Kate Hudson also attended the 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event in LA last night.

I was excited to see her wearing my favourite look from Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2011 collection, but I’m really disappointed with her presentation.

Her hair looks like she air dried it. I wish she’d pulled all of it back.

Also I wish she’d taken a few inches off the hem, as I prefer where the hem stops on the model to the length on Kate.

Once again I’m wishing for a re-run of one of my favourite Spring 2011 looks.

[nggallery id=674]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

Calvin Klein Collection At The 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event - Elle Fanning In Marchesa

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Elle Fanning In Marchesa

22 Responses to 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Kate Hudson In Prabal Gurung

1. Rachie October 19, 2010 at 14:03 #

Why??? I agree with you! The dress is great on the model, but Kate ruins the look…

2. Raquel October 19, 2010 at 14:05 #

If I believed for a second that Kate Hudson is the one actually doing housework chores in her house, I would say she arrived at the event right after finishing some major fall cleaning. Since I don’t, there are no excuses for that hair. It looks disveled, frumpy and DIRTY.

3. nicky October 19, 2010 at 14:41 #

a total miss. her hair was really what let this whole look down. the makeup was unflattering as well….probably worst dressed of the evening

4. Mario October 19, 2010 at 14:44 #

19.10.2010. I shall remember this day forever. Disaster.

5. Linda October 19, 2010 at 14:56 #

Wow. That’s absolutely terrible. Why would you leave the house with your hair and makeup like that???

6. shubby doo October 19, 2010 at 15:01 #

first freida now kate…the length again is a problem for me here…also wish she hadnt just worn pumps

7. Shruti October 19, 2010 at 15:19 #

Even with all the issues, I still think it kinda works on her. And I like the dress in any case. Could’ve been presented better but definitely not a complete disaster.

8. Gretta October 19, 2010 at 15:44 #

Some Hollywood “hairstylists” have a lot to answer for. Two words: Hair. Serum.

• Marvel October 19, 2010 at 20:10 #

LOL

I so agree with this statement.

9. Donna October 19, 2010 at 15:50 #

Her hair is a mess, but the dress is gorgeous and it fits her well. Love the shoulder detail.

10. Ethne Blist October 19, 2010 at 15:50 #

She looks like a hot mess. I hate this dress on Kate.

11. The Dame October 19, 2010 at 15:53 #

With her hair like that I thought it was Kate WINSLET at first! She def needs to fix her hair, really brings down such a gorgeous dress!

12. bliss October 19, 2010 at 17:11 #

Her styling is a mess. The dress should have been shorter to work on her frame. Maybe the messy hair was to offset the matronly look of the dress length.

13. anne October 19, 2010 at 17:30 #

Maybe it’s the pose or the lenght of the dress but she reminded me of Drew Barrymore in that purple VB dress. Not good. The dress presented on the runway is made from a different fabric right?(velvet?). It drapes better and it’s so luscious.

14. Hannah October 19, 2010 at 18:41 #

Why wear a dress like this if your hair and ‘makeup’ is going to look like you just came out of labour?

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2010 at 18:47 #

OMG…lol

That is EXACTLY it.

She looks like she just got out of labour.
      :D you nail it.

15. Violet Electric October 19, 2010 at 20:44 #

I’m not a fan of the dress itself really. The embellishments look like fungus growing off her shoulder. The length is awkward on her and she needs 2 go back and do her damn hair. Also the shoe choice was a bore.

16. perfumeorpoison October 19, 2010 at 22:35 #

*wailing* whyyyyyyyyyy.. ??
    such a waste of a dress.

17. Lou October 19, 2010 at 22:38 #

I really didn’t recognise Kate at first. This is a baaaaad look – great dress (I love the dress) but it has all the charm of a bin lineron Kate, Agree the hem is too long and the wet dog hair looks awful.

18. mochababe73 October 19, 2010 at 23:27 #

Hot messes.
    I used plural because this entire look is a disappointment. Is Rachel Zoe responsible for this look? The shoes should have been strappy sandals. The hem is waaaay too long. I would have prefered it to be right above the knee. The shoulder detail is too heavy.

19. pam October 20, 2010 at 04:02 #

I agree. Not her best effort.

20. One Source Talent October 20, 2010 at 05:21 #

I have to say, almost 100 percent of the time I love her choices. I adore her, but this is not flattering to her at all. Her hair is a mess, the dress is a terrible length and is isn’t fit for her body.