Oprah Winfrey In Victoria Beckham – Maria Shriver’s Women’s Conference 2010

Maria Shriver, the wife of California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, hosted a Women’s Conference at the Long Beach Convention Center in LA last night.

Maria presented Oprah Winfrey with the Minerva Award to honour women who make a difference.

Oprah looked stunning wearing a Victoria Beckham tromp l’oeil dress from the Fall 2010 collection. Absolutely flawless.

I’m glad she didn’t go for something safe and black.

This must have been a huge honour for Victoria, who was also in attendance, as she’s been often quoted as saying she wanted to dress the likes of Oprah and the First Lady, Michelle Obama.

As Prabal Gurung knows only too well. First come come Oprah, then comes Mrs O.

Victoria Beckham looked equally glamorous wearing a drape neck fitted dress from the same Fall 2010 collection with a clutch from her recent Spring 2011 collection.

Both look amazing.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomie Harris In Willow & Sea NY - "The First Grader" London Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Naomie Harris In Willow & Sea NY – “The First Grader” London Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Claire Danes In Lanvin - 2010 Whitney Gala And Studio Party

Claire Danes In Lanvin – 2010 Whitney Gala And Studio Party

36 Responses to Oprah Winfrey In Victoria Beckham – Maria Shriver’s Women’s Conference 2010

1. Dorian Gray October 27, 2010 at 14:19 #

Congratulation to Mrs Beckham, her FW collection deserves all the best (not so much her latest SS).

2. Claire October 27, 2010 at 14:22 #

Both ladies look beautiful! I am sure VB was delighted to have Oprah wearing her dress and looking so fabulous in it!

3. Jo October 27, 2010 at 14:30 #

Oprah = 10/10.

Victoria though, I’m not as keen. The dress looks a bit crumpled and the sleeves are way too baggy on her which is ridiculous given it’s her line – surely they get made for her?! I do love the dress however.

4. Idealist October 27, 2010 at 14:31 #

Oprah looks sexy! Bravo VB collection!

5. mochababe73 October 27, 2010 at 14:38 #

I would have to respectfully disagree. While this is very much Oprah’s style, I can’t help but to think that this is a suit that I would see on Easter Sunday at church. They were worn by women waaay older than Oprah.
    I really like the second dress. The color is pretty, but the long sleeves are bothering me.

6. Jasmine October 27, 2010 at 14:47 #

love both dresses. i know VB often comes in for flak, but the fact that two women with such vastly different silhouettes can wear her designs says something about her clothes.

7. Ana October 27, 2010 at 14:49 #

WOW! Looks very elegant on Lady O. Love it.

8. Mallory October 27, 2010 at 15:19 #

Oprah’s shape isn’t easy to dress, but she looks stunning here. Congrats to VB *bottles pop*

9. Gigi October 27, 2010 at 15:24 #

Embrace those curves, Oprah! She is the polar opposite of VB, and look FANTASTIC!

10. dee October 27, 2010 at 15:30 #

They both look good but I wish Oprah wore her hair in a different style. The way she has it going back off her face makes her look a little old.

11. Hannah October 27, 2010 at 15:38 #

Such an appropriate and stunning outfit from Oprah. She looks incredible. Also this is hte first time in a longtime I have loved something Victoria Beckham is wearing, and she looks incredible.

12. Shruti October 27, 2010 at 15:47 #

The colour’s great on Oprah and so is the style. A very soft, elegant look. She looks lovely.

Can’t see what the dress actually looked like on VB from the pic but I do like it on the model. I really like her lines. Classic, clean and wearable. Refreshing change from some of the weirdly outlandish things we see these days.

13. Talita October 27, 2010 at 16:51 #

I’m glad to see Oprah look that good in pale pink. Adorbs!

14. blissful October 27, 2010 at 16:58 #

Oprah actually looks better than Victoria in terms of fit and color (who woulda thunk?). I know people complain her dresses only look good on her and her body type, but Oprah, Jennifer Lopez, and Jennifer Hudson have proven them wrong. The long, classic lines can work for most people.

