Kourtney Kardashian’s Obsession – Turbans

Being a Kardashian I would imagine it’s hard to stand out, so one has to try that much harder.

Kourtney Kardashian has been catching my eye recently as she “Takes New York” with her sisters, because she been sporting some very interesting head-wear.

The mother of one has been wearing two different types of turbans. The full hat and headband style.

I believe Kourtney’s bold fashion statement didn’t go down to well with her twitter followers because she defending herself saying, “Everyones hating my turban look…just having a little fashion fun in New York! It’s not that serious.”

Did she get inspiration from Style.com?

Turbans featured in many Spring 2011 runway shows.

In New York Jason Wu and Vena Cava presented models wearing turbans, as did Issa in London, Giorgio Armani in Milan and Andrew Gn sent models down the runway with a few variations of the turban in Paris.

Many would be skeptical about wearing a turban, but not Shala Monroque who’s been wears turbans as part of her everyday wardrobe.

This piece can be hard to pull off.

Will you be following this trend?

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures and Bauer Griffin

In Mary-Louise Parker's Closet - ALICE by Temperley Mara Leather Shift Dress

In Mary-Louise Parker’s Closet – ALICE by Temperley Mara Leather Shift Dress

20th Annual Environmental Media Awards - Eva Mendes In Lela Rose

20th Annual Environmental Media Awards – Eva Mendes In Lela Rose

22 Responses to Kourtney Kardashian’s Obsession – Turbans

1. sara October 21, 2010 at 18:31 #

omg is the same girl in both photos :o, i prefer the first one of course.these sister should be taught how to use make up, specialy the concealer!

2. GustavoMex October 21, 2010 at 18:40 #

OMG, the makeup makes miracles!!! hahaha, i think is not the same girl

• Marvel October 21, 2010 at 22:54 #

I honestly thought the same thing!!

3. Ethne Blist October 21, 2010 at 19:07 #

I wear turbans all the time. I don’t care about the looks I get. At least I am confident and am having fun with fashion. Jeweled turbans are stunning. I got one from Turkey recently.

4. Shruti October 21, 2010 at 19:31 #

Teeheehee :P

5. Jarrold October 21, 2010 at 19:41 #

I have loved turbans since Prada 2007. One one does it like Shala

6. Estranged October 21, 2010 at 20:04 #

I actually think she doesn’t look that bad. Compared to Salma’s, her turbans don’t look riddiculous. Still, I think they should not be presented off the runways.

7. nicole October 21, 2010 at 20:32 #

sorry to say she looks hideous in both pics. the issa turban look is my fav.

8. michelle October 21, 2010 at 20:36 #

i wear turbans and headscarnes all the time, even before they became de rigeur. on kourtney i think it looks contrived, like she is trying too hard to be fashionable. everything is not for everybody.

9. robbie October 21, 2010 at 21:01 #

cant people are actually giving her grief over the turbans, they look quite cute. although turbans always make me think of the professor marvel from the wizard of oz.

10. SarahV October 21, 2010 at 21:09 #

No, I think turbans are very unflattering on most people, including Kourtney…

11. ~**juDee**~ October 21, 2010 at 21:35 #

I love them. Ever since I laid my eyes on Catherine Baba I’ve wanted a turban. It’s probably been about a year and I still haven’t managed to find one that I love-love yet. I will still continue the search though. I think they’re such a fabulous fashion accessory. So much so that whoever wears them oozes confidence. They’re so transforming in a good way. I cannot wait to find one and then slowly but surely start a collection

12. Editors at Style Section LA October 21, 2010 at 22:08 #

kardashian or not, we think turbans are hot hot hot!

13. mochababe73 October 22, 2010 at 00:50 #

That first picture doesn’t even look like her.
    I don’t like turbans, and I have yet to see one that looks good on anyone.

• SarahV October 22, 2010 at 12:55 #

It is her though, a bad picture plus she lost a lot of weight recently…

14. Alicat October 22, 2010 at 03:55 #

The only time I wear anything akin to a turban is when I wrap the towel around my head after washing my hair. And in the bathroom in private is where this look will stay in my life.

15. Emi October 22, 2010 at 16:12 #

I’m not a fan of turbans, but I like the headband version, cute. I don’t know…I often think about Gloria Swanson in “Sunset Boulevard” when I see a woman wearing a turban.

16. Haya Zidan October 22, 2010 at 19:01 #

LOVE IT!!!! absolutely i’ll wear this trend :D <3

17. vanessa October 23, 2010 at 15:50 #

haha i think if youre having a bad hair day then go wear it otherwise dont wear it

18. Sharon October 23, 2010 at 23:13 #

Women who have lost their hair due to illness have been wearing turbans for years. It’s nice to see some celebrities helping to make it an acceptable fashion accessory.

19. Jess October 25, 2010 at 17:53 #

I’ve worn turbans for years, I love them. Such an easy elegance to them. I do get funny looks in them, but don’t care. Catherine Baba is of course a pro turban wearer, very inspirational. Last week I got a new turban ready for winter, in a gorgeous dark red velvet, can’t wait to wear it!

20. sara khamees January 26, 2013 at 11:33 #

Woooow kourtney in the first photo looks too awesome but the make up made her too ugly :( but I really likkkke her turbaaaan omg omg *crying*