17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Anna Kendrick In Reem Acra

My eyes immediately went to Anna Kendrick’s Sergio Rossi heels when she walked the red carpet at the 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event.

I feel like I’m typing the same thing everyday now, but why can’t celebs get shoes right on the red carpet when they have a huge amount of styles and brands on offer?

I don’t like the colour and I dislike how heavy they feel with her turquoise Reem Acra Resort 2010 strapless dress.

Her beautiful deep V cocktail dress with tulle detailing at the bust was shortened from the runway to give the dress a more youthful vibe.

Anna and Kate Hudson may have used the same hairstylist, because Anna’s hair is equally lackluster, but her make-up is beautiful.

The wow factor was considerably lacking at this event which I find very surprising considering who attended.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Runway To Puerto Rico - Jennifer Lopez In Valentino & Zuhair Murad

Runway To Puerto Rico – Jennifer Lopez In Valentino & Zuhair Murad

19th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival – Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior

35 Responses to 17th Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Tribute Event – Anna Kendrick In Reem Acra

1. Alice October 19, 2010 at 20:04 #

really dont like this dress on her!

2. robbie October 19, 2010 at 20:04 #

the shoes and hair ruin this. i feel your pain FC when it comes to the shoes why why why? do they always ruin what could have been a great look. i love the dress but i dont like how it has been shortened.

3. Hannah October 19, 2010 at 20:04 #

I actually don’t like the dress. I think on Anna, the plunge is too wide and the skirt too short. It looks a little tacky to me. Also, Anna has always worn amazing,and most importantly interesting shoes on the red carpet. Dont lower yourself to these boring pumps (or sergio Rossi ‘peep toes’), Anna! Next thing we know she will be wearing a marcesa dress with black trib twos. Oh, the horror!

4. Moxie October 19, 2010 at 20:09 #

LOVE the gown, but the shoes are all wrong!

5. Mario October 19, 2010 at 20:24 #

Jesus Christ, what the hell is going on with her boobs?!
    This is worse than a tranny in the lonely NY streets at 3 am. S-A-D.

6. Leslie October 19, 2010 at 20:33 #

I’m so disapointed by Anna that this could be on my WDOTY list.
    The neckline is too much and I’m so bored of these heels.

I like the hair and make up though.

• Gretta October 20, 2010 at 22:26 #

I agree WDOTY. Hideous, the whole outfit. Cheap, tacky, hideous.

7. Rebecca October 19, 2010 at 20:35 #

I love the color of the dress on her, but this dress may give me views of a little more of Anna Kendrick than I want to see. Not that she isn’t an attractive woman, but she just looks too naked–perhaps she is just a little too busty for this dress at this occasion.

8. Marvel October 19, 2010 at 20:50 #

Im surprised she went for a Resort 2010 collection. I would have thought her ego would have demanded a Resort 2011 piece.

9. everydaytrivial October 19, 2010 at 20:56 #

at least ms. kendrick improved her hair… im absolutely astouned at her very low hairline. and voila! she finally found a way to un-anoy me. she looks fine.

10. Thomas Monks October 19, 2010 at 21:00 #

is this not the same dress Emma Roberts wore in red to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party

11. Lee Ann October 19, 2010 at 21:04 #

My eyes went immediately to her bust-very Jessica Rabbitt-

12. Elly October 19, 2010 at 21:11 #

It is a very exposed neck line, she lets it do all the talking – and pulls it off I think,

Whilst pumps in this case are a little heavy, I don’t think they ruin every red carpet look…

13. Elaine October 19, 2010 at 21:17 #

Not a fan at all…. colour and material make it look bridesmaidy IMO on both model and anna!

14. Ethne Blist October 19, 2010 at 21:21 #

I don’t think the dress goes well with her coloring. I just don’t like aqua on Anna. I like that she shortened it, but I think the runway is divine as well. I love the barely-there makeup.

15. Sharon October 19, 2010 at 21:54 #

I loved this dress OTR, so I’m majorly disappointed in the modifications. I think she achieved a cheesy hooker look rather than a youthful vibe. She could have shortened it without ruining the line of the skirt, and a size or two larger couldn’t have hurt either.

16. Jones19 October 19, 2010 at 22:00 #

I don’t like the color of this dress, it’s more of a nightgown or pajamas kind of color. I also think she’s a tad too busty for this gown, the split between the boobs looks much classier on the model. Did Anna have the dress shortened as well? I don’t like it…at all.

17. Clover October 19, 2010 at 22:08 #

Ermmm… the heels weren’t the first thing my eyes went to! That is a serious plunging neckline right there!
    *ahem*

18. perfumeorpoison October 19, 2010 at 22:20 #

I don’t want to sound vulgar, but MY eyes instantly went to her.. boobs. I feel like the dress (esp. the decolette part) is a disaster waiting to happen.
    And I share your annoyance with the bad choice of shoes.

19. SW October 19, 2010 at 22:26 #

Since all of the starts are letting us down with shoe choices…you should do a segment like “she should have worn these…” for shoes! I feel like there are so many shoes that are being overlooked for the Sergios, Maniacs and Trib Toos. Just an idea :)

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2010 at 23:34 #

Shoerazzi.com does this already. It Is a great idea.

20. Ala October 19, 2010 at 22:40 #

I usually like what Anna decides to wear, and she usually (in my opinion) does it very tastefully. This though I feel has lost some of its “class” factor with the shorter hemline.

It looks more tasteless, than tasteful : ( especially the combination of plunging neckline, overall length of the dress and the Little Mermaid-esque resemblance.

21. sonia October 19, 2010 at 22:44 #

don’t want to sound too mean but she looks vulgar

22. Linda October 19, 2010 at 23:04 #

LOL! My eyes were immediately drawn to her chest! That’s a pretty sexy number for someone who usually plays it safe.

23. mol October 20, 2010 at 01:21 #

It’s the narrow slit down between the breasts that gives this dress it dynamic. The way wider more open v area on Anna makes it look sluggish and common. Bad bad fitting done on this one.

24. pam October 20, 2010 at 03:40 #

On the model the dress has a nice simple elegance about it. The longer length gives it a graceful look that offsets the bareness of the top. On Anna it’s just tacky. Too tight, too short and to much cleavage. Too bad, because I really like her work. She seems like a real nice girl.

25. nicky October 20, 2010 at 04:16 #

gorgeous colour but thts the good things i have to say about this look….the slit is way too much and totally inappropiate. the dress isnt tht great in the first place.

26. Shruti October 20, 2010 at 04:53 #

Styled much better on the model. I like the original length of the dress. The entire look of the dress has changed on Anna because she shortened it. She’s made it into just another on of those cheap, risky minis from the elegant dress it originally was. Also, the shoes on the model are definitely better. It’s a lovely dress and I would’ve liked to see it in all its glory on someone else.

27. Alicat October 20, 2010 at 08:40 #

