Anne Hathaway For Vogue US November 2010

I was totally blown away when I saw Anne Hathaway on the cover of American Vogue’s November 2010 issue.

She looks every inch the perfect cover girl. You just can’t fault her.

In her editorial we see her wearing many gowns I wish she’d saved for the red carpet, but we all know when she finally does hit the red carpet she’s almost guaranteed to blow us away.

She wears a burgundy Oscar de la Renta gown on the cover and a white silk-faille eyelet embroidered dress with beaded bow in the editorial which also sees her wearing Isaac Mizrahi, Carolina Herrera, Vera Wang and Marchesa.

Anne’s editorial featured Resort 2011 looks, so I found it very surprising that Vogue had used that well worn Miu Miu Fall 2010 embellished dress in this editorial, considering it has appeared on every magazine cover worldwide from the UK, to Australia to Japan and considering Vogue prides itself on being the industry leader and not a follower.

Anne’s appearance in the Vogue coincides with her new movie “Love and Other Drugs” which is out on November 24.

Here are some extracts from her interview:

On her nude scenes in Love and Other Drugs: “This movie certainly has a lot of nerve . . . Oy. I hope that audiences are OK with all the nerve. These are people who have no trouble taking their clothes off – in a way, their bodies are their currency . . . but they’re terrified of exposing their vulnerability, of becoming emotionally naked.”
On her famous breakup with Raffaello Follieri: “Gosh, I hate talking about the breakup, because I don’t want it to define me, but as is to be expected, there were a lot of lingering trust issues. And I think that making a film about trust that required a great deal of trust – well, it was a challenge to get there.”
Anne’s dealbreakers in a relationship: “Uh . . . fraud? I still believe that people are good. What I’m not so trusting about anymore is their relationship to their own goodness.”
Anne on her new approach to dating: “When I begin a relationship, there’s that pressure to be the most, to be more comfortable and open than anyone else. When you finally realize that you can just be your own scared, f*cked-up self and that you can still be sexy without trying to be, it’s such a great relief. When uncondensed you is enough.”
On her current relationship with Adam Shulman: “We hit it off immediately, but it took us a pretty long time to get together . . . He thought that I had a boyfriend, and I thought that he had a girlfriend, so I thought that I’d better keep my distance because I didn’t want to be that girl.”

Credit: Style.com & Vogue.com

2010 MOBO Awards - Corinne Bailey Rae In Derek Lam & Roksanda Ilincic

2010 MOBO Awards – Corinne Bailey Rae In Derek Lam & Roksanda Ilincic

Runway To BBC Radio One Studios - Cheryl Cole In Mulberry

Runway To BBC Radio One Studios – Cheryl Cole In Mulberry

33 Responses to Anne Hathaway For Vogue US November 2010

1. JJovana3 October 21, 2010 at 14:58 #

To be perfectly honest, whenever I see or think of Italian or French Vogue, US verion makes me cry. This is no better than “Good Housekeeping”. Ive seen that red dress style recycled on Vogue so many times I’ve lost count. She doesnt even look like herself. A mix of Eva Mendes, Paula Abdul, Kathy Ireland and even some Carmen Electra, pretty much anyone but Anne. Saddest part is, that this is the best US Vogue cover in years.

• Nikki October 21, 2010 at 16:19 #

Maybe because US Vogue always seem to have actresses as cover girls instead of high fashion models. Coz you really can see the difference between a cover/shoot with a model and an actress. Come to think of it, Vogue US looks commercial rather than high fashion. Is it the same with Vogue Italia or French Vogue?

• JJovana3 October 21, 2010 at 16:49 #

Exactly. To me it looks like fancier glossier People magazine. Fashion is art, and US Vogue in NO WAY represents that. Just like Cathy Horyn said, its boring & stale.

2. Nicole October 21, 2010 at 14:59 #

Anne Hathaway is my Audrey Hepburn

3. Lara October 21, 2010 at 15:03 #

Perfect cover. There is something from Audrey here
    Talking about Hepburn-inspired photoshoots – Kaya Scodelario in recent Vanity Fair had some great dresses, like green Atelier Versace dress from last collection. If you interested, FC.

4. SarahV October 21, 2010 at 15:23 #

I think she looks spectacular, and she’s in a league of her own… Such a classy girl!

5. Amanda October 21, 2010 at 15:51 #

I’m probably the only person in the world who doesn’t think she is that pretty…..I don’t know, her features are all to big and weird and it looks like there’s not enough space in her face for such big features all at once-big nose, big mouth, big teeth, big ears, big eyes…

• Taylor October 21, 2010 at 23:00 #

Which somehow works for her and makes her gorgeous…Kinda like the how Julia Roberts’ imperfections work for her. Loved all the dresses and her pictures are all beautiful.

