Julianne Moore In Lanvin – “The Kids Are Alright” London Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore walked the red carpet at the 2010 London Film Festival for “The Kids Are Alright” Premiere tonight.

Julianne becomes the second actress after Blake Lively to wear a look from the Lanvin Spring 2011 collection.

I loved the olive and forest green two tone dress on the runway and I hoped someone would do it justice on the red carpet and make me love it even more.

Unfortunately Julianne doesn’t do that.

I’m not sure if it’s the colour combination which is the same as Look 5, the thinner belt, or that fact that Julianne’s dress appears to have more material going down the left hand-side as we as looking at it, but I’m not excited about this look.

In fact I’m quite disappointed by it.

A black bejeweled clutch and black strappy sandals complete her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino - 'Maps To The Stars' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – ‘Maps To The Stars’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Selena Gomez In Zuhair Murad Couture – Justin Timberlake & Friends Concert

Selena Gomez In Zuhair Murad Couture – Justin Timberlake & Friends Concert

31 Responses to Julianne Moore In Lanvin – “The Kids Are Alright” London Film Festival Premiere

1. Ethne Blist October 25, 2010 at 21:22 #

I don’t mind this look, but I would’ve loved to see her in the green runway version, as she is the queen of green.

2. anna October 25, 2010 at 21:32 #

i didn’t like this dress on her either!
    eww

• shubby doo October 26, 2010 at 08:18 #

me too. it’s a very ugly on her… on the model not so much.

3. Gigi October 25, 2010 at 21:42 #

The green would have looked better on her, BUT this looks like a project runway task of marrying a coat to a dress. Somehow looks amateurish and very strange. Maybe it’s the 2 very different fabrics. YUCK.

4. LeeAnn October 25, 2010 at 21:55 #

horrible-its dresses like this that make me not understand why the love for Lanvin

5. Rebecca October 25, 2010 at 22:00 #

Not a fan of the look–I don’t really find it interesting and it certainly isn’t beautiful. This is a good color for Julianne, though she certainly rocks green. But the dress is just ugly.

6. Erik October 25, 2010 at 22:14 #

I’m not sure if these dresses are the same, or if Julianne’s dress was derived from Look 5.. I mean, it totally different; the material, the way it was ‘draped’ and the zipper which is the key element in Look 5 seems to also be missing in Julianne’s dress..

7. john October 25, 2010 at 22:26 #

it is not a secret when a Lanvin dress goes to the red carpet.. it’s most of the time.. horrible.
    she looks ..cheap :S

8. mol October 25, 2010 at 22:36 #

I really quite love the runway look….whereas Julianne’s looks awkward and strange – too bad.

9. kristen October 25, 2010 at 22:48 #

that dress is hideous on the model and Julianne

10. lauren October 25, 2010 at 22:49 #

mr jekyll and mr hyde

11. GustavoMex October 25, 2010 at 22:54 #

i was really really excited when i read Julian Moore in Lanvin, i thought is gonna make me forget the Valentino nightmare, but no!!!! BTW i hate the hair

12. Victor October 25, 2010 at 23:08 #

Seriously, I can count with the fingers of one hand the number of beauties that looked REALLY good with a Lanvin look.. Amazing on the runway, but always strange in the red carpet..

13. sara October 25, 2010 at 23:09 #

i’m so dissapointed, i loved this dress so much in the runway….julianne usually does it well, but not this time.it’s a pity!

14. Hannah October 25, 2010 at 23:25 #

I don tget why people keepcahnging the Lanvin clothes. First Blake now Julianne. Sh ecould have blown me away. the runway presentation, simple hair and makeup. Brown accessories. Why people would want to chagne the collection that has been universally praised as the best of ss2011 I do not know.

15. Alicat October 25, 2010 at 23:51 #

It looks like one half of two different dresses zipped together to make one dress. A very strange look even for Julianne Moore.

16. Elise October 26, 2010 at 00:07 #

OMG what a shame, she totally destroyed the dress, it looked amazing on the runway !
    I’m so disappointed, it doesn’t even look like the same dress!

17. Jarrold October 26, 2010 at 00:38 #

its the extra fabric….

18. Hisadora October 26, 2010 at 00:56 #

On the other hand I don’t hate this look, but I don’t love it either. I think she looks great here :)

19. Vidhya October 26, 2010 at 04:13 #

Lanvin is difficult to wear.. we must give everyone a chance to bomb in it… :D
    i always think of cate blanchett in the red lanvin when a lanvin piece is killed on the red carpet.. it soothes my heart that Lanvin is not unwearable..
    i still hate blake from last week.. holding her dress up.. eww

20. robbie October 26, 2010 at 05:22 #

HIDEOUS!

21. mochababe73 October 26, 2010 at 06:22 #

No one could wear this dress without looking silly. It’s very costume-y. It’s just bad, bad, bad.

• Alicat October 26, 2010 at 12:56 #

You have hit it by saying it’s costume-y. It is like what a single actor could wear playing two parts at the same time. Face one way and it’s one character. Face the other way and it’s the other character. I usually respect Julianne Moore’s choices as she is certainly not mainstream, but this dress is horrible.

• Sharon October 26, 2010 at 22:44 #

I agree, mochababe. It reminds me of the half-man/half-woman costumes in “La Cage Au Folles”. .

22. crazyme97 October 26, 2010 at 10:35 #

i’m a designer. i’m 16… but i love to design a look.
    and this dress it’s the same dress that i was designed back in 2009.

23. Ayesha October 26, 2010 at 11:32 #

i can’t think of anyone who is capable of making this look work,not even the runway color

24. JJovana3 October 26, 2010 at 15:05 #

She should have stuck with the runway version. On her pale skin and red hair, green color is literally made for. I dont understand the alteration of the original garment. I mean, whats the point. I personally like it because I love the split personality aspect in clothes. Lanvin is master of strong feminine designs with masculine traits.

25. Moxie October 26, 2010 at 15:14 #

This is just wrong…

26. Lerros October 26, 2010 at 21:43 #

I think its the picture cause ive seen other picture of her at this event and she looks fantastic. love the color, especially on her. She’s almost 50 and she can pull this kind of intricate dress. Amazing.

27. Marvel October 27, 2010 at 00:21 #

A for effort
    C for excision

28. mikeijames October 27, 2010 at 08:14 #

oh dear. i love that she took a risk, but it just didn’t sit well on the red carpet. this is the perfect outfit for dinner with (admittedly very fashionable) friends, not a movie premiere.