Claire Danes In Lanvin – 2010 Whitney Gala And Studio Party

Claire Danes may not excite many of you on the red carpet, but she always looks sophisticated and very elegant.

This was very much the case when she stepped onto the red carpet at the 2010 Whitney Gala And Studio Party at The Whitney Museum of American Art in New York City last night.

Her Lanvin Resort 2011 haltered black dress had an interesting jeweled chain-link neckline.

I’m really glad she added the studded black leather belt and silver clutch to this look otherwise I may not have liked it as much.

Her blonde hair teased into a simple updo, whilst her make-up was natural and flawless.

As always, we have a perfectly nice red carpet look from Claire.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Oprah Winfrey In Victoria Beckham - Maria Shriver's Women's Conference 2010

Oprah Winfrey In Victoria Beckham – Maria Shriver’s Women’s Conference 2010

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – 2010 Doha Tribeca Film Festival

29 Responses to Claire Danes In Lanvin – 2010 Whitney Gala And Studio Party

1. dee October 27, 2010 at 15:22 #

She looks great. I like how she accessorized the dress. What a nice touch.

2. mikeijames October 27, 2010 at 15:34 #

this is how one should wear lanvin…..absolutely flawless!!

• Polina October 27, 2010 at 18:28 #

I am with you on this one. She is is stunning.

3. Hannah October 27, 2010 at 15:36 #

I love it! It is much mor ethan perfectly nice for me. Finally someone learnt how to not only wear but improve a lanvin on the red carpet. Simplicity is always overlooked, and I think she did it perfectly, letting the belt and that stunning halter strap shine. BDOTW.

• mol October 27, 2010 at 16:53 #

I agree completely.

4. Shruti October 27, 2010 at 15:41 #

This is a great look. Effortless and alluring. Love everything.

5. nicky October 27, 2010 at 15:43 #

im surprised tht i actually like this look on claire. i am one of those ones who find her dull no matter how exciting her outfit is…but this is an exception. she looks very sophisticated and chic without looking boring. the dress can be kinda unflattering around the top area but she still looks good

6. mm October 27, 2010 at 16:06 #

my girl crush of late is on Claire.

7. Talita October 27, 2010 at 16:48 #

She is so sophisticated. The color of her hair suits her perfectly.

8. Cristina October 27, 2010 at 16:58 #

Most people disappoint me when they wear black on the red carpet, but I think Claire is stunning in this! I love how she made it her own with the belt and wore her hair up to show off that beautiful neck detail.

9. Lee Ann October 27, 2010 at 17:15 #

I really don’t like Lanvin but I think that she could change my mind.

10. Ethne Blist October 27, 2010 at 17:29 #

Claire Danes is always boring for me. Yawn. Even though she occasionally picks pretty dresses, she just is boring with her approach to fashion.

11. Claudia October 27, 2010 at 17:30 #

the girl knows what she’s doing..
    I believe she’s quite flawless on the red carpet.. very simple but yet chic and elegant.. love her

12. LUCY GOOSY October 27, 2010 at 17:54 #

Claire Danes looks BRILLIANT!!!!
    I have seen pics of this garment before….but I love the fact that red carpet fashion awards posted a close-up view of the necklace details. I liked this dress before…but I love it even more now. Thanks Claire Danes!!

13. Alex October 27, 2010 at 18:32 #

She looks so classy. Beautiful black dress, it’s simple but it’s far from boring. It’s pure class and Claire and Claire looks the best when she dresses like that.

14. Lara October 27, 2010 at 19:36 #

I for one have ALWAYS been on Claire’s bandwagon… I love her style mostly because it reflects mine, I think. Classic, but sophisticated, elegant and well put together looks. May bore some, but she can always be counted on to just look GOOD

15. kimi October 27, 2010 at 21:37 #

I simply adore and love this. Its so simplistic and just goes so well with her body. its classic black but more on a elegance level than a boring one. I also LOVE her hair and make up!

Overall its an A+ for me.

16. asherlev1 October 27, 2010 at 23:06 #

Lol, you always mention how people don’t like Claire, and that might have once been true of me. But ever since the Emmys I’ve been really appreciating all of her fashion choices. LOVE THIS. BDOTW?

17. Marvel October 28, 2010 at 00:00 #

Absolutely Flawless. I cant find one fault. I have and will always love Claire Danes

18. gossip_bangkok October 28, 2010 at 00:03 #

I love it. It’s very simple, yet very chic and elegant!

19. jkrau October 28, 2010 at 00:57 #

Ditto everyone else! Plus, Claire always dresses appropriately FOR THE OCCASION — my absolute number one rule for fashion. She didn’t need to show off for this, so she chose a simple black dress with details (like the slightly asymmetrical neckline) that make it slightly interesting. Perfect!

20. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 03:17 #

I think that this is the first time that I have seen Claire and not been totally bored.
    She (or her stylist) made the right decisions. The neckline and belt are so unique and edgy. Love the hair and the clutch. Wearing it like the model would have been a huge mistake.

21. KateS October 28, 2010 at 04:51 #

perfectly nice – LOL! That’s exactly how I feel about Claire on the red carpet. Not exciting, but nice.

22. CASS October 28, 2010 at 09:27 #

It’s so simple and chic, love it. I think this is a BDOTW contender.

23. hally October 28, 2010 at 09:29 #

i’m one of those who has disliked claire since little women. but her recent appearances are slowly turning me. love the dress w/ the belt & she looks great!

24. Emi October 28, 2010 at 09:30 #

BDOTW contender, and maybe winner, for me. She looks stunning, head to toe. I love the detail of the neckline, the belt, hair, make-up, everything. I’m one of those who really appreciate her style.

25. Alicat October 28, 2010 at 10:03 #

Chic, elegant, classy… This is perfection. I love the detailing in the halter strap.

26. thebeautyphilosopher October 31, 2010 at 06:18 #

What is this girl doing with her skin? It looks out of this world!

27. sad March 12, 2012 at 02:53 #