X Factor: Saturday Week 3 – Cheryl Cole In HMH Couture

I was blown away by Cheryl Cole last night on the live X Factor show. Thank god she didn’t make it 3 weeks in a row wearing black.

She was glowing.

The Geordie judge wore a rose pink HMH (Hanna Marie Hutchison) Couture dress which kind of reminded me of her Julien MacDonald dress which she wore on the final of the 2008 show.

This is because they share the same sexy cut-out details around the waist.

I’m sure she picked the pink instead of the blue to complement her plum coloured hair.

During the show I was mesmerized by her de Grisogono globe earrings.

This was definitely my favourite look so far from Cheryl and my first pick for BDOTW.

Credit: HMH Couture Facebook & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

X Factor: Sunday Week 3 – Dannii Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana

X Factor: Sunday Week 3 – Dannii Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana

33 Responses to X Factor: Saturday Week 3 – Cheryl Cole In HMH Couture

1. Hilary October 24, 2010 at 10:45 #

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this last night. Completely and utterly stunning. Suited her new hair perfectly. I’m actually in lust with this look. Thanks SO much for your speedy post on this as I was searching everywhere online trying to ID a designer for the dress!

FC, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on Rebecca Ferguson’s Jessica Rabbit style gown..?

• Fashion Critic October 24, 2010 at 11:02 #

I thought Rebecca looked ridiculous.

She has no presence for a gown like that.

She was lost in it

• Hilary October 24, 2010 at 11:32 #

Phew!! You agree with me! I was surrounded by people last night who adored it! Maybe the likes of Beyonce could have pulled it off, or even TreyC on the show but Rebecca is far too meek.

• Badaboum October 24, 2010 at 14:14 #

Same here! This is what I have been waiting since the beginning of the live shows!
      I wish she would wear the red Halston Cutout Stretch-Silk gown that is in the FC’s favorites on the right-hand side of the site, but maybe not with the red hair…

2. Victoria October 24, 2010 at 10:53 #

Wow. Just wow. My pick for BDOTW too! :D

3. jaynee October 24, 2010 at 11:05 #

Not feeling this at all! The dress looks too big & her hair should have been back! She looks like shes returned to WAGVILLE!

• sara October 24, 2010 at 17:41 #

i agree, i dont’ like her color hair!!and she remind me on jasmine princess with these waves…

4. Vanity kills October 24, 2010 at 12:24 #

Hi there,

Do you happen to know who the designer of Rebecca’s red dress is please?

Loved the dress but hated the wig she seemed to be wearing!x

• Fashion Critic October 24, 2010 at 14:03 #

I don’t sorry

• Hannah October 24, 2010 at 20:50 #

It will should on the x factor website under the fashion by very section by tomorrow (monday). I HATED the wig, what is withall the (unflattering) red hair? Chr looked worse though. Rebecca really cant seem ot own the stage, it is SO frustrating.

• Tamia October 24, 2010 at 21:13 #

The dress is Hardy Amies Couture Archive,babe. Cheryl has really lost her style mojo:(sorry i dont like this..wish I could style her would put her in j.mendel,philip lim and chris benz.

5. Jennifer October 24, 2010 at 13:06 #

Beautiful, but still plain, i still think she has a deal with de Grisogono to make the jewellery the main event in each outfit, as they were last night.. FC, do you know were Belle Amie’s dresses were from last night? I also loved Rebecca from Belle Amie’s 60s dress last week.x

• Fashion Critic October 24, 2010 at 14:02 #

I don’t remember it. Sorry.

• Elaine October 24, 2010 at 17:14 #

I think Look magazine each week shows where each contestant outfits are from (Belle Amie have been wearing alot of Topshop I’ve noticed) so if you can get your hands on a copy of the mag you might have some luck :-)

• Hannah October 24, 2010 at 20:45 #

The x factor website ,under the fashion section (by Very) gives details of where everyones look was from. This usually becomes available on mondays (they put the info up on mondays, I think) :)

6. Lou October 24, 2010 at 13:18 #

Like the colour, but not keen on the style of the dress – I would have preferred the HMH halter neck gown

7. Sidsel October 24, 2010 at 13:19 #

Personally I don’t like the long extentions -reminds me of Miley and Lindsay which is not good…But truely a stunning dress!

8. kim October 24, 2010 at 14:05 #

oh fc this is why we all love fashion,
    BDOTW contendor absolutely.
    breat-taking dress………i am so happy to see this .

• Fashion Critic October 24, 2010 at 15:28 #

absolutely :)

9. michelle October 24, 2010 at 15:14 #

i dont know im ‘meh’ on her gown. * kanyeshrugs with a smile*

10. asherlev1 October 24, 2010 at 15:44 #

I have a feeling I’d appreciate this much more on TV.

11. mochababe73 October 24, 2010 at 15:50 #

I like the dress, but find it too big. The model’s version seems to hug the body more. And, the hair looks sooo fake.
    However…compared to what she’s been wearing the past few weeks, this was much better.

12. Fraser October 24, 2010 at 15:53 #

I am really confused by this one….trying to see what the fuss is but to me her hair extensions look ratty and the way the dress drapes on her ‘hips’ is just horrid! Was this one to see moving perhaps?

And the colour looks like a dust sheet used when painting….sorry FC!

Totally agree on the Dannii front – a VB dress was a nice surprise last week but please go back to the Australian designers!

13. Elaine October 24, 2010 at 17:17 #

Definately best look from Cheryl so far this series. Loved her interview with Piers Morgan after – came across so genuine – made me love her even more!

• Fashion Critic October 24, 2010 at 18:52 #

I agree, but he didn’t ask her any really probing questions.

I understand she was upset, but it was really a wasted interview imo.

14. DC October 24, 2010 at 17:46 #

this is an improvement on the past few weeks…but for me this doesnt warrant BDOTW…the dress isnt amazing ( it’s too big for her)…her hair looks like a wig gone wrong..sorry chezza…must try harder…

15. gorgeous spice October 24, 2010 at 19:26 #

I hate it when her hair is too long. why is she wearing hair etensions. she looks better without them

16. Marvel October 24, 2010 at 19:44 #

LOVE that she has got her ‘mojo’

Cant wait to see what she wears today!!

17. Hannah October 24, 2010 at 20:43 #

I like it, but on the tv screen it looked like her exact skin colour, so all the detailswere lost. Ilikedhte earings, but he rhair should have been pulle dback. The hair is beggining to make me feel nauseous, so Girls aloud circa 2003 (maybe), and her dresswas a little too simple for week 3. I miss the versace atelier of last season. she just is so boring this season for me.

18. Ev October 25, 2010 at 01:01 #

Her earrings is pretty much all good that I can find in this look. Although I appreciate the change of color from black, still it’s not enough to cover that the dress is too big for her and makes her wider in waist and shortens her legs. The ‘miley cyrus’ hair is just awful.

19. moja31 October 25, 2010 at 02:59 #

meh she looks flat chested, and her stomach looks like it’s stretched over her bones rather than toned muscle; not my favorite on her. it just generally looks too big on her.

20. KateS October 25, 2010 at 08:44 #

I’ve never warmed to Cheryl and her big boring pageant hair and perpetual fake smile, so I might be being harsh, but I think the dress is too big and washes her out. Great earrings, though.