Normally when I see a white gown on the red carpet the “here comes the bride” tune starts playing in my head, but that didn’t happen when I saw Jennifer Lopez glide down the red carpet at the 32nd Anniversary Carousel of Hope Gala.

This is because Jennifer was giving me so much divalious attitude in her Georges Chakra Spring 2010 Couture gown, I could only marvel at how fabulous she looked.

The detail on her white asymmetrical guipure and sequined gown with a tulle train is exquisite.

She always delivers drama on the red carpet. Even though she’s not particularly ‘fashionable’, she’s always fabulous and that’s why I love her.

Her hair and make-up help complete this breath-taking look to which she added a Daniel Swarovski clutch.

It’s gonna take something pretty epic to top this for me this week.

Jennifer couture crush continued when she performed at the event wearing a Zuhair Murad Spring 2010 Couture mini dress.

The silver beaded long sleeve mini dress with nude tulle cut-outs and fringe beading is the perfect performance look for the singer.

The length gives it plenty of sex appeal, whilst the details give it plenty of movement.

Two out of two for Jennifer. She was on fire.

[nggallery id=677]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures, Bauer Griffin & Getty

Halle Berry In YSL - 32nd Anniversary Carousel of Hope Gala

Halle Berry In YSL – 32nd Anniversary Carousel of Hope Gala

Kerry Washington In Costello Tagliapeta – “Night Catches Us” Philadelphia Film Festival Premiere

41 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Georges Chakra Couture & Zuhair Murad Couture – 32nd Anniversary Carousel of Hope Gala

1. Dorian Gray October 25, 2010 at 15:06 #

I love her here but I don’t like her in the latest Gucci Kids ad campaign (the twins are adorable!).
    Did you see the pics FC?

• Fashion Critic October 25, 2010 at 15:11 #

yes I did

2. jadel October 25, 2010 at 15:09 #

simply stunning, the woman looks great, her make up was flawless as well, jlo for sure knows how to turn on the heat. i want to see anyone topping this for best dress of the week

3. roxana October 25, 2010 at 15:11 #

gorgeous

4. dee October 25, 2010 at 15:14 #

She looks great. I really love the George Chakra gown.

5. jadel October 25, 2010 at 15:20 #

the Gucci Kids ad campaign was for charity so i can’t complain and i think they all looked great

i’m shaking head here, jlo is not fashionable? i would like a few names of people who are so i can compare and see what jlo is lacking? that will be interesting…..

• Fashion Critic October 25, 2010 at 15:26 #

by “fashionable” I mean she’s not considered to be cool like Charlotte Gainsbourg or Olivia Palermo.

That’s why I put it in ” ” but I guess that didn’t translate

• jadel October 25, 2010 at 15:40 #

i understand, thank you..

• karen October 26, 2010 at 03:28 #

interesting that you say JLo is not fashionable because she has always been considered fashionable since she came onto the scene. Maybe she’s not quite as cool now because she’s in her 40s but she was very cool before. However, I still think people regard her as fashionable to this day.

• RG October 26, 2010 at 03:55 #

I didn’t quite get why someone will put Jennifer Lopez in the Olivia Palermo category of being “COOL”. The Charlotte Gainsbourg comparison is pretty acceptable. But when I read the “or Olivia Palermo” like REALLY?! The girl is not even accepted in her own turf. But then again, if being COOL means you’re going to be a forgotten creature after two or three years after a silly reality show then by all means Olivia Palermo is way cooler than J.Lo. Come to think of it, no one will be called a DIVA if she’s “cool” And J.Lo is a definite DIVA ranking with Naomi Campbell, Victoria Beckham, Jacqueline De Ribes, Sao Schlumberger. Which comes to the conclusion that the term FABULOUS are only for the TRULY REMARKABLE. And the term “fashionable” are for passing fancies. So yes FC it did translate.

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2010 at 07:39 #

Glad to hear it :)

• Dorian Gray October 25, 2010 at 16:52 #

Her look in the Gucci ad campaign was good but according to me her face was too much retouched with Photoshop.

6. Ethne Blist October 25, 2010 at 15:21 #

I think she made the Zuhair Murad trashy.

7. Beverly October 25, 2010 at 15:31 #

Love how she easily changed from sheer elegance to sexy!

8. Gaber October 25, 2010 at 15:37 #

At first I thought it was just the pose that makes the Chakra trashy, but after looking at the other pictures I’ve decided that it’s Jen.
    I am intrigued by it – but all in all I don’t love it.

9. Angie October 25, 2010 at 15:38 #

I love how she looks in both outfits! Is there anyway you can find out what her lipstick colour and brand is in the Georges Chakra gown? It’s to die for!

