Zhang Ziyi was also one of the stars to walk the red carpet at the 19th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival.

The Asian actress not only hosted the closing ceremony, but she also performed as well.

Her Christian Dior Fall 2010 dress works better on the runway.

I think the dress loses some of its appeal with the extra layers to prevent the dress from being too sheer.

I’m also not fond of the watch nor her necklace with this dress.

This is a surprisingly meh look for Zhang. She usually knocks it out of the ballpark.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Anna Kendrick In Reem Acra

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Anna Kendrick In Reem Acra

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Alyson Hannigan In Oscar de la Renta

19 Responses to 19th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival – Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior

1. Min Mode October 19, 2010 at 21:15 #

Better on the runway!

2. Ethne Blist October 19, 2010 at 21:23 #

Zhang has always has soft soft for Dior so it’s no surprise she is wearing this. I like that she made the dress less sheer because there’s a thing called class, but I totally agree with the watch. I can’t stand them with gowns. If she really had to have had bling, she should have traded the necklace for a bracelet.

• Ethne Blist October 19, 2010 at 22:37 #

I didn’t mean to insult when I said ‘there’s a thing called class.’ I meant that Ziyi wasn’t going for sexy.

3. Lee Ann October 19, 2010 at 21:35 #

I agree about the jewellery and watch, but my best friend bought this dress for a wedding and it is very very beautiful even with the layers. I think that the dark lighting and the background colours are not helping. This really is a beautiful dress-one of the best of the collection. I don’t know why it isn’t working here.

4. Sharon October 19, 2010 at 21:57 #

I agree with you, FC. The modified version reminds me of the unfortunate dress Cynthia Nixon wore the other day.

5. Jones19 October 19, 2010 at 21:57 #

I completely agree about the layers, they take away all the appeal of the runway dress. They also make her look kinda chunky. Too bad.

6. Marvel October 19, 2010 at 22:36 #

This look reminds me of Kate Beckinsale at Cannes.

Whats ruining the dress for me is the sash that looks like the dress has been torn

7. Hannah October 19, 2010 at 22:44 #

I agree that it is dissappointing, but that colour is her PERFECT colour. She look beautiful none the less.

8. Linda October 19, 2010 at 23:01 #

I’m not a huge fan of Dior dresses (usually). This one is not too bad, but the colour is a little drab.

9. Raquel October 20, 2010 at 00:23 #

But without the extra layers it is a tad, uh, tacky, isn’t it?

10. Sharon October 20, 2010 at 00:40 #

I do prefer the runway dress. If only there was a way to add to it without taking away from the beauty of it.

11. Dirk October 20, 2010 at 00:51 #

odd. i think she looks pretty fantastic. ah, well. different opinions.

12. mol October 20, 2010 at 01:16 #

I think the whole wonderful play between opaque and sheer is lost in Zang’s version – the opaque jacket over the sheer, then the opaque stocking under the sheer, etc. The eye keeps dancing and exploring in the runway version, while in Zang everything just sit flat all over.

• Ling October 20, 2010 at 15:07 #

I am not mad about the color at all, I like the Jacket, it went into a nice detail for the dress. And ‘Zang’ is not the actor’s name, her name is ‘zhang’. And it is actually her family name. ‘Ziyi’ is the given name.

• mol October 20, 2010 at 18:47 #

Apologies for my spelling mistake and assuming the wrong name order – she really is a beautiful woman, I just meant to criticize the dress……

13. nicky October 20, 2010 at 04:14 #

had she taken off the watch and necklace, the look wouldve been much better. i think the modification is great. the colour looks lovely on her and her makeup and hair is perfect as usual. she has the sophistication to pull of a dior dress like tht

14. Ling October 20, 2010 at 15:09 #

It is quite funny that she actually did combine the watch and dress together.

15. yuki October 20, 2010 at 21:47 #

it looks like a knock off…Ziyi Zhang is shameless. She didn’t donate the money she raise for Sichuan Earthquack.

16. fashionbug888 October 24, 2010 at 04:31 #

lots of details such as floral appliques look different from the runway…i wonder if it is authentic?