On The Gossip Girl Set With Blake Lively Carrying A Be & D Genesis Satchel

Yesterday Blake Lively was spotted on the set of Gossip Girl sporting an ensemble we’re not used to seeing on Serena van der Woodsen.

Her striped Band of Outsiders blazer, plaid shirt, Joie Buella plaid shorts and loose Brooks Brothers tie all scream school girl, which she accessorizes with wool tights, two tone Rag & Bone brogues and a Be & D Genesis satchel.

It’s not quite “Hit Me Baby One More Time”, but its enough to get male pulses racing.

I personally think that their is too much going on with the plaid, the stripes and the squares.

I’m sure it will look great on TV, but for now she looks ridiculous.

Credit: PacificCoastNews

20th Annual Environmental Media Awards - Eva Mendes In Lela Rose

20th Annual Environmental Media Awards – Eva Mendes In Lela Rose

In Maggie Gyllenhaal's Closet - Lanvin Scuba Dress

In Maggie Gyllenhaal’s Closet – Lanvin Scuba Dress

13 Responses to On The Gossip Girl Set With Blake Lively Carrying A Be & D Genesis Satchel

1. sara October 21, 2010 at 22:31 #

i always think the same!!some outfit of blair for example seem ridiculous in photos but fantastic in tv, why?i don’t know.
    this outfit will be sure another example. for me the shirt and the tie sholud be removed..the rest is so cute!!

2. Hannah October 21, 2010 at 22:52 #

It is the shoes adn tights (combination or both individually) that really irritate me. Oh well, at least they burshed her hair.

3. Marvel October 21, 2010 at 22:53 #

A bit too much of a weird look for me and not even my girl can rock this look. It looks like she is still at school when her character is supposedly at college.

4. Hisadora October 21, 2010 at 23:29 #

The only thing working here is the blazer, the rest is super confusing!!! I love her ponytail and the bag too… awesome!

5. Ju Aquino October 21, 2010 at 23:30 #

I think she could leave the tie and add a cool silver necklace for instance.
    Wouldnt look perfect but definitely better.
    Love the bag!!!

• Ju Aquino October 21, 2010 at 23:32 #

*i meant lose the tie, not leave lol

6. mochababe73 October 22, 2010 at 00:47 #

As usual, the Gossip Girl stylist has overdone it. As much as I love the blazer, it and the tied need to be taken off. She can get a shot of color via the handbag (ie. a different color).

7. Alicat October 22, 2010 at 01:03 #

Too many patterns and textures going on at once. It doesn’t look cool or edgy. It looks ridiculous to quote FC. Those horrible textured, grey tights paired with brogues bring back awful memories of winter school uniforms when we used to hitch up our skirts to try and improve our look. It didn’t work then and the short shorts don’t work here. Yuck!

8. b October 22, 2010 at 08:56 #

10 bucks on the scene being a flashback.

this is definitely highschool/boarding school Serena.

9. Anna October 22, 2010 at 15:37 #

clown-like

10. Emma October 22, 2010 at 17:26 #

Love the bag but it is NOT the Be & D Genesis Satchel. It’s the Be & D Garrison Satchel from the fall 2010 collection

11. perfumeorpoison October 23, 2010 at 10:43 #

what irritates me is the fact that you can see she has another pair of tights underneath there wool ones (they are wrinkled!). other than that i’m just happy her hair is combed. :)

12. Sharon October 23, 2010 at 23:06 #

This outfit is just awful. I can’t imagine anything other than heavy gauze over the TV camera that would make it better.