17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Elle Fanning In Marchesa

None of us would’ve predicted that the first person to wear a look from Marchesa’s Spring 2011 collection would be young Elle Fanning.

Dakota’s younger sister attended the 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event in LA last night wearing a Marchesa white pleated organza necklace dress.

The mini cocktail dress has a white beaded neckline instead of the mint green neckline the dress was presented with.

I think it would have worked either way for Elle as has the same colouring as the model.

I’m not crazy about the shoe choice and I wish she wore her hair up to show off the detail, but this a beautiful look. One of the best on the night.

The young star looks so confident and cute on the red carpet. I would’ve been a nervous wreak to be around all those stars.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event - Kate Hudson In Prabal Gurung

17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Kate Hudson In Prabal Gurung

19th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival - Shu Qi In Armani Privé

19th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival – Shu Qi In Armani Privé

28 Responses to 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Elle Fanning In Marchesa

1. dude October 19, 2010 at 15:04 #

*wreck

2. Hermione Weasley October 19, 2010 at 15:07 #

I got so excited when I saw her in Marchesa! This is one of my favorite dress from the new collection. Too bad for the shoes, I really don’t like them with this dress. But I do like the hair!

3. nicky October 19, 2010 at 15:07 #

so adorable. she pulls off the red lip really well. even though her hair looks lovely here…she shouldve definitely worn it up. i really dislike those shoes…and i wouldve liked the mint beaded neckline instead since its so unique!

• Pati October 19, 2010 at 15:16 #

Totally agree with everything you wrote….

• sara October 19, 2010 at 16:29 #

i agree!!!the dress is wonderful in mint green. she’s very cute, the dress really suits her, and i can understand she isn’t old enough to use high heels or something like that…but i can avoid thinking it’s a missed dress in someone like elle…zoe saldana, diane kruger…

4. Shruti October 19, 2010 at 15:15 #

She looks angelic. Such a beautiful girl.

• Vidhya October 19, 2010 at 16:48 #

angelic is wat i would go for too.. so cute.. too bad abt the shoes.. and does she have two tone hair??

5. T. October 19, 2010 at 15:25 #

LOVE the dress, don’t like the shoes!
    xx.

6. sara October 19, 2010 at 15:35 #

I just saw other pics of this event and Elle is taller the Emma Roberts! She is going to looks like a model in a couple of years. I really like this looks. Elle is too young to wear her hair up and to use more elaborate shoes with crazy heels. So i think it’s very appropriate even if i don’t like those shoes.

7. Moxie October 19, 2010 at 15:36 #

The dress is adorable and age appropriate. The shoes just don’t go, unfortunately.

8. Dorian Gray October 19, 2010 at 15:40 #

Very nice look butI hate the strong red lipstick, pink would have been better.

9. Gretta October 19, 2010 at 15:41 #

Can’t express strongly enough how much I prefer the mint beaded neckline. So much more beautiful than the white. Shoe choice is just criminal.

10. Ethne Blist October 19, 2010 at 15:49 #

Horrid shoe choice. I am disappointed. She is cute in the dress though. Why those shoes…

11. gossip_bangkok October 19, 2010 at 16:16 #

Cute! I actually don’t mind the shoes choice! :)

12. Elaine October 19, 2010 at 16:28 #

Wow what a great look for someone so young- at first glance on Elle I thought this was Temperely.

Shame she didnt go for the mint beading… and shoe choice left alot to be desired. but overall its a great look for her

13. bliss October 19, 2010 at 17:08 #

She looks great and more importantly, age appropriate. It seems like the Fanning girls have their heads on right and hopefully that’s due to decent parenting.

14. Victoria October 19, 2010 at 18:35 #

I think she looks really adorable and very pretty. :) BDOTW worthy to me!

15. Hannah October 19, 2010 at 18:37 #

She pulls off the makeup adn dress amazingly. I refuse to penalise a girl her age, but I doprefer the runway version, mostly because you can see the embellishment and there is more of it (and it is an amazing in celadon) also the shoes ( I wish they were silver flats). But she looks beautiful, and I am VERY opstimistic of what we are going to see from this girl, and from this collection. very well played, Elle!

16. GirlOne October 19, 2010 at 19:27 #

Did you see Michelle Monaghan at this event? She looked amazing!

17. Amanda October 19, 2010 at 19:31 #

Horrendous shoes. I’d prefer the mint beading and the hair up so it would show the embalishment

18. Marvel October 19, 2010 at 20:09 #

Isnt it ironic that her sis also ruined a Marchesa dress with black heels at CFDA.

19. robbie October 19, 2010 at 20:09 #

oh i give up with girls and their shoe choices these days!

20. Estranged October 19, 2010 at 20:35 #

I was waiting for this dress to appear on the red carpet. unfortunately, Elle totally disappointed me. She’s too yound for such a breathtaking dress. Plus, her shoe choice is disastrous. I wish someone else will wear the dress one day.

21. amber October 19, 2010 at 20:38 #

fantastic look for her even the shoes

22. Sharon October 19, 2010 at 22:09 #

She looks adorable. I love her “Alice in Wonderland” hair. It’s so right for someone her age.

23. Giuseppi October 19, 2010 at 23:02 #

She has really given good face on the red carpet! I like her hair down- i think it accents the youthful look in the dress. Don’t like the shoes, though.

24. mochababe73 October 19, 2010 at 23:22 #

Some of you need to give her a break. She’s only 12. My son is 12, and, believe it or not, they still need guidance in the clothes department. Compared to what I saw Heather Locklear’s 13 y/o wear, this is 100% better. Heather’s daughter was wearing a belly baring top.
    But I digress. She looks cute and youthful the way that she’s supposed to look. I don’t mind the shoes, but maybe they should have been in a lighter color. They’re mary janes, and that’s what girls wear.

25. pam October 20, 2010 at 04:01 #

I’ve got to give it to the Fanning girls. They (or their stylists!) really know how to dress. The way they take designer dresses and make them work on teen girls is amazing. They never look tarted up or like they are playing dress up. They just look great all the time.