15. Lee Ann October 27, 2010 at 17:25 #

I get what Mochababe is saying but I think somehow Oprah pulls it back from that. Whether it is because of the quality of the material, the detail or the cut-who knows but it does prove that all sizes look good in a VB dress.I do wonder if this was made especially for her though because I don’t think Oprah is a size 14 which is the largest size it is made.

• Fashion Critic October 27, 2010 at 17:37 #

I also think it must have been made for her.

16. Ethne Blist October 27, 2010 at 17:34 #

Is that cleav I see Oprah? Look’n good!

17. LUCY GOOSY October 27, 2010 at 17:35 #

WOW! Both look amazing! Victoria Beckham is the only celebrity designer who will probably be around for the long haul.
    “First comes Opera, then Mrs O”
    mmmmm. I wonder what Mrs. Obama would wear from VB FALL 2010 line…looks that would expose her toned arms….my suggestions are:
    LOOK 1 of 26 on model Eugenia Mandzhieva
    LOOK 5 of 26 on model Lovanni Pinnow
    LOOK 8 of 26 on model Eugenia Mandzhieva
    LOOK 9 of 26
    LOOK 10 of 26 on model Lovanni Pinnow
    LOOK 15 of 26 on model Lovanni Pinnow

18. Tamia October 27, 2010 at 17:52 #

Never thought I’d say this but Oprah for BDOTW?!Great to see her step out of her comfort zone and look so hot!

19. mol October 27, 2010 at 17:52 #

Oprah looks fantastic to me, bravo VB!

20. bettybrandenburg October 27, 2010 at 17:57 #

Hmmm. Oprah does look a little churchy, although I’m greatful someone with real curves is wearing this collection for a change (or was it custom made for her?) VB herself looks like LIttle Red Riding Hood, in reverse….

• bettybrandenburg October 27, 2010 at 17:58 #

Grateful, even. Sheesh. No spell check.,

21. Mira October 27, 2010 at 18:37 #

Is it me or is Victoria’s dress too big on her??

22. moja31 October 27, 2010 at 20:42 #

proof that you don’t have to be as skinny as victoria to totally rock one of her dresses. they both look fab.

23. Fashion Interlude October 27, 2010 at 22:29 #

this is a first for me, but i just love how Oprah is looking in that dress, she looks so great, i havent seen her look this good since Prabal Gurung, she’s glowing, BDOTW?

24. Marvel October 28, 2010 at 00:01 #

Great look for Oprah but VB seriously needs to put on weight

25. Chiara October 28, 2010 at 00:20 #

I really love the drape on Oprah’s jacket, but I’m not so keen on the skirt… She still looks amazing.

26. Tania October 28, 2010 at 03:37 #

What an honor that Oprah wore one of her dresses! I’m really pleased for VB. Oprah looks good! This proves VB dresses suit all bodyshapes!

27. KateS October 28, 2010 at 04:53 #

Oprah looks incredible – love it!

28. karen October 28, 2010 at 05:32 #

I am puzzled at the fit on Victoria since its her dress but it looks so ill fitted on her. The top of dress looks much better on the model which is odd since she could have made the dress fit her perfectly.

29. Janard Williams @fashionsflyest October 28, 2010 at 11:17 #

lets hope Victoria gets on her show for the last season with a fashion show!

30. ahot October 28, 2010 at 13:21 #

She made it! congrats

31. Ally October 28, 2010 at 14:21 #

What a perfect shape for Oprah. Yay for VB. :)

32. Sharon October 28, 2010 at 23:39 #

Oprah looks wonderful. I love the color and the style of the dress on her. Nice to see her in something without a scoop neck and full skirt. The red dress on VB may be a hard one to fit. It looks too big on her, and the runway model looks like she has a kangaroo pouch right below her belt.

33. V October 30, 2010 at 23:56 #

the dress looks much better on oprah than it does on the model

34. mahna October 31, 2010 at 01:43 #

Neither dress is well made, there are puckers on seams and poor fit. Oprah looks old and tired in the washed out color and church lady look of the cheap looking dress. It is unflattering, poorly made and the hanging chunk in front looks ridiculous.
    VB needs to get better sweatshops to do her sewing, and find someone with talent to ghost write her “designs”