20.10.10

In New York City last night a Democratic Fundraiser was held by the First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden.

They addressed the crowd to speak on the importance of the upcoming November elections.

Sarah Jessica Parker hosted the event which also featured live music by Patti Labelle.

SJP opted for a floral vintage Givenchy Couture maxi dress paired with a lilac beaded necklace and black Nicholas Kirkwood heels.

Her dress is perfect for a summery day taking a stroll in Manhattan, but feels a tad to casual for an event with the First Lady even though it’s Couture.

Credit: Bauer Griffin & AP

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Diane Keaton In Marni

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Diane Keaton In Marni

In Diane Keaton's Closet - Marni Textured Dress

In Diane Keaton’s Closet – Marni Textured Dress

7 Responses to Democratic National Committee Fundraiser – Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Givenchy Couture

1. Dirk October 20, 2010 at 04:38 #

I like it. It reminds me of the Vivienne Westwood dress she wore for one of the SATC2 premieres.

2. Alicat October 20, 2010 at 08:22 #

I am not American so I don’t know whether this fundraiser is more of a political event or an entertainment event or a bit of both. I have no idea as to what is appropriate dress code. So I will just focus on the dress itself!

It is a soft, floaty look. I love the print and the black and white tones. The shoes are gorgeous. Overall, I really like it.

PS Except for that hairstyle.

3. Shruti October 20, 2010 at 17:05 #

I like it too. Goes with her effervescent personality. Light n breezy is always a hit with me :)

4. Hannah October 20, 2010 at 19:02 #

I much prefered Michelle Obama’s look. The makeup was flawless and the necklace was to die for.

5. Sara B. October 20, 2010 at 19:44 #

Check out what the First Lady wore. SJP is much more formally dressed the Mrs. O, who’s wearing a street length dress. They seem to have dressed for different events AND different seasons!

6. Marvel October 20, 2010 at 22:05 #

Its looks so blah on SJP

7. Amanda October 21, 2010 at 16:03 #

Love the dress. Can’t stand the woman wearing it.