Leighton Meester In Giambattista Valli – 27th Annual Night Of Stars

Stars are rushing to be the first to snap up the Spring 2011 pieces.

Leighton Meester was the first to wear a Giambattista Valli colour-block dress from the Spring 2011 collection to the 27th Annual Night Of Stars in New York City last night.

I love the draping on her two-tone nude and white dress, but I wish she had worn the runway version as the colours make more of an impact.

I can’t help looking at her vintage Van Cleef & Arpels jewels, especially the necklace.

Leighton accessorized with a Ferragamo clutch and blue Ferragamo pumps.

Nude pumps would’ve been predictable, but they would’ve worked sooo much better in my opinion. Gold would’ve been a good option too.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Debra Messing In Angel Sanchez - 2014 Emmy Awards

Debra Messing In Angel Sanchez – 2014 Emmy Awards

Kate Bosworth In Proenza Schouler - 27th Annual Night Of Stars

Kate Bosworth In Proenza Schouler – 27th Annual Night Of Stars

29 Responses to Leighton Meester In Giambattista Valli – 27th Annual Night Of Stars

1. Rebecca October 29, 2010 at 16:07 #

I agree–keep the orange half of the dress, lose the necklace and the dress cries out for sandals or at least peep toes.

• LUCY GOOSY October 29, 2010 at 21:43 #

I agree with you Rebecca and RCFA….she should have worn the orange color block dress, with nude peep-toe pumps with orange pedicure ….I did some photoshop altering and the necklace looks cool with the orange color block dress.

2. Hermione Weasley October 29, 2010 at 16:09 #

I prefer the runaway version as well. She looks so cute though! And the pumps are actually electric blue (: http://tinyurl.com/237k97l

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2010 at 16:33 #

OK..thank you

• Lisa October 29, 2010 at 16:42 #

How amazing would the electric blue heels be with the orange skirt? Why Leighton? Why?

3. Hannah October 29, 2010 at 16:09 #

I love it. I think this collection (second favourite from spring 2011) was made for Leighton, I agree about the colour, gold or green shoes would have been better, to tie in the accessories, but the pumps don’t kill me too much, as they look blue in the picture. I hope Leighton will continue to wear this collection.

4. Anna October 29, 2010 at 16:09 #

the heels are blue!

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2010 at 16:29 #

ok thanks

5. maria October 29, 2010 at 16:21 #

i actually like the beige skirt. i find the contrast more elegant. It’s a beautiful look and i cannot even hate the black pumps, although i agree that even a chocolate brown shoe would have been better.

• anna October 30, 2010 at 02:43 #

I agree! The color of her dress is more sophisticated.
      i really don’t mind the black pumps!
      her hair is so simple ye so beautiful! love it

6. june October 29, 2010 at 16:23 #

i actually don’t mind the pumps – they work with the clean block colours and they’re kind of unobtrusive. all i notice is how gorgeous leighton is, and how beautiful her jewellery is.

7. Alexandra October 29, 2010 at 16:31 #

she looks so beautiful i can just about forgive the pumps. Dear Lord does she have amazing figure!

8. Emma October 29, 2010 at 16:37 #

Love this look! She looks very cute. Seems like she has stopped trying to set herself apart from Blair’s style

9. Karis October 29, 2010 at 16:39 #

Everything is okay…ish until you hit the feet and it all dies.

10. Ethne Blist October 29, 2010 at 16:41 #

I like this look. It is put together and mature. I love that she wore blue pumps.

11. alex October 29, 2010 at 16:42 #

really don’t like the black pumps with this look, it just doesn’t tie in at all!

also her makeup lokos off somewhat. i can’t put my finger on it.

are you going to do a post on olivia palermo from this event? her shoes were to die for!

12. Claudia October 29, 2010 at 16:43 #

I just don’t think she dresses well. ever.

13. mochababe73 October 29, 2010 at 17:11 #

I like the combination that she’s wearing better than the runway version. The orange is a bit jarring against the nude.
    For the second time, I actually like what she has on. Has she finally gotten some fashion sense?

14. Hisadora October 29, 2010 at 17:14 #

She looks so cute and healthy here. I love the hair, the make up and everything here. I would have liked it much more had she opted for nude pumps but it’s perfect like this:)

15. Laura October 29, 2010 at 17:35 #

I actually like her version more. I think the white is more cohesive with the look than the orange is. The jewelry, hair, and shoe choices were spot-on. I like this look a lot.

16. JJovana3 October 29, 2010 at 18:44 #

I like the orange version better too. I dont mind the shoes. But look at her hair and makeup – STUNNING :)

17. biskich October 29, 2010 at 18:53 #

I love the make up and the bright pink lip. Girl still looks tired, but overall, beautiful.

18. Camille October 29, 2010 at 23:32 #

FC you are so right about the shoes. I just don’t get it. There are more gorgeous shoes than a starlet can shake a stick at and yet they can’t seem to get it right. If not nude then gold, bronze, peach, even green to pick up the green in the necklace would have been fab. Dark blue pumps are only marginally better than black ones in this instance. Other than the shoes, she looks divine.

19. Marvel October 30, 2010 at 00:14 #

I LOVE her hair here and the dress but the shoes are a BIG no!

20. Maggy October 30, 2010 at 09:47 #

I dislike nude pumps as much as you don’t like black pumps, FC, so I actually really like her shoe choice…

21. Lou October 30, 2010 at 11:37 #

I think I prefer Leighton’s dress, but don’t think it compliments her skin tone as well as the runway version would have. Outfit is crying out for strappy sandals though – it’s not a day at the office!!

22. Raskolnikowskaja. October 30, 2010 at 12:35 #

very simple, but pretty :D

23. Shruti October 30, 2010 at 15:35 #

Like Leighton’s version better. The blue shoes look pretty perfect too. Sometimes classic colours work better with unusual styles. It’s a nice, subdued, well accessorised look with the right degree of sophistication for an evening event. Very pretty.

24. karen November 3, 2010 at 02:30 #

I think the dress is cute in both colors. However, this dress does not look good on Leighton. Her accessories are all wrong and the dress does not look good on her body for some reason.