don’t like her makeup. This is really bad choice for Sienna. She usually dresses pretty nice.

29. Ayesha November 2, 2010 at 06:18 #

black….definitely black!
    i didn’t even imagine that such a gorgeous dress could’ve looked THIS bad.

30. Raskolnikowskaja. November 2, 2010 at 07:58 #

I prefer the black dress

31. Emi November 2, 2010 at 09:29 #

Since black is my favourite color, even if I admit that sometimes it doesn’t work on red carpets, i definitely prefer the black version of the dress, which I love. The dusty pink looks a bit old and it’s not right for her complexion, I think it would look much better on a brunette. I don’t like this look, anyway, old hairstyle, bad make-up, useless necklace. To me, she looks good if she’s understated, she’s not known as the queen of boho-chic for nothing.

32. Katie November 2, 2010 at 16:39 #

I prefer the black dress, the dusty pink colour washes Sienna out

33. Haya Zidan November 4, 2010 at 00:02 #