22.10.10

2010 Angels Ball – Kim Kardashian In Zac Posen

Kim Kardashian attended the 2010 Angels Ball in New York City last night on her birthday.

The Angel Ball is a fundraising event for Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research and Kim, who lost her father to cancer, was happy to show her support.

The reality TV star showed off her amazing figure wearing a black Zac Posen strapless custom gown.

I’ve was going back and forth on this one for a long while.

Do I love it?

Does it flatter her?

Did she pull it off?

Yes, yes and yes. I finally came to the conclusion that I love it.

It’s dramatic, she’s giving us full on glamour with the jewels, her tousled hair has lots of volume, her body out of control amazing and for once she didn’t over do the make-up.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Who Wore Carven Better? Kim Kardashian or Ciara

Who Wore Carven Better? Kim Kardashian or Ciara

59 Responses to 2010 Angels Ball – Kim Kardashian In Zac Posen

1. Nikki October 22, 2010 at 16:14 #

Ok, I like the hair and makeup but I’m not a fan of the dress…on her. The proportion is wrong and it’s hugging her hips too much, and then there’s the tail. Lovely jewelry! I love that!

• bettybrandenburg October 22, 2010 at 16:28 #

agree on the shape of the dress being all wrong for her. Overall, I find it’s OTT (as she usually is)

• sara October 22, 2010 at 16:51 #

i agree, it’s absolutely unflattering!!and tacky, but i love her necklace.

• Kathy October 22, 2010 at 18:02 #

it really makes her look twice as big :S

• Carolina October 23, 2010 at 15:22 #

Kim is beautiful and sexy. But this dress really makes her look fat (sorry). It’s not working at all. That’s a big pitty because her make is flawless, and the necklace and earrings are amazing. The dress really ruined it.

• Rachel October 22, 2010 at 16:34 #

I agree. Fierce jewelry, but the dress seems to small.

• G October 22, 2010 at 19:38 #

Wholeheartedly agree. She has such an incredible figure, and this dress really doesn’t do it justice.

I do like the jewellery, but even though I know this is Kim Kardashian we’re talking about, I can’t help but wish she’d chosen some subtler earrings that didn’t compete with the necklace quite so much.

2. DREW October 22, 2010 at 16:21 #

love it she looks FLAWLESS

• Ethne Blist October 22, 2010 at 16:31 #

but I don’t think she deserves BDOTW.

3. Elise October 22, 2010 at 16:23 #

I hate this look, the dress doesn’t look good on Kim, the necklace is too much for me and an updo would have been much better !

4. harris October 22, 2010 at 16:24 #

i do not think it’s flattering on her short frame at ALL

• Sarah October 23, 2010 at 09:47 #

Yes I agree..dresses of that style look best on taller girls than Kim. Love it from the necklace up.

5. Laura October 22, 2010 at 16:26 #

I don’t love this look at all. I think Kim looks wider than she is. And the choppiness of the look doesn’t give Kim the curvacious silhouette that works well for her. And the hair doesn’t work well for a gown like this. About the only thing I like is the green jewelry. Great pop of color.

• Leti October 22, 2010 at 16:39 #

Amen!

6. Louisa October 22, 2010 at 16:55 #

NOT everyone has to be a size 0 to be gorgeous.

• Elly October 22, 2010 at 17:36 #

You don’t have to be Size Zero, but everyone should be able to wear a dress that fits properly. This doesn’t. You can flatter curves without puling a dress so tight it ripples as this does. A poor fit can ruin a look, and fir anyone with a stylist who should know better is simply lazy!

• Fashion Critic October 22, 2010 at 17:43 #

The dress was custom-made so any issues you have with it should be directed at Zac Posen and not the stylist.

• Elly October 22, 2010 at 18:07 #

then sadly ZP goes down in my estimation.
          I just think its such a shame to be let down on the simple things, especially when as people say, from the waist up, she looks beautiful.

7. Ev October 22, 2010 at 17:03 #

This dress gives her the wrong proportions, mostly because of the tail. I love her hair, makeup and jewelry is to die for – everything from the hips up is perfect, but the tail is all wrong.

8. JJovana3 October 22, 2010 at 17:47 #

Ummm, lets not sugar coat it, she looks fat. This is not a flattering dress.

• Fashion Critic October 22, 2010 at 17:57 #

I think it’s really unfortunate to call a woman fat.

