Jennifer Connelly In Balenciaga – 27th Annual Night Of Stars

When I saw the Balenciaga Spring 2011 presentation I was intrigued to see if their brand ambassador Jennifer Connelly would wear any of the looks.

This is because she seems to have skipped both the Fall 2010 collection and the Resort 2011 collection.

Last night at the 27th Annual Night Of Stars event in New York City Jennifer did wear a Balenciaga Spring 2011 dress, but from the looks of it she wasn’t really feeling it.

She arrived wearing an asymmetrical Balenciaga Spring 2011 print dress with a leather grommet panel and a white asymmetrical top as it was presented on the runway.

It looks like she decided to take off the white top halfway down the red carpet to improve her look.

I’m glad someone with sense suggested she remove it. I bet it was Anna Wintour who also attended this event.

She looks much better without the white piece which just goes to prove the point that a lot of you make, which is it’s not always a good idea to be a slave to the runway styling.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Monaghan In Versace - "Due Date" LA Premiere

Michelle Monaghan In Versace – “Due Date” LA Premiere

In Kristen Stewart's Closet - Versace Mini Dress

In Kristen Stewart’s Closet – Versace Mini Dress

19 Responses to Jennifer Connelly In Balenciaga – 27th Annual Night Of Stars

1. Alicat October 29, 2010 at 14:14 #

FC, I had to reread what you wrote and study the photos to work out what was going on here. That white grommet panel “thing” is just hideous. She looks much, much better with it off. The dress is interesting. I like the neckline and the fabric. Perhaps it could be a bit more body-hugging and shorter.

2. Joy October 29, 2010 at 14:16 #

I like the second look very much. The first is just horrid and bizarro. So glad she didn’t wear those runway shoes too!

3. bas October 29, 2010 at 14:41 #

i love those heels!!

4. Hannah October 29, 2010 at 14:46 #

I reall ylik eit. I tihnk it is rare to get such boldlooks, and Jeniifer looks really beautiful and comfortable ot me here. I dono tparticularly like the white top wiht th elook either though I am more thankful she changed her shoes from the runway.

5. Lara October 29, 2010 at 14:59 #

Heta this collection, but Jennifer looks good here

6. Amanda October 29, 2010 at 15:11 #

This woman is impossibly beautiful.

Much much better without the white thing over ir.

7. mochababe73 October 29, 2010 at 15:14 #

I love the second look. The white “thing” just looked like it was type of paper origami project gone horribly wrong.
    After the removal, it was perfectly edgy and feminine. The shoes took it to the next level. My only dislike is the choker.

8. Ethne Blist October 29, 2010 at 15:45 #

Where are her booties from? I never liked Balcenciaga, because I don’t like anything edgy or modern or futuristic, but Jennifer fits the brand.

9. Gigi October 29, 2010 at 16:03 #

I hate the dress on her. Both renditions. When I look at that gorgeous face I do not see leather and grommets… I imagine something more feminine, a bit sweeter.

10. lia October 29, 2010 at 16:04 #

HORRID, this collection was a mess!!
    Balenciaga is really beginning to become a disappointment, a few seasons back from now actually.

11. dee October 29, 2010 at 17:36 #

I actually think she pulls this off in the second look.

12. Laura October 29, 2010 at 17:39 #

I don’t like either versions of this look. The white is too much in the first one. In the second one, the proportions are off with the black.

13. JJovana3 October 29, 2010 at 18:47 #

I thought last Balenciaga collection was just horrible. I dont like this one bit. Looks like amateur fashion student just sewed different pieces together in a rush to turn in their homework.

14. kimi October 29, 2010 at 21:04 #

The white panel thing did ruined it. It was very boxy, but I would have liked better shoes. I’m so glad she doesn’t do basic pumps that much. But maybe something less clunky/or strappy would have made the overall look more put together.

15. LUCY GOOSY October 29, 2010 at 23:59 #

Love the second look! I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing for Anna Wintour to critique your look?…..She needed a big black leather cuff with some sort of grommet detail on her (looking at the picture) left arm to balance out the dress….too much is going on…..on the right side…..this would make the outfit more in sync.

16. Marvel October 30, 2010 at 00:16 #

I like it without but Im glad to see it with the white as we can see a comparison to it.

17. Lou October 30, 2010 at 11:30 #

I appreciate Jen going for such a bold look but it looks sooo much better without the white pnael… which doesn’t even look good on the runway

18. mikeijames October 30, 2010 at 22:59 #

like coco chanel said: before leaving the house, take just one thing off.

19. Sophia November 1, 2010 at 10:35 #

I think she looked nice with and without the white top because she’s just an amazingly beautiful woman. And those heels are awesome by the way! ^_^