In Rome tonight, protesters stormed the red carpet before the “Last Night” Rome Film Festival opening ceremony premiere.

They were protesting about budget cuts at the Italian film studios Cinecitta, so the red carpet was abandoned.

Eva then headed to the cocktail party for the movie which was held at the Lancia Cafe.

She brought sexy back for one night only wearing a breathtakingly magnificent Atelier Versace Fall 2010 gown.

This was my favourite gown from Atelier Versace Fall 2010 collection.

I had earmarked if for Penelope Cruz, but Eva more than does it justice. It’s such a shame it didn’t get the red carpet outing is so very much deserves.

Her open back pinky peach gown is entirely embroidered in silk fringes and crystals of the same colour.

I just love the asymmetrical cuts on the dress and the fringes.

Had Eva worn her hair up, I would’ve loved this look even more.

Credit: Versace.com & Image.net

Freida Pinto In Christian Dior - 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival

Freida Pinto In Christian Dior – 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival

Keira Knightley In Valentino - "Last Night" Rome Film Festival Opening Ceremony Premiere

Keira Knightley In Valentino – “Last Night” Rome Film Festival Opening Ceremony Premiere

33 Responses to Eva Mendes In Atelier Versace – “Last Night” Rome Film Festival Opening Ceremony Premiere

1. julia October 28, 2010 at 20:21 #

no red carpet pictures????
    NOOO
    i looked forward to seeing pictures of keira & eva…… =(

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2010 at 20:23 #

No they couldn’t too many people stormed the red carpet

2. Hannah October 28, 2010 at 20:24 #

It is stunning. If she had had the chance to pose with it, I’m sure it would have been more so. I don’t miss the red carpet, it easily could have clashed with that dress!

3. Anissa October 28, 2010 at 20:24 #

I disagree. It’s a stunning dress yes, but on her it loses the uniqueness and almost looks sloppy. Maybe if it wasn’t an action shot and her hair was pulled up…it’s definitely meant for a taller person w/ a longer torso though.

4. mol October 28, 2010 at 20:35 #

No red carpet – it’s such a shame as for almost the first time ever, I really love Eva’s look – yes, she could have worn her hair up, but she looks so vibrant and exciting along with the sexy part, which makes it so much more interesting to me……maybe the posed RC would have brought back the static one note sexy look…

5. dee October 28, 2010 at 20:51 #

I love this dress but I’m not loving on Eva.

6. allie October 28, 2010 at 21:31 #

divino!

7. sara October 28, 2010 at 22:34 #

We all know Eva has an amazing figure but this dress does nothing for her. It’s hugging her in all wrong places. It looks like she struggled a lot to fit in this sample size. We can see her curves wanting to explode in the waist area. This is such a shame because i love Eva and the dress.

• Cristina October 29, 2010 at 01:56 #

Exactly. Terrible fit–makes her bulgy all over which we know she’s not. Presumably the Versace atelier fit her, and if so shame on them!

• KateS October 29, 2010 at 02:03 #

I agree – love the dress, love Eva, but not loving them together. The fit is all off.

• Stacey October 29, 2010 at 03:27 #

I agree with everything you said. The asymmetrical cuts are hugging the wrong places.

• Kath October 29, 2010 at 04:00 #

I agree with Sara. The dress looks like it’s cutting in to her! Eva has an amazing, amazing body but this dress just looks WAY too small for her. Such a pity because the dress could’ve been amazing :<

• Erik October 29, 2010 at 07:25 #

This, I totally agree with

• lidka October 29, 2010 at 08:08 #

I totally agree, those alternating areas of fringe make the dress look like it’s biting into a chubby body, which as we well know, is not something that eva mendes has :D
      i like the dress on her, but i would prefer if she had gone up a size :)

• Emi October 29, 2010 at 11:01 #

I totally agree, what a pity, the dress doesn’t do justice to her and she doesn’t do justice to the dress.