Kim is not a model nor does she pretend to be. She a curvaceous woman.

My mother and my aunts have this same figure and they are the most beautiful women I know.

I wasn’t brought up in this skinny obsessed society. If anything I was teased for being slim because in my culture to be skinny means you are poor

• Gaber October 22, 2010 at 18:11 #

She is a hooker that doesn’t spread her legs. Well, at least she doesn’t do it if there are no cameras around. She is selling her image, so if she’s not looking good, she has nothing to sell.
        Seriously, what’s her point outside of looking good? (And I am not singling her out – we have MANY people that are known all over the world for the single reason of looking good.)

The close-up is pretty divine, the jewels, the make up, the hair, her skin, the fact that the dress is black – I adore it. And then you see the full picture and it’s really unflattering.
        Too bad.

• ths October 22, 2010 at 19:24 #

it’s not that she is actually fat…
        the dress is gorgeous, but it’s not flattering her figure, so she’s looking heavier than she is, that’s it.

• Moxie October 22, 2010 at 19:44 #

I agree. She’s not fat, she’s curvy. But this dress isn’t doing her any favors. It does not flatter her figure, at least not in this picture.

• michelle October 22, 2010 at 19:54 #

i agree with FC, culturally aswell although i have the opposite problem, becaause although my mother said my shape was desirable, growing up in a society that says that being ‘thin’ is the only thing that is considered attractive lessens your self worth and is a struggle sometimes to feel beautiful. In saying that i like kims jewelry but not the fit of the dress.

• Sharon October 23, 2010 at 22:43 #

What do I have to do to join your culture, FC? I’d look SO wealthy!!

I think Kim looks fine. I especially like her necklace, and the dress is great. It’s just a real departure from her usual bandage dresses.

• Fashion Critic October 24, 2010 at 10:41 #

You have to be African LOL ;) x

• JJovana3 October 25, 2010 at 16:00 #

Im not saying she herself is fat. We see her half-nude in media ALL THE TIME, so certain expectations are there. If something is off, such as this dress, its noticable, im just not the type to beat around the bush, but rather say what I think most thought at first. Again, what I thought personally for a second.

9. OZALES October 22, 2010 at 17:59 #

She defiantly should have worn her up to show it off the jewelry and picked either the earrings or the necklace. Which, I would’ve picked the earrings. Wearing both of them at the same time is just too much. Her makeup is nice.

10. SarahV October 22, 2010 at 18:26 #

I… love it. She seems to have put a little weight back on and it looks wonderful on her.
    Flaunt those curves, Kim!

• Linda October 22, 2010 at 21:46 #

Yes, I agree. She looks very beautiful and the makeup is great.

• Linda October 22, 2010 at 21:47 #

Oh, and it’s a very, very refreshing change for her.

• Luiza October 23, 2010 at 04:47 #

What is the big refreshing change? the dress looks similar to others she has worn before.. difference is that this is not flattering! I’ve seen Kim in bikini pics and she’s not fat at all! but even a skinny girl can look bigger if the dress is wrong! like this one on Kim…

• Linda October 23, 2010 at 17:44 #

The change is that is’s not a bandage dress or a one shouldered mini.

11. b.k.s October 22, 2010 at 18:28 #

her necklace is breathtaking. Her face looks flawless. BUT………from the neck down she looks as if she’s been vertically squashed, and horizontally wide, as if the picture has not been printed correctly.

• Moxie October 22, 2010 at 18:51 #

Yes! She looks squashed and wider. Not a flattering look, IMO.

12. Stacey October 22, 2010 at 18:58 #

I have no issues with curvy women, but this dress is doing her no favors. She has recently looked great wearing several glamorous gowns that really flattered her (for example, her white Marchesa gown from the Emmy’s and her red Georges Hobeika gown from a different event). But this dress just looks… bad.

• Juliana October 22, 2010 at 19:34 #

totally agree. she is a gorgeous woman. the dress isn’t doing any justice for her, it’s just a really bad dress.

13. Lee Ann October 22, 2010 at 19:03 #

Awful. I’m all for curvy but she looks unhealthy. She lacks elegance.

14. Nadia October 22, 2010 at 19:33 #

It’s a beautiful dress and she’s a beautiful girl but I don’t think it’s the right dress for her.

