Menu

26.10.10

More From The 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

After the way Halle Berry wowed us in her stunning YSL gown this weekend, this look feels like she took a huge step back in this Kaufman Franco dress.

It’s not a bad dress in theory, but I feel totally indifferent to it on Halle as it looks like something Stephanie Pratt would wear.

Minnie Driver’s Paul & Joe Fall 2009 dress was far more interesting with the cape-like sleeves and embellished shoulder pads which complemented her black silk Brian Atwood ‘Randye’ sandals.

We have yet another Spring 2011 first.

Milla Jovovich wore a Temperley London Spring 2011 orange draped gown which looks much better in orange.

She’s totally loving this gown by the way she’s working it.

Mila Kunis looked much better on this occasion wearing a Monique Lhuillier black strapless asymmetrically draped dress.

It’s sticking to her favoured colour, but at least it has plenty of life and doesn’t make her look frumpy.

Brian Atwood black pumps completed her look.

“Winter’s Bone” actress Jennifer Lawrence wore a simple Thakoon Resort 2011 strapless white dress with a shimmering clutch.

I feel like I’ve been in love with Diane Lane all my life, but only I seem to be aging.

The gorgeous actress attended the event her hubby wearing a Michael Kors Resort 2011 origami belted dress with black accessories.

Credit: NYmag.com, Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Noomi Rapace In Alexander McQueen – 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

Noomi Rapace In Alexander McQueen – 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

Who Wore Carven Better? Kim Kardashian or Ciara

Who Wore Carven Better? Kim Kardashian or Ciara

17 Responses to More From The 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

1. Sharon October 28, 2010 at 23:49 #

The Thakoon on Jennifer is my favorite of these 6 dresses, but I wish she’d kept the runway color.

2. Elena October 28, 2010 at 21:55 #

As others have said before, me too, I’d really like to see Mila Jovovich in BTOW poll. She loooks absolutely gorgeous,and what an attitude!

3. dee October 27, 2010 at 16:54 #

I only like Mina’s look.

4. mochababe73 October 27, 2010 at 14:50 #

I like Halle in her dress. She’s sticking to the formula that works for. But, the sleeves are too long.
    Minnie’s dress is okay, but I can’t help thinking “Bat Girl”.
    The color, style, shape, and silhouette on Milla is stunning. I know that she stood out from the crowd.
    I wish that Mila had worn the dress in a color so that we could see the detail.
    When I look at dresses like Jennifer’s, I think-white bedsheets.
    Again, I wish that Diane had worn her dress in a color.

5. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 14:13 #

Mila’s my absolute favourite here. I love the colour and the fact that she is not afraid of showing thes dress to the max!

6. sara October 27, 2010 at 13:59 #

mila and diane are sooo wonderful here…the rest…blah!

7. Alicat October 27, 2010 at 13:04 #

Minnie Driver is going from strength to strength of late.

8. Alina October 27, 2010 at 06:07 #

Mila is working this look. Beautiful!

9. Hannah October 27, 2010 at 05:21 #

Wow. That Michael Kors is delicious! its a pity it is in black.

10. Ev October 27, 2010 at 04:51 #

I would really like to see Milla Jovovich in BDOTW poll. She’s on fire!!!

11. Cristina October 27, 2010 at 04:21 #

I want everyone to swap dresses. Halle, you take Milla’s and Minnie takes Halle’s and Milla takes Minnie’s. There–all better.

12. pipsqueak October 27, 2010 at 02:49 #

I love every look on the second row, particularly Diane. Jennifer’s gown doesn’t stand out as much, but I’m thrilled to see her on the red carpet. She’s such a gifted actress and I loved her in Winter’s Bone.

13. Linda October 27, 2010 at 02:19 #

Milla Jovovich up for BDOTW, please. She looks absolutely divine in that orange and the way she works that dress is killer.

Mila Kunis looks great too. I don’t even mind the black shoes.

Halle – boring.

14. Claudia October 27, 2010 at 01:38 #

that was harsh on Halle.. I love the dresses but lately I don’t feel to excited about them, I think that some actresses just don’t have the attitude to wear this outfits..

15. Abby October 27, 2010 at 00:41 #

I like Halle in this look. I think Halle has a hott new man and wants to show off her hott body too..AMEN!

16. mol October 27, 2010 at 00:40 #

Busy day F.C. – I can hardly keep up! I love Mila Jovovich’s dress. I also love Diane Lanes Michael Kors resort dress, and as handsome as hubby is, I wish we could have seen it without him obscuring the interesting side pocket. Minnie looks yummy too, she’s done a great job on the RC recently.

17. Ethne Blist October 27, 2010 at 00:18 #

Mila Kunis might not have a stylist but if she does, they should be fired. Mila looks great, but the pumps are BLACK. Minnie Driver has been smokin’ lately and I dunno who started the fire. Milla Jovovich looks stunning (she always does-but in her own way), and has the attitude to pretty much pull off anything. I wish Jennifer kept the runway strawberry color, because then we can appreciate the structure and detail better.