10. Joy October 25, 2010 at 15:45 #

I thought the same thing when I read “fashionable”??? But then I tried to imagine what you would have meant and I understand. This dress is Amazing! What a lucky girl to get to wear so many fabulous things. She always rocks it though. Gotta love her!

11. Donna October 25, 2010 at 15:54 #

Good gravy!!! She looks amazing! She gets better with age.

12. jadel October 25, 2010 at 15:58 #

the zuhair pic posted here doesn’t do her any justice, the better pics of that dress are displayed while she’s on the stage rocking it.

and a close up of her make up while wearing the chakra dress is a MUST SEE, it’s flawless, beautiful

13. Vidhya October 25, 2010 at 15:58 #

i would have preferred the dress on someone with darker colouring.. even JLo’s original latino colouring than this whitewashed face she is putting out.. Having said that.. i have to admit my awe and admiration for the work that has gone into these gowns. Both designers know how to bring pure drama to their looks..

14. asherlev1 October 25, 2010 at 16:27 #

*Drools* She does glam like no other.

15. Thaysa October 25, 2010 at 16:35 #

I loved the both looks! She looks gorgeous!

16. bettybrandenburg October 25, 2010 at 16:49 #

I think the white dress is stunning… I gasped and I don’t do that very often (people has a great picture of it on their site, too). BDOTY contender….

17. Ev October 25, 2010 at 16:58 #

Ok, I can live with her in George Chakra dress, even though I don’t like the dress itself and Jen didn’t make me change my mind, its just here. But the second look, gee, it’s horrible! It’s horrible on the model and it’s even worse on Jennifer. It’s too short and way too revealing, even for a stage outfit. Plus her hair are so wrong for this dress. But I like silver against her skin tone.

18. Claudia October 25, 2010 at 17:02 #

I have no word to say other than perfection for this look.. the hair, the make up and the dress are so perfect that it could be BDOTY.

19. Polina October 25, 2010 at 17:40 #

Breathtaking. Period. She ads so much life and attitude to both outfits. Bravo!

• Clover October 25, 2010 at 21:56 #

Agreed! I like them even better now that she’s not doing that terrible half-asleep vacant-eyed “sexy face” she used to always do. Ugh that was horrible.

• Linda October 27, 2010 at 02:50 #

Oh, my gosh, that’s so true. Ha ha. That WAS horrible.

20. Leslie October 25, 2010 at 17:41 #

Jennifer’s Georges Chakra dress is a STUNNER! BDOTW contestant please! I am in love.

21. Hannah October 25, 2010 at 18:17 #

Although she looks beautiful, sh elooks like an uncomfortable Bride for me in the first one. It is jsut too restraining and Bridal on her for me.
    The second one however is amazing. It is soo her, and super sexy without being vulgar, which in a dress like that is quite a feat. It justis NOT fair that she is 40 years old.

22. Karis October 25, 2010 at 19:27 #

Not usually a fan of Jennifer’s style but that Chakra look is divine! BDOTW contender most definately!

• Marvel October 27, 2010 at 00:27 #

Same. I dont really like her style but her Chakra gown looks pretty fab

23. pam October 25, 2010 at 23:21 #

There are better pics of this dress around the web and she looks fantastic. Totally gorgeous and romantic in a Jennifer Lopez fabulous kind of way. #1 for me so far.

24. Alicat October 26, 2010 at 00:25 #

The Georges Chakra gown is divine for a wedding dress. I love it but not on Ms Lopez in this context. I realise the Zuhair Murad is a performance outfit but the cutouts with the ultra short length are bordering on trashy.

25. Sue Jin October 26, 2010 at 00:45 #

She looks amazing. I can see what you mean bout how white dresses aren’t easy to translate onto the redcarpet without being bridal.

But Jennifer pulled it off! And thank you for posting the extra photos! the details on that dress are so beautiful!

26. Louisa October 26, 2010 at 06:04 #

Spectacular!!

27. mochababe73 October 26, 2010 at 06:36 #

I love the first dress but hate her choice of shoes.
    The second dress is perfect for a performance. Jennifer does it again!

28. shubby doo October 26, 2010 at 08:13 #

i love JLo in both outfits. stunning

29. Lisa October 26, 2010 at 14:28 #

She looks amazing super hot sexy dress

30. JJovana3 October 26, 2010 at 15:08 #

This is ridiculous. She made couture look CHEAP. Blows my mind. I dont think JLO ever had much style, but now its getting worse. Her career is technically non-existant so you have to stand out somehow.

31. Sharon October 26, 2010 at 23:07 #

She never fails to make me smile. I love both dresses, but the Chakra is really amazing.