15. Hisadora October 22, 2010 at 20:49 #

I don’t like to judge people. I really don’t. That’s why I like every look is posted here, not because the fact that I don’t like to judge but the fact that my taste is compared to that. And here Kim is wearing a gorgeous gown with fantastic jewelry and with her face she could have arrived there with a simple Alexander Wang tee and VB jeans she could have looked amazing! Don’t blame her for some looks she wears people… tastes are tastes and some can be very different you know…

16. Taylor October 22, 2010 at 21:18 #

I like this look from the waist up… beautiful jewelries and nice soft curls, but the dress eek. Even with a statement necklace like that all I could focus on is her crotch area. The dress is definitely too tight.

17. ahot October 22, 2010 at 21:38 #

well i just want those jewels!!

18. Marvel October 22, 2010 at 22:23 #

Im LOVING the overpowering jewellary but hate the dress

19. Chiara October 22, 2010 at 23:26 #

I don’t have any problems with her body, but seriously I think Kim K doesn’t dress/wears her hair or make-up like a 30 years old woman… She looks more like she’s way into her 40…

20. Gretta October 23, 2010 at 00:05 #

I have a figure of 8 shape like Kim and I would never wear this cut of dress. Very very unflattering. She looks a lot bigger than she is.

21. Sue Jin October 23, 2010 at 00:21 #

I agreeee
    She looks gorgeous! FOr once she doesnt super thick makeup on. I love it!

THe dress doesn’t flattter her body. I just like the look from the waist up. The jewelry is amazing. Just amazing!

22. Alicat October 23, 2010 at 01:17 #

This is a fashion site so commenting on the fashion choices and styling of women who put themselves in the public eye is what happens here. Sometimes this can be interpreted as a judgment of the personal value of the woman, but it is not. I find this look very unflattering on KK as it widens and shortens her. It does not suit her body type. Of course, that is just my opinion for what it’s worth. I am sure KK thought she looked great to have worn this gown!

23. Karina October 23, 2010 at 03:40 #

The dress itself is gorgeous, but defenitely doesn’t fit her body shape!! she looks fat!!

24. kiwi October 23, 2010 at 08:22 #

I fainted seeing a comment calling her fat, shes got curves folks. Having said that I do not like the style of this dress.. the jewellery is also a bit much

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2010 at 09:27 #

I know I was very shocked and disappointed by that too

• Luiza October 23, 2010 at 14:28 #

C’mon! She LOOKS fat in THIS DRESS! whats the big deal? no one’s said she is fat. and that’s a common opinion for most of people here! her curves are not being reproved! you’re getting judgemental about others’ opinion! .. that’s a bad thing! what are the comments for then?

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2010 at 18:51 #

Are you serious? Are you really serious?

I gave my opinion on someone else’s opinion. That is what the reply function is for.

I wasn’t being judgmental. You are totally confused on what opinion and judgment means.

25. Emi October 23, 2010 at 10:51 #

First of all I don’t like the dress. It’s hard to judge from the photo, but I don’t like the fabric; it also seems to need to be ironed. The jewels are too much, typical american jewels which I really dislike. I like the hair and the make up because she doesn’t look trashy as always. I think it’s a little bit mean to call her fat, because she’s not fat, but we can’t use the politically correct word “curvaceous” for every woman who actually is overweight. I’ve never read about a curvaceous man, anyway.

26. CASS October 23, 2010 at 12:13 #

Take away the two fins on the side and I would agree that she looks stunning.

27. Shirley October 23, 2010 at 12:37 #

I know she got curve but this dress is really unflattering. She doesn’t have the edge or elegance to carry that dress.

28. mochababe73 October 23, 2010 at 12:45 #

I love it. She looks great and is a departure from what she usually wears. I think that the dress could have been let out a little more. But the hair, style, make-up, and necklace make up for it.

29. amber October 23, 2010 at 22:30 #

amazing jewelry. other than that, the look is a mess. just not flattering on her.

30. CreoleLady October 24, 2010 at 00:37 #

Zac Posen goes down a bit in my estimation also for this custom-made gown. The fit and finish of this dress does not flatter esp compared to the red hot Hobeika and that marvelous white Marchesa. It is not Kim’s curves that are the problem. This gown looks OK; I have definitely seen worse looks on Kim, lol. Still, disappointing. Love the lighter touch with the makeup, though.