6. sara October 21, 2010 at 15:59 #

are these girls eugenie niarchos and tatiana santodomingo???…all the picks are wonderful, what gowns!!!!marvellous, boring..not for me! except the cover very beautiful but we’ve seen it so many times!

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2010 at 16:13 #

yes you are right.

7. Cheryl October 21, 2010 at 16:28 #

This is easily one of my top celebrity covers this year. There’s just something about Anne that reminds me of the golden age of Hollywood. She’s like Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn rolled into one. Love it!

8. Andrew Mackinnon October 21, 2010 at 16:57 #

Wooah! WHY are some saying this is a boring cover? If only Alexandra Shulman could come up with something even half as classy, sophisticated and downight beautiful as this for British Vogue…

• Lee Ann October 21, 2010 at 17:45 #

Ain’t that the truth. I read British vogue in 15 minutes (tops) whilst US Vogue takes me hours. British Vogue is a joke-you can’t see the clothes on half the spreads or even recognise them. And more dash than cash-this is British Vogue for God’s sake -even Gratzia does not do that. Yes I wish US vogue would feature less actressses and yes they tend to show a designer look from head to toe but as some one who actually buys the clothes they show I at least get an idea of what is out there to buy.

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2010 at 17:52 #

I’m the same with US Vogue. It can last a few bus journeys. Vogue UK I always finish before I reach my destination.

9. Larah October 21, 2010 at 17:01 #

Fashion covers are for MODELS, not ACTRESSES.
    This is her second cover this year…i hate seeing actresses on my VOGUE…I have to move to Europe.

10. Cristina October 21, 2010 at 17:08 #

She’s stunning in the ODL polka dot dress–so Sabrina! Gorgeous!

• Connie October 21, 2010 at 23:48 #

that’s exactly what i thought – she is definitely the modern time Audrey, especially in that dress!

11. Victoria October 21, 2010 at 17:09 #

Love the cover, love the editorial, love it all! :D

12. Viktoria October 21, 2010 at 17:20 #

She`s wonderful!

13. Rachel October 21, 2010 at 17:25 #

I like the cover, but when I saw it the first time I thought it was Eva Mendes…Can’t put my finger on it, but something is off. Love the dresses and the Hepburn styling though.

• KateS October 22, 2010 at 00:56 #

I agree, my initial reaction was ‘gosh, Eva Mendes looks pale’.

• Rachel October 22, 2010 at 13:15 #

Happy to know I wasn’t the only one :)

• manja October 23, 2010 at 16:34 #

no you are not,i thought it was eva mendes

14. Giuseppi October 21, 2010 at 17:28 #

Oh I’m loving every single dress here! These are amazing.

15. gossip_bangkok October 21, 2010 at 17:30 #

Stunning.

16. VB Lover October 21, 2010 at 18:10 #

I can’t decide which dress is my favorite! If I wasn’t a fan of Anne before I definitely am now!!!

17. Julia October 21, 2010 at 18:42 #

Yes, Vogue is about high end fashion, but seeing gourgeous clothes like these on skinny, skinny models really doesn’t inspire me into buying them. So fashion models can pose better… that’s their job… but really… I do believe that seeing these clothes on actresses makes them look more appealing and more down to earth and wearable. I, myself, am pretty skinny but I love Anne way more than I love Kate Moss for example (and please don’t hate me for that :D). Beautiful cover!

18. ~**juDee**~ October 21, 2010 at 21:58 #

I actually read most of the comments before looking at the pictures. After scrolling up and looking through the pics I thought they are simply magnificent. I literally cannot fault a single one. And Anne Hathaways enchanting smile ,makes the pictures even more beautiful.

19. Marvel October 21, 2010 at 23:00 #

Anne looks great no doubt and she is playing off her classic look with the shoot and dresses. But I would like to see her sex it up a bit. I would love to see her in a shoot similliar to Blake’s Interview magazine a couple of months ago. It was sexy, something we dont see Anne channelling. Having said that, i would love to see Blake try something classy

20. crazyme97 October 22, 2010 at 10:53 #

i don’t know why. but she looks scary in the cover!!

21. Kaz October 22, 2010 at 11:09 #

I totally love this spread. Anne looks gorgeous, the dresses are amazing, I can find no flaws here!

22. nicolas October 22, 2010 at 12:05 #

its simple as this.

American VOGUE is a bussiness not art.

Im pretty sure if VOGUE US puts JAC or ANJA on the cover, people wouldnt know what to do or even think cause its out of their realm so they would buy cosmopiltitan cause heidi montage is on the cover.

23. Sharon October 23, 2010 at 23:29 #

If magazine covers are business not art, I for one am really glad. I love seeing models on the runway, but I also like seeing real people in the dresses. I think Anne looks fantastic and agree that she’s this generation’s Audrey Hepburn. In most cases, I think she looks better than the models. The polka dot dress looks so much better on her – I think that’s my favorite.