28.10.10

Taylor Swift In Jenny Packham – Waxwork Figure Unveiling At Madame Tussauds

Madame Tussauds in New York City got it right when they dressed Taylor Swift’s waxwork figure in a sparkling Jenny Packham dress, as the singer is well known for her love of embellished dresses.

The dress was the same dress Taylor wore during the opening act of her 2010 Fearless Tour.

The creepy thing was Taylor arrived at the waxwork figure unveiling wearing the same dress and the same Louboutin’s. *Twilight Zone creepy music*.

Eva Longoria and Cheryl Cole both recently unveiled their waxworks figures, but thankfully they dressed differently to their figures.

This just freaks me out, sorry Taylor.

Credit: Zuma Press

Sarah Greene In Thakoon - 2014 Tony Awards

Sarah Greene In Thakoon – 2014 Tony Awards

Taylor Swift In Georges Chakra Couture - "Dancing With The Stars"

Taylor Swift In Georges Chakra Couture – “Dancing With The Stars”

24 Responses to Taylor Swift In Jenny Packham – Waxwork Figure Unveiling At Madame Tussauds

1. Bella October 28, 2010 at 15:38 #

I thought they are purposely dressed the same, to make they even look more alike.
    I know some celebs (Eva, Cheryl and others) dress differently, but I’ve seen celebs dressed as theirs (Kim Kardashian recently).
    I think it goes both ways: some dress the same and some don’t.

• Lara October 28, 2010 at 19:51 #

Kim has a wax figure in Tussauds??! What a mad world we live in.

• Bella October 28, 2010 at 22:02 #

Haha, yes and yes!

• LUCY GOOSY October 29, 2010 at 19:33 #

Thanks Bella for the link
          I saw the pictures of Kim and her wax figure looks awful……if the real Kim was not standing beside it. I wouldn’t know which celebrity it was.

• molly October 28, 2010 at 22:15 #

Agreed!
        lol
        i think you should actaully have to have done something in your life in order to have a wax figure. But yes, she dressed like this pruposely.

2. Vicky October 28, 2010 at 15:50 #

The wax figure doesn’t even look like Taylor!
    I first thought it was a WWIB poll until I read the title.
    Is this for Taussuds in London or America? Because the wax figures in America are horrible! I’m yet to see one that actually resemble the celebrity in question.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2010 at 16:00 #

in New York

• Manja October 28, 2010 at 16:01 #

i agree,it is not good

• Claudia October 28, 2010 at 16:42 #

totally agree.

• molly October 28, 2010 at 22:16 #

I went to the Washington DC museum, and they were great there. Especially Tom Cruise…you should look them up!

• jkrau October 28, 2010 at 22:36 #

Yes, this is ridiculous! I feel like I could make more accurate faces of these celebs than the Madame Tussaud’s people do! Poor Taylor looks so unhappy because she knows it’s a crap job. Wow.

3. Shruti October 28, 2010 at 16:01 #

This was definitely planned in advance. She looks cute…same as always. The wax figure isn’t the best we’ve seen though…

4. Hannah October 28, 2010 at 16:06 #

It’s not awful, but standing side by side the wax figure looks slightly too miley cyrus in attitude and face.

5. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 16:32 #

This wax figure doesn’t look like Taylor. I thought maybe it was a joke.

6. anne October 28, 2010 at 16:36 #

Oh look it s Malibu Barbie posing next to Taylor Swift. Nice dress, shame about the wax figure.

7. Ethne Blist October 28, 2010 at 16:55 #

Taylor dressing in the same shoes and dress is bad taste. That is decadent. The wax figure’s face looks awful. I can’t even look at it. Wax figures are just bad ideas anyway.

8. Lara October 28, 2010 at 17:56 #

What they got horribly wrong was the hair. Her hair is so much her signature… the waves on the waxwork as opposed to her real-life curls are just too dissimilar…

9. Victoria October 28, 2010 at 17:57 #

Hahaha I actually found it funny that she dressed exactly the same as her wax! :D

Apart from that, I do agree, this wax figure is not the best I’ve seen.

10. Lara October 28, 2010 at 19:51 #

Her style is always so boring(as her songs), ugh

11. mol October 28, 2010 at 20:17 #

I hate the whole idea of wax figures, so I’ll make an aside observation – Taylor has the most awesome figure, very coltish and youthful, great legs, and so on, but I can’t help but wish she would have a radical redo on her hair – her small but rather perfect features are swamped by her curls (IMO only…)

12. ullis October 28, 2010 at 21:30 #

aw no what a fail! It doesnt even look like Tay :(

13. Sharon October 28, 2010 at 23:12 #

It might looks creepier if the wax version looked even remotely like Tayler. You’d think they’d never seen her hair before. The wig looks nothing like it. The dress looks nice on both the mannequin and Taylor, but it’s nothing unusual for her.

14. pam October 29, 2010 at 03:03 #

I think they ask them to dress like the figure if possible. I mean the idea is to be an exact double. Eva obviously tried to approximate the evening gown look. With Taylor they really messed up the hair. It’s not even close. I bet they get a better wig before too long as her hair is one of her trademarks. I’ve seen the figures in a few places, some are amazing and some are not. I find them all a little creepy.

15. Marvel October 30, 2010 at 00:26 #

I think its a cute idea.

Maybe thats just me