Carey Mulligan In Giles – 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

My first thought when I saw Carey Mulligan in this Giles Resort 2011 dress at the 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala was, “How can Shia LaBeouf end his relationship with Carey when she’s 5 months pregnant?”

Her maroon draped Giles dress is incredibly unflattering, but I’m hoping it’s just the angle of the photo.

Either way me no likey as the dress does nothing for her.

A matching maroon clutch and violet Roger Vivier peep-toes complete this forgettable look.

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Janet Jackson In Haider Ackermann - "For Colored Girls" New York Premiere

Janet Jackson In Haider Ackermann – “For Colored Girls” New York Premiere

Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – Glamour Reel Moments

Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – Glamour Reel Moments

30 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Giles – 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala

1. Hermione Weasley October 26, 2010 at 17:06 #

I love the hair and the make-up, here. Even the color of the dress look great on her. I would have probably liked the dress too if she had worn a different pair of shoes… fierce heels would have saved the look for me.

2. Sabrina October 26, 2010 at 17:16 #

FC, the shoes were electric blue, maybe Loubotin Very Galaxy Heels?

3. ber October 26, 2010 at 17:19 #

From the front, it isn’t flattering at all, but I love the look from the side: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8053/careye.jpg

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2010 at 17:21 #

still doesn’t work for me unfortunatley

4. dee October 26, 2010 at 17:25 #

This dress makes her look like she is expecting. It does nothing for her. The shoes are boring too.

5. Hisadora October 26, 2010 at 17:33 #

God, why does she dress like if she was 60? Helen Mirren would love this dress. Just saying… Put some Blake Lively and Megan Fox atittude on her, please!!!!!!!

6. Rebecca October 26, 2010 at 17:42 #

Belt?

7. Pati October 26, 2010 at 17:59 #

This dress is a proper choice for a 50 year old, not for such a young and beautiful girl as Carey…..

• Lee Ann October 26, 2010 at 22:07 #

Sorry as a 50 plus year old I take offence. I would not wear this dress.

• Pati October 27, 2010 at 09:46 #

I´m terribly sorry, did not mean any offence… The only thing I was trying to say was that I find this look way too conservative for her age…

• Lee Ann October 27, 2010 at 10:22 #

Don’t worry. I was being slightly cheeky. I think we should raise the age for conservative dress to 80-having said that if you ever meet Joan Burstein of Browns I think we would have to up it to 90-remember 50 is the new 35!!

8. robbie October 26, 2010 at 18:04 #

she looks so grab and dull looking, she actually looks like she has a cold please someone give her a nice warm bowl of chicken noodle soup.

9. Shruti October 26, 2010 at 18:14 #

The dress is ill-fitted and unflattering but I like the colour on her. What I totally love is the make-up. It’s minimal but beautifully done.

10. Rach October 26, 2010 at 18:56 #

Oh FC! – “How can Shia LaBeouf end his relationship with Carey when she’s 5 months pregnant?” Gold! I actually guffawed.

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2010 at 19:05 #

;). Lol

11. Ethne Blist October 26, 2010 at 19:04 #

Should’ve kept the runway color!

12. mol October 26, 2010 at 20:03 #

Besides the ill-fit of this (which i think could have been cured somewhat by bringing the whole dress up from the shoulders so it doesn’t fall quite so low), I like Carey here, her hair and makeup, shoe choice and the color of the dress. She’s always going to look older (and to me more sophisticated) than her chronological years – she just seems quite serious, slightly playful, awfully smart and not really into any kind of overt sexuality, which immediately sets her aside from the vast majority of those her age – IMO only ; )

• Sabrina October 26, 2010 at 20:16 #

I totally agree. So much bitterness here.

13. Hannah October 26, 2010 at 20:26 #

I wish this was forgettable, but I have an inklign that this i sgoign to be scourning my memories for quite a while.
    For me she looks more after-birthh than pregnant with her kate hudson -esque post-labour hair and makeup.
    She could have at least worn a (better) bra.

14. sonia October 26, 2010 at 21:23 #

she should be wearing the sunglasses too to “cover” a night-without-rest!

15. Sharon October 26, 2010 at 23:58 #

Finally she smiles and she’s wearing a baggy dress that even this old lady wouldn’t wear. Poor Carey.

16. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 00:11 #

It is really unflattering and Carey doesnt get me excited on the red capret anymore.

17. asherlev1 October 27, 2010 at 00:48 #

Awww. I love Carey so maybe I’m biased~ but I love the colour of the dress, and at least from shoulders up she looks amazing.

18. Cristina October 27, 2010 at 04:34 #

Maybe not the most flattering cut, but I love the color and I love that she’s giving us something different from the Prada-prim-and-proper she usually rocks. This languid sexiness, nothing too obvious or overt, is a nice change. Maybe she’ll come closer to nailing it next time. Fingers crossed.

19. nicky October 27, 2010 at 09:07 #

im bias here but i like tht carey experiments with different shape dresses and she;s going for more colour now! the dress isnt flattering but the colour is pretty. i love her electric blue heels as well. she does look a bit tired though

20. Alicat October 27, 2010 at 13:24 #

Hey, she’s smiling and actually looks animated in the photo. That’s a huge improvement! The dress is blah, but I never like any of her choices. I admit that I do not appreciate or understand her sense of style.

21. JJovana3 October 27, 2010 at 17:00 #

Ugly dress on the model, ugly on Carey. Plain ugly dress.

22. mochababe73 October 28, 2010 at 03:41 #

Let’s get real. The dress is unequivocably ugly. Helen Mirren wouldn’t dare get caught in this monstrosity of a dress.
    I have officially given up on Carey Mulligan. The woman is just a lost cause.