Janet Jackson In Haider Ackermann – “For Colored Girls” New York Premiere

I’m sure I am not the only one who had bookmarked this Haider Ackermann Spring 2011 look for Tilda Swinton.

Instead Janet Jackson wore it last night for the New York Premiere of “For Colored Girls”.

It took me a while to find good picture of Janet, because she looked really bad in all of them, so I had to concede it wasn’t the pictures but Janet herself that was making this look so bad.

The pants are too long, the leather belt sits too high and doesn’t look good over the jacket and why oh why is she wearing a chiffon train with this look?

For an effortless look she totally over complicated it.

I’m heartbroken.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

Carey Mulligan In Giles - 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

Carey Mulligan In Giles – 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

23 Responses to Janet Jackson In Haider Ackermann – “For Colored Girls” New York Premiere

1. gossip_bangkok October 26, 2010 at 16:03 #

a big no.. sad.. I really liked the runway look :(

2. GustavoMex October 26, 2010 at 16:10 #

everything is a mess!!! she doesn´t have an stylist?? …a mirror??… a friend??…scissor for to cut that pants and that train??

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2010 at 16:33 #

I say no to all of the above LOL :D

3. Ethne Blist October 26, 2010 at 16:13 #

With pants, always have them tailored so we can see a bit of the shoes!

4. Vidhya October 26, 2010 at 16:16 #

where did the train come from??? is it part of any of the runway looks????

5. dee October 26, 2010 at 16:24 #

The top is part is fine but the bottom that messes up everything. The pants are too long and baggy. The train is unnecessary and does nothing for the look.

6. Avi October 26, 2010 at 16:29 #

I think it’s best we just pretend this didn’t happen. Where are the Men in Black when I need them?

• Rebecca October 26, 2010 at 16:39 #

Great comment! I do love the top, even on her–she looks fine from the armpit up.

7. Dorian Gray October 26, 2010 at 16:33 #

There’s just one thing I appreciate here: her wonderful smile.

8. fashion-mommy October 26, 2010 at 17:04 #

Lets be honest – its the crotch your can’t move your eyes from – this is such a bad look, but on the plus side – her hair and make up look flawless.

• Lara October 26, 2010 at 19:56 #

Totally agree. Hair and make up are among the best I’ve seen on her.

9. Moxie October 26, 2010 at 18:15 #

Another contender for Worst Dressed of the Year.

10. anne October 26, 2010 at 18:41 #

I believe this looks are only made for tall people. I’m sure she could’ve found something better to flatter her figure….anything would have been better.

11. LUCY GOOSY October 26, 2010 at 19:25 #

WHAT A MESS!! OK how would I have fixed this tragedy! The top half looks good but the bottom half is a disaster. I would select the red floor length skirt LOOK 31 of 33 from the Haider Ackermann Spring 2011 (via model Debora Muller) and make it petite proportion to Janet Jackson 5 4” frame. The color does match the red color blocking on her top. Then I would change her hair styles to something softer but still hard….the hairstyles from Prada Spring 2010 collection are a start…..the look on Jordan Dunn (LOOK 22 of 41) would look good with the soft movement of the skirt.

12. Badaboum October 26, 2010 at 19:46 #

I saw the picture and thought:
    Wow! Great! Oh….ok….well. No.
    I love Janet but I am going to try to forget she wore that outfit and decided to have pictures taken wearing this.

13. Sharon October 27, 2010 at 00:04 #

Such a beautiful face and so good from the waist up. Too bad she didn’t have a full-length mirror.

14. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 00:12 #

Gobsmacked at how bad she looked, and this is Janet Jackson so Im even more surprised

15. mikeijames October 27, 2010 at 08:09 #

i love haider and i love janet. and i TRIPLE love her for loving haider. but this didn’t work. i’d love to see her in the look that opened the spring/summer 2011 collection……

16. Emi October 27, 2010 at 10:19 #

She looks beautiful, and, most of all, happy, which is the best thing but let’s admit it…she doesn’t have sense of style.

17. Alicat October 27, 2010 at 13:30 #

I like the top and jacket, but from the waist down it gets progressively worse. The chiffon train is superfluous and I do not understand its function. Is she trying to use it as a sort of camouflage to make her bottom half look slimmer? Who knows?

18. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 03:47 #

Isn’t Janet like 5 foot 2?
    This looks so good on the runway.
    When you have palazzo pants like this, you must wear them tailored and just high enough so that your shoes peek out. Having the pants puddled on the floor makes you look shorter. And, she didn’t need the train. The outfit already has enough going on.

19. Susan Richards January 17, 2011 at 20:17 #

I have to disagreee with a few of the comments aon here. Janet’s version is much better than the runway model version. The outfit is more refined and chic on Janet. The runway model looks sloppy, the shirt is puffy on the runway model, Janet’s look is more tailored. I think colors look beautiful on her. Janet makes the outfit look more sophisticated and elegant. The model look is clearly more “grudge chic”. Two completely different styles. I like the belt placed higher because it completes the waistline on Janet on the model, it appears as if she’s too skinny for the outfit. I guess the critic who wrote this like super skinny model clothing, well wake-up! Geeesh!

20. mimi February 28, 2011 at 03:38 #

if that gaga can walk around wearing meat and looking a total disaster and people think that is fashion then janet can damn well wear long pants