Gong Li and Pace Wu were just two of the stunning stars to arrive on the red carpet for the Tiffany & Co. Blue Book Jewelry Promotion in Beijing this week.

I don’t think I’ve ever featured Gong Li on my site wearing anything other than Louis Vuitton. She simply adores the brand.

She wore her second Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 gown to this event.

On this occasion she modified the bustier gown to include straps.

The modification makes sense considering the gown was hovering dangerously low on Elle Macpherson, but I wonder why she didn’t consider Look 54 instead.

Gong Li wore silver Mary Janes to complement the silver satin lining of her gown.

Are you liking the modification? Or do you prefer how the dress was presented on the runway?

Pace Wu looked breath-taking wearing a Jason Wu Fall 2010 strapless floral gown.

Thank god the gown kept all it’s fluffy volume.

Nothing depresses me more than a flat gown. I’m glad Pace Wu proved that it can be done.

She didn’t need all that jewelry as gown stands alone.

Both ladies of course dazzled in Tiffany jewels.

Credit: Style.com, Sina & Lisa

In Taylor Swift's Closet - Alice + Olivia Diane Flutter Dolman Blouse

In Taylor Swift’s Closet – Alice + Olivia Diane Flutter Dolman Blouse

Reese Witherspoon In Jason Wu – 10th Anniversary Avon Foundation for Women Gala

Reese Witherspoon In Jason Wu – 10th Anniversary Avon Foundation for Women Gala

26 Responses to Gong Li In Louis Vuitton & Pace Wu In Jason Wu – Tiffany & Co. Blue Book Jewelry Promotion

1. Giuseppi Giraffe October 27, 2010 at 20:29 #

I LOVE the Louis Vuitton- I think her addition of the straps was good. These dresses are both awesome.

2. Ethne Blist October 27, 2010 at 20:32 #

Pace Wu is too thin. I don’t mind her jewels. I think Milla Jovovich looked better than Gong Li because on Milla she kept the gown strapless and the gown didn’t hover low, Plus Milla has the pizazz to pull off a gown with tweed-like fabric.

3. Jennifer October 27, 2010 at 20:34 #

I actually love the modification – and she choose this dress over Look 54 because she wanted the rise-fall hem – and this dress is distinctly different in the folds. I think she looks amazing in the dress.

As for Pace… I love the poofiness of the dress, but I think the color is too pale for her – it blends too much. Other than that, beautiful.

4. JJovana3 October 27, 2010 at 20:40 #

Looks better OFF runway. That Jason Wu dress is to die for. Suits well her thin frame. Hair is little too prom for me, but i’ll forgive just on the account of the dress. :)

5. Leti October 27, 2010 at 20:40 #

Gong Li for BDOTW! She is working the hell out of this dress, and I like that she made it her own by adding the straps.

6. sara October 27, 2010 at 21:07 #

i love the first one…but why those shoes???too heavy for this wonderful dress!!

7. pipsqueak October 27, 2010 at 21:19 #

Li’s boobs could’ve used some support. Saggy boobs are copyrighted by Mariah (S)carey. Li could’ve done better. She’s a respectable actress and her ‘assets’ are natural, so I expect more from her. All in all, she looked great. I like her necklace.

8. dee October 27, 2010 at 21:36 #

I’m not liking the dress on Gong Li. It’s too overpowering. Pace looks like a princess. Quite beautiful.

9. Ben October 27, 2010 at 22:06 #

Both for BDOTW! I LOVE Pace in her Jason WU and think Gong Li’s alterations are just making the llok better!

10. dt October 27, 2010 at 22:14 #

I love Gong Li in that dress, the hi low hem, which is more prominent and I think the added straps works better for her as well. I love this look!
    Pace Wu looks simply gorgeous as well, but I love Gong Li in that dress!

11. Hannah October 27, 2010 at 22:58 #

The jewellery makes sense ot me, for Pace wu, as it is a tiffany’s event but if sh ehad lost the bracelet it woul dhave been better. I think it is funny that both girls used this event to their full advantage, both wearing elaborate bracelets, rings, earrings and necklaces. Can’t say I would do any different!

12. asherlev1 October 27, 2010 at 23:03 #

OMG how are you going to pick the BDOTW nomineeds?! Gong Li for BDOTW for sure. She might be my favorite so far.

13. Claudia October 27, 2010 at 23:32 #

I truly prefer the runway style. Even though she’s gorgeus she managed to somehow ruin this gown for me..

14. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 23:55 #

Gong’s gown is hideous with or without straps

I do like the Jason Wu but I agree too much jewellary

15. zoe October 28, 2010 at 01:10 #

gong li is blowing me away! oh wow, bdotw is going to be so hard. i already declared paz vega was my bdotw but gong li looks so good! sigh…:)
    the addition of the straps was definitely an improvement to the dress!

16. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 03:10 #

There wasn’t much about LV’s Fall line that I liked. This is one of the dresses that I didn’t. I don’t care for the runway or modified versions.
    Pace Wu looks lovely. I’m sure that she pretty much had to wear the jewels since it was a Tiffany event.

17. mimi October 28, 2010 at 03:58 #

gong li for bdotw, I love the modification

18. KateS October 28, 2010 at 04:39 #

I love both! Gong Li, in particular, looks stunning – I like the width of the straps under the arm and the way they taper up to an almost halter-like shape, which fits with the mid-century inspiration of the dress.

19. nicky October 28, 2010 at 07:39 #

gong li looks great in the dress i think but the accessories so do not match. this louis vuitton dress doesnt require diamonds overloaded i think!

20. Emi October 28, 2010 at 09:15 #

I like the way the dress has been modified, and yes, she would have looked gorgeous with look54. Pace Wu’s hairstyle is terribly old-style, it seems suitable for a prom of a 80’s movie.

21. Alicat October 28, 2010 at 09:44 #

Elle McPherson is a glamazon and looks amazing in the LV dress. She owns it as far as I’m concerned. A very hard act to follow.

22. Lee Ann October 28, 2010 at 12:38 #

sorry but I am bored to death with these Vuitton dresses
    . Straps were added to the ones that were sold in the LV stores so I do not think she was responsible.
    Whilst I would love the necklace especially around my neck I do not think it works with the dress-Even doing Ladylike, Marc still has a bit of grunge with the glamour and I do not believe diamonds work with the grunge ethos.

23. Lara October 28, 2010 at 13:23 #

I happen to absolutely LOVE Pace’s look. I think the jewellry added, and not subtracted from the look, and it’s my nomination for one of the BDOTW spots.

24. Donna October 28, 2010 at 13:55 #

I would have loved the LV without the straps. Pace looks amazing. Thank you FC for showing us stars that we don’t normally see in the U.S.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2010 at 14:09 #

It’s always very interesting for me, so I’m glad you are enjoying me featuring non us stars

25. D October 28, 2010 at 16:50 #

I’ve always admired Gong Li. She is 45 y.o. this year.