Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival

Last night in Qatar, Salma Hayek attended the opening ceremony for the 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival.

The actress opted for yet another Alexander McQueen look, this time from the Resort 2011 collection.

I love the drama of the dress, yet at the same time I’m not that excited about it on Salma.

That’s mostly because the skirt has lost it’s zing.

I’m sure it must be impossible to keep the structure on a dress like this when you’re sitting in a car or seated for a premiere, but it makes me lose excitement for a look like this.

I also loved the leather belt on the runway, but Salma opted out of this because she had to contain the twins by reducing the plunge on this dress.

An Alexander McQueen clutch, Boucheron jewels and black Sergio Rossi heels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Olivia Palermo In Giambattista Valli - 2010 Whitney Gala and Studio Party

Olivia Palermo In Giambattista Valli – 2010 Whitney Gala and Studio Party

23 Responses to Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival

1. mm October 27, 2010 at 16:10 #

Salma continues to ruin everything. To much material for her.

2. nicky October 27, 2010 at 16:21 #

i dont feel like salma should wear alexander mcqueen because the designs just isnt very flattering for her =S the proportions look awkward on her and it just doesnt seem like her style imo

• dee October 27, 2010 at 16:49 #

Wow you must have read my mind. I was just about to say that I like Alexander McQueen but it doesn’t suit Salma’s body type.

• hally October 28, 2010 at 09:36 #

i agree. while i don’t think this look is that bad, she doesn’t do it justice, and she can do soooo much better. god knows she has the resources!
        she and have the same body type, and let me tell you, its a struggle to put down a gorgeous dress and admit it would just look horrible on you. she should just stay away from the entire mcqueen collection to avoid temptation, or at least proceed w/ caution!

also, not really on topic, but is anyone else just waiting til her daughter grows up? i can’t wait to see what she’ll wear from daddy’s empire!

3. Elisa October 27, 2010 at 16:27 #

And I am just so tired of her squeeze-twins!

4. JJovana3 October 27, 2010 at 16:50 #

Too much DRESS for her small frame. I dont think McQueen is quite meant for large breasts, just a personal observation. She kinda made it look cheap and very “Sears” like prom dress.

• Gigi October 27, 2010 at 19:13 #

Good call JJovana3, It is too much – print and fabric. It does look Searsy… and with all her (and her hubby’s) $$ she is going to have to splurge and fine a new stylist! FAST.

5. Rebecca October 27, 2010 at 16:52 #

I agree that this is not her best look, though I love the fabric on her. Proportions are critical for her because she is short and busty, but when she gets it right, she looks better than anyone!

6. Lee Ann October 27, 2010 at 17:00 #

I think Alexander McQueen must be rolling in his grave.

• Karis October 27, 2010 at 17:14 #

Took the words right out of my mouth!

7. Hannah October 27, 2010 at 17:16 #

Noomi’s dress didn’t fall flat :(.

8. Claudia October 27, 2010 at 17:28 #

I don’t think Salma should go for this kind of dress.. she’s too short and the dress doesn’t help her at all.. she’s beautiful, but she has a different body full of curves.. she must be aware of what will look good on her.. I love Alexander McQueen.. the outfits are very exquisite.. unfortunately not for Salma..

9. Ethne Blist October 27, 2010 at 17:32 #

You shouldn’t show cleav when you wear Alexander McQueen. If you wanna show cleav, wear Versace, Gucci or Julian McDonald.

• JJovana3 October 27, 2010 at 20:44 #

Good call! McQueen stuff is not meant to be worn “sexy”. Thats why this fails so badly. I cant remember what month it was, but she was on the cover of InStyle wearing Spring 2010 print dress (one of those moth or lizard prints) and she made it look so damn commercial, I was on the verge of tears. Salma is not doing ANY favors to McQueen legacy.

• Fashion Critic October 27, 2010 at 21:20 #

the saddest thing is she thinks she is

• KateS October 28, 2010 at 04:48 #

I know, I appreciate her efforts to be a brand ambassador for all hubby’s high end labels, but McQueen is SO WRONG for her. It’s a shame, because when she gets it right no one looks more stunning.

10. Rach October 27, 2010 at 18:18 #

No idea if it’s the angle of the photo or the cut of the dress, but she looks practically stunted! Very odd.

11. Polina October 27, 2010 at 18:25 #

What the hell was she thinking? It takes a lot of effort to make gorgeous McQueen’s designs look like a drape from grandma’s English countryside house.

12. Fiona October 27, 2010 at 23:54 #

McQueen is not for Salma, I wish she would stop insisting on wearing it. Just because you can afford it, or have access to it, doesn’t mean you should.

13. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 23:59 #

I honestly think she thinks thats she looks good. Honey, you dont!

14. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 03:15 #

I think that Salma should just stop. McQueen is not for everyone. This is a prime example. Fabric like that is too heavy for a woman that is voluptous and has curves.
    And, her legs look stumpy.

15. Alicat October 28, 2010 at 09:51 #

This a stunning dress. It makes me drool. But it is for the tall, long-legged and slim-hipped. Salma’s body type is none of these. She is a serial offender in choosing beautiful dresses which do not flatter her.

16. SarahV October 28, 2010 at 21:31 #

The model kind of looks like Bruce Jenner….