2010 Abu Dhabi Film Festival “Let Me In” Premiere – Julianne Moore In Valentino

This week Julianne Moore was at the Emirates Palace Hotel to promote her new movie “Let Me In” during the 2010 Abu Dhabi Film Festival.

The American actress would have stood out on the red carpet with her porcelain skin and red hair, which for a refreshing change she wore up in a high bun.

I love her Valentino Fall 2010 nude drop-waist dress with black lace details and a tiered skirt. It’s something few could pull off with such elegance.

I also love the addition of turquoise earrings, her smokey eyes and her black Bulgari clutch, but I’m having trouble with her Valentino heels as I’m not a huge fan of pointy pumps.

Credit: Style.com & Gulf News

Introducing Reed Krakoff

Introducing Reed Krakoff

Celebrities Love...Iris van Herpen X United Nude Heels

Celebrities Love…Iris van Herpen X United Nude Heels

23 Responses to 2010 Abu Dhabi Film Festival “Let Me In” Premiere – Julianne Moore In Valentino

1. Lee Ann October 20, 2010 at 14:50 #

I love her make up and have been debating for months whether I should buy the shoes but I am not crazy about the dress and I really really hate her pale legs . Also after a certain age knees really aren’t pretty.

2. Hisadora October 20, 2010 at 14:57 #

At first I thought her make up was scary but looking closer she looks awesome!! It’s a very different look for Juliane but I do love it :) Not sure about the pointy pumps…

3. mm October 20, 2010 at 15:06 #

I like this look, no to the clutch. I think Shala Monroque wore it best though.

4. GustavoMex October 20, 2010 at 15:22 #

maybe is the pose…but i really really dislike this on her!!! maybe is the fit, maybe the different tones of nude, i don´t know, maybe is everything!

• sonia October 20, 2010 at 22:59 #

the color! when you are pale ( I know cause I am) beige is never a good choice and smoky eyes kill that small opportunity you have to save the look!!

5. Rebecca October 20, 2010 at 15:34 #

Thanks for including the close up. She looks stunning from the waist up–not so much on the lower half. For me it’s partly the dress and partly the stark white skin on her legs–I know we don’t like to wear hose anymore, but sometimes they are called for.

6. bettybrandenburg October 20, 2010 at 15:57 #

Rebecca is right: nude hose would have been better. Love the dress on her, the earrings and the pointy pumps. Classy, as always!

7. Ethne Blist October 20, 2010 at 16:08 #

I hate the makeup, as it is hiding her eyes. I wish she chose nude pumps to make her legs look longer.

8. Shruti October 20, 2010 at 16:41 #

She’s a stunning woman. It’s a nice offbeat look. She’d look good in anything really.

9. shap_half October 20, 2010 at 16:44 #

She looks incredible. This look may be a bit severe, but I love it.

10. Gigi October 20, 2010 at 16:48 #

Matronly, grandma dress. raccoon eyes. tanner needed for legs. OUT.

• Kathy October 20, 2010 at 18:49 #

I agree completely!
      i dislike the dress as it overwhelms her, and i hate those shoes sooooo very much!
      aaaaaarghh

11. dee October 20, 2010 at 16:59 #

I don’t like this dress on her and the shoes are bad.

12. mol October 20, 2010 at 17:06 #

On the model the dress is short and it looks flippy and cute, longer on Julianna, it looks dowdy and horrible. But the close up is great, she is a different, lovely looking woman, just not fond at all of this look.

13. Hannah October 20, 2010 at 19:00 #

I reall ylove the accessories, they seem so her, but the dress doesnt. Sh elooks elegant as always but it jsut doesnt seem ot be her style.

14. Elise October 20, 2010 at 19:56 #

I didn’t recognize her at first, usually I really love her look but she looks awful here. I hate the dress on her, it looks like it has no shape and the make up is terrible!

15. Nia October 20, 2010 at 20:28 #

Love the hair, makeup and jewellery, but not the rest so much.

16. jK October 20, 2010 at 20:36 #

The lace on the runway version is soooo much more exquisite.

17. Marvel October 20, 2010 at 22:03 #

The dress is decent but I cant get past the ‘Taylor Momsen’ make up.

This look falls a bit flat for me

18. mochababe73 October 21, 2010 at 04:09 #

You maybe having trouble with her shoes, but I am having more trouble with her makeup. Too much smoky for my taste. I like the dress, but I think that the shoes are too busy paired with it.

19. Alicat October 21, 2010 at 08:11 #

I adore Julianne Moore as an actress as she chooses roles which are not mainstream. Her fashion sense is similar. You cannot expect her to look conventional. This look is very “Julianne”. Her hairstyle is very beautiful and elegant, although as a fellow redhead, I would never wear such dark, bold eye makeup. In the full length shot, her eyes are almost completely black.

20. Gaber October 21, 2010 at 10:55 #

It’s insane how gorgeous she is, but what’s even more insane is how ugly this look is.

21. JJovana3 October 21, 2010 at 14:55 #

This is not working for me. She looks bloated and tired. Just awful.