Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – Glamour Reel Moments

Normally it takes me a while to start loving drastic hair colour changes on actresses, but I fell in love Jessica Biel’s darker ‘do straight away.

After her greasy phase of 2008/9, I’m all for change when it comes to Biel.

This colour makes her look more sophisticated and elegant.

It looks like A listers are moving away from the ombre trend already.

Last night in LA, the Glamour Reel Moments event celebrated Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes and Rachel Weisz’ directorial debuts at the Directors Guild of America.

Jessica looked very chic wearing an Oscar de la Renta Resort 2011 ensemble.

Her look included a black lace and crinkle chiffon ruffled short sleeve blouse, paired with a black lace flutter skirt which has an embroidered waistband.

Exposed bras don’t really work for me, but I’m not hugely put off by it on this occasion.

Black peep-toes and a Ferragamo clutch complete the look.

What do you think about the new hair colour?

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Carey Mulligan In Giles - 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

Carey Mulligan In Giles – 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

Thandie Newton In Calvin Klein – “For Colored Girls” New York Premiere

Thandie Newton In Calvin Klein – “For Colored Girls” New York Premiere

23 Responses to Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – Glamour Reel Moments

1. Idealist October 26, 2010 at 18:04 #

Jessica just continues to hit the red carpet lookin like a old lady! Her wardrobe always ages her tremendously. She’s too young & beautiful 2 alwys look so drab…

2. robbie October 26, 2010 at 18:06 #

love the new hair style, but she still manages to make clothes look boring. gorgeous on the runway but on her its a no no.

3. biskich October 26, 2010 at 18:15 #

Biel is not my most favourite red carpet beauty, but this outfit is just elegant and gorgeous on her figure.

While I’m quite with you on the ombre hair colour. The hair here ruins it for me. Not the style, just the color. Even on close up, I’m not sure where the hair ends and the ensemble begins.

4. Elena October 26, 2010 at 18:19 #

She looks like Angelina Jolie here!

5. Rach October 26, 2010 at 18:55 #

I’m not really sold on the colour – I think it’s a bit flat, needs some highlights or something (sorry, I’m not a hair expert) to bring it to life a little more! It also makes her look a fair bit older.

As for the dress… pretty enough. But Biel could go out wearing an ensemble fit for Gaga and still make it look boring. Sorry!

6. Ethne Blist October 26, 2010 at 19:04 #

Black pump intervention! She needed a pop of color.

7. Elisa Contardi October 26, 2010 at 19:10 #

she just looks sooo old….
    the hair colour, the dress, nothing is helping her.
    the dress is, of course, beautiful, but she just looks like she was 40 and insipid.

8. dee October 26, 2010 at 20:09 #

She looks very pretty.

9. Hannah October 26, 2010 at 20:23 #

I would adore the hair colour if the eyebrows matched. I really dont like this dress on her though. it is unflattering and it is too elaborate.

10. Maggy October 26, 2010 at 20:39 #

LOVE the hair!

11. LUCY GOOSY October 26, 2010 at 21:00 #

I don’t hate the look…..but I don’t love it either…something is missing, she should have put her hair up a bit….but then she wanted to show off her new hair color. As a young Hollywood actress she needs to have the ZING factor that makes people say “WOW!! She looks great” and this black number fails on many levels. Remember this event took place at the L.A. Chateau Marmont and it had the feeling of a premiere…. (my invite must have got lost in the mail). If she wanted to wear a dress with a little more piazza she could have picked from:
    OSCAR DE LA RENTA RESORT 2011
    -LOOK 8 of 55 on Dorothea Barth Jorgensen (minus the hat of course)
    -LOOK 13 of 55 on Marike Le Roux
    -LOOK 21 of 55 on Ginta Lapina
    -LOOK 26 of 55 on Madisyn Ritland
    -LOOK 42 of 55 on Jacquelyn Jablonski (my personal favourite, her new dark hair would have looked amazing in this dress.)
    -LOOK 45 of 55 on Ginta Lapina (wear this dress if you really want to make a statement)

12. Mariana B. Albertini October 26, 2010 at 21:36 #

it’s impossible for her to look ugly, but i think she looks way better with the old amazing blond hair.

13. Bella October 26, 2010 at 23:25 #

The main reason why she went darker is for a moving she is currently filming, but her hair was that ombre look before this color.

I think the color washes her out and makes her look older (she looks older to begin with in my opinion, and it just doesn’t work for me.
    I would like this dress/look on somebody else, somebody else could work this. She just doesn’t pull it off and makes it look drab for me. I think she has that drab effect a lot. Plus with the darker hair and dark dress, nothing pops. Maybe a up-do would have made it better. Overall her / this look is a no for me.

14. Sharon October 26, 2010 at 23:55 #

No matter the color, her hair is always flat. I know long hair is the in thing, but I wish she’d cut hers to see if she’d get some volume. The dress is wonderful, but I just don’t see Jessica in ruffles. She’s very pretty and I wish she’d find the right look for her.

• hally October 27, 2010 at 11:18 #

i think short hair would not work with her face tho. i think she just needs to style it better.

15. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 00:10 #

LOVE her hair colour. Totally suits her and I think she should seriously consider making this permanent.
    The dress is nice enough but I love her hair here

16. Ruth October 27, 2010 at 00:13 #

Hair color is hot, but I wish the length were a teensy bit shorter. Or maybe I just love how flouncy it looks on the runway. Haha, someone who follow behind her with a mini-fan and create the effect ;)

17. Ruth October 27, 2010 at 00:13 #

*should follow

18. mikeijames October 27, 2010 at 08:08 #

of all of the oscar looks she’s worn, this looks the best on her, but that hemline does not flatter her

19. Emi October 27, 2010 at 10:15 #

I really like this look, she’s so chic. I prefer her as a brunette, she’s classier.

20. hally October 27, 2010 at 11:20 #

i actually like this quite a bit! and i like the new dark hair too! but she does always seem to age herself, and with her body and beauty and connections she really has no excuse for not always looking at LEAST this good!

21. JJovana3 October 27, 2010 at 16:43 #

She looks so old. That dark hair aged her minimum 10 years.

22. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 03:32 #

Jessica is already dull, unexciting, and boring. Now, she has the hair to match.
    I love the dress, but again, she bores me. Maybe if the dress were shorter, she wouldn’t look so old.