• Gaber October 29, 2010 at 13:48 #

I looked at the picture of the dress and went OMG OMG OMG! And then I saw how it looked on Eva and I went OMG! WHY?!??!? WHHHHHY!??!

Gosh, she butchered this dress.

• Alina October 29, 2010 at 14:55 #

I agree.
      She looks bad here.

8. Fiona October 28, 2010 at 23:48 #

Love the dress on the model, and I normally love everything on Eva but I think on this occasion she slightly missed the mark with the sizing, the dress is a little snug around the hips and makes her look like she squeezed into it. The colour is great on her though.

9. mochababe73 October 29, 2010 at 01:15 #

I don’t like it on Eva. The dress is too tight, and she probably should have gone up a size.
    Unfortunate, because if it had actually fit, I would have been all for it. Beautiful dress, though.

10. pam October 29, 2010 at 02:40 #

Love the dress but it looks a little tight on Eva. The drape of the fringe is lost on her and that’s what makes this dress so special.

11. mimi October 29, 2010 at 04:18 #

I hope we will have a chance to see this dress on someone other than Eva, because in my opinion she does no justice to the dress. She should have worn her hair up. and the dress would have looked better on someone taller.

12. Denise October 29, 2010 at 06:27 #

Honestly I think she looks horrible. Her hair and makeup are awful, and the dress is making her lumpy, like its too tight in some areas. Not a good look.

13. Lara October 29, 2010 at 07:11 #

Beautiful dress on beautiful women. I like it

14. nicky October 29, 2010 at 09:17 #

eva doesnt do the dress justice…i wouldve preferred penelope over her. people have already pointed out tht this dress doesnt flatter her at all. her hair looks really messy and dirty and her makeup just doesnt suit the dress….disappointed!

15. Vidhya October 29, 2010 at 09:25 #

is it fringed all over??? the model has some plain areas, i cant see them on eva.. they look beaded/fringed?

16. Pablo October 29, 2010 at 09:42 #

Pity about protesters ruining the redcarpet…

As peolple are saying, the dress is a work of art, but it’s not working on Eva. Hair is wrong and fitting is sooo wrong. Again, what a pity…

17. CreoleLady October 29, 2010 at 10:02 #

Love Versace, love Eva, and absolutely adore this color on her. Truly a shame about not having a red carpet. Seems like the whole scene was chaotic. I’m going to cut Eva a little slack here as it could be simply that the dress needed to be adjusted after the to-ing and fro-ing of the evening. Am going to give Kiera the same benefit as I can only imagine how stunning that dress looked but can only see gathers where she had to hold it to get to where she was going.

18. ahot October 29, 2010 at 12:04 #

wORKING THIS DRESS EVEN THOUGH TOO TIGH SOMEHOW. lOVE IT!

19. Camille October 29, 2010 at 13:54 #

the dress looks a little too tight around the middle and is giving her bulges instead of gracefully skimming her gorgeous curves. She’s a gorgeous woman wearing a gorgeous dress that is one size too small. I don’t mind the loose and sexy hair as this is a sexy dress.

20. Alicat October 29, 2010 at 14:08 #

On the model this is a truly amazing dress, giving a beautiful silhouette complimented by the movement of the fringing. Unfortunately this is somehow lost on Eva, and as others have said, it is the wrong size. Her silhouette is lumpy and unflattering, making her look like she has a thick waist. It just goes to show that the wrong size can make even a fantastic figure look “less than”.

21. Jones19 October 29, 2010 at 18:17 #

I agree that this dress makes Eva look lumpy. The dress is heavenly though so I hope it gets another lumpless outing.

22. Marvel October 30, 2010 at 00:20 #

her hair ruins it. Would have loved to have seen it more with more spark

It falls flat for eva, but amazing dress nonetheless

23. Alerys November 2, 2010 at 06:46 #

Beautiful dress for a beautiful woman. Just gorgeous. No matter what, people are going to say something negative and be too critical. She looks amazing and she wears it with elegance.