27.10.10

Rihanna For Marie Claire UK December 2010

Rihanna is the gorgeous cover girl for Marie Claire UK’s December 2010 issue which hits newsstands tomorrow.

The double cover shot by Satoshi Saikusa, sees Rihanna wearing a Sonia Rykiel feathered dress on the first cover.

The subscribers will get a signed copy of RiRi wearing a sexy Mark Fast Spring 2011 mini dress, which only exited the runway a month ago.

In the interview she talks about Eminem, surviving the Chris Brown experience and about the person she has become now.

You can read more at MarieClaire.co.uk. Here are some extracts.

On critics questioning her recent appearance on the Eminem single, “Love The Way You Lie” and how, in their view, it glamorises domestic violence: “He [Eminem] confronted himself on it. He basically gives insight into what goes on in the mind of a couple in a domestically violent relationship. I love that in every verse it just gets to that point where she wants to leave, she wants to leave, she leaves, she leaves, she leaves… but then the hook always comes back.”

On whether she related to the song on a persona level: “Absolutely. Absolutely! Every word in that song is true. It would take somebody who’s been on the inside to understand how magical those lyrics are.”

On being a different person: “I was very lost. I have to say I felt really confused. It was really strange because… ‘Aaagh!’ I hate talking about it but it was really crazy because I felt so out of touch with myself and when that happens…It’s just this one empty vase. I felt like an empty vessel. I’m just… I feel like… I smile for real this time. Eventually, I remember waking up one day and I knew I was over it. One day. I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it.”

Credit: Style.com & Marie Claire UK

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter's THE EDIT

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter’s THE EDIT

Rihanna In Jean Paul Gaultier - Barnes & Noble Book Signing

Rihanna In Jean Paul Gaultier – Barnes & Noble Book Signing

10 Responses to Rihanna For Marie Claire UK December 2010

1. mm October 27, 2010 at 18:08 #

. Even that horrible red hair looks fab. Nice job RiRi

2. mol October 27, 2010 at 18:14 #

I love the image of her in Sonia Rykiel – the red hair makes total sense with this outfit, love the shoes too; a beautiful image.

3. Vidhya October 27, 2010 at 18:19 #

I wish she wouldn’t talk abt her violent experience in such a self-absorbed way and start supporting and lending her voice to help women escape domestic violence. “I was hurt..but now im over it”.. is not going to help a woman who cannot support herself or her children if she walked out of an abusive relationship… :(

• Vidhya October 27, 2010 at 18:20 #

i know this is not the forum for this but couldnt help myself after reading this interview.. it a very important issue :(

• mm October 27, 2010 at 21:20 #

good point. that’s a very heavy situation. I am very happy that she got out of that relationship.

4. LUCY GOOSY October 27, 2010 at 18:21 #

Rihanna looks BRILLIANT!!!!
    The first pic of her on the cover is breath taking…..what every cover of a magazine should be….it is interesting to see that she is making a new trend…her nails are nude, long and pointy…. the short, dark nail manicure look is starting to look old…..I smiled when I saw the styling for the last pic…..I had to style those Christian Louboutin shoes before…and it was such hard work….I put it with every skirt length and it looked awful ….in the end those shoes only work on short lengths (as shown on Rihanna in shorts) and on mid-thigh asymmetrical skirts/dresses. I am running to buy the issue tomorrow.

5. dee October 27, 2010 at 19:00 #

I love every look on her.

6. Fola October 27, 2010 at 19:05 #

She looks beautiful! Great styling and I’m loving the make-up.

7. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 23:57 #

A fantastic shoot and accompanying interview.

8. GorgeousSpice October 31, 2010 at 01:51 #

RIHANNA has surprised me. i like her more each day