Kerry Washington In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – BET’s “106 & Park”

Following last weeks “For Colored Girls” New York Premiere Kerry Washington has been making the rounds promoting her new movie.

She looked stunning as always on BET’s “106 & Park” last week.

I loved her futuristic Hervé Léger by Max Azria Fall 2010 dress.

The embellishments, sheer mesh panels and ruffled hips give the dress plenty of texture and shape, but once again a Hollywood starlet lets me down with the heels.

Her look makes me think she left her 9to 5 office job, got changed in a cab to the studio, but forgot to change her heels.

She gets a 9 for the dress, 4 for her hair (should’ve worn it up) and a 2 out of 10 for the heels.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Hyland In Camilla & Marc - 'Modern Family' Sydney Photocall

Sarah Hyland In Camilla & Marc – ‘Modern Family’ Sydney Photocall

X Factor: Saturday Week 5 – Dannii Minogue In Philip Armstrong

X Factor: Saturday Week 5 – Dannii Minogue In Philip Armstrong

18 Responses to Kerry Washington In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – BET’s “106 & Park”

1. Claudia November 1, 2010 at 12:49 #

I love the dress and I like her look in general..
    but I’m tired of the shoes.
    I think that most actresses are afraid of risking.. so they always wear what they consider safe..

• Claudia November 1, 2010 at 12:50 #

I meant that about the shoes.

• Methedrine November 1, 2010 at 12:58 #

totally agree with u!

• michelle November 1, 2010 at 14:09 #

agreed, i think they all have a phobia of showing their feet.

2. Leah November 1, 2010 at 12:54 #

and 0 out of 10 for that pose, awkward arm alert

• Christy November 2, 2010 at 01:31 #

hah – very true, she looks ridiculous. I’m so tired of this standard ‘hands on the hip’ photo pose.

3. nicky November 1, 2010 at 13:05 #

love the dress. i agree about the hair and the shoes! shouldve styled it like the runway model…as in the bright lip and hair not the shoes haha

4. Da'von November 1, 2010 at 13:52 #

I love that dress!! I totally agree about the shoes, however I disagree with you as far as the hair it looks great down, I think if she wore it up she would have looked like she came straight from the office…picture it those shoes and her hair up equals (office attire…NO) different shoes and her hair down equals VERY CUTE

5. dee November 1, 2010 at 14:12 #

I like everything but I agree the shoes could have been more interesting.

6. Rebecca November 1, 2010 at 14:36 #

She would have rocked the runway shoes with this adorable dress

7. Leslie November 1, 2010 at 15:15 #

I think she looks beautiful but you’re right FC she could have done better with other shoes.
    But I LOVE the dress.

8. Chloe November 1, 2010 at 16:51 #

I think you are too harsh on the black heels.
    Yes, they are unimaginative, rather boring, but they definitely do not clash and cause such outrage and disgust as you attribute to them

9. Laura November 1, 2010 at 17:32 #

Like the look because it’s edgy but doesn’t look like she’s trying to be half her age. The hair is fine for me since it’s an interview and not a red carpet appearance. The heels are so blah. If you’re going to pick a dress like that, the shoes better do it justice.

10. mochababe73 November 1, 2010 at 21:44 #

I love the dress on the model. It’s young and edgy.
    Everything that Kerry is not. This dress belongs on someone much younger.

11. Alicat November 1, 2010 at 23:44 #

I love this dress, especially the contrast between the bodice and the skirt. The structuring on the hips gives added shape to the silhouette. She looks great – even considering the shoes. They are safe, but they let the dress shine.

12. Alicat November 1, 2010 at 23:53 #

What about the “lady in red” you can see behind her? On closer inspection, I thought to myself that she had on a devil-inspired cape/hood/horns combo with strange dominatrix-inspired black and red shoe/thighboots. Then I noticed the partly obscured “Hallowe’en” banner.

Sigh of relief….

13. Marvel November 2, 2010 at 14:43 #

She doesnt fit the Herve Leger band as she is so plain and cannot carry off a dress like this.

14. karen November 3, 2010 at 02:22 #

I think she looks great. Dress looks cute on her. Maybe even better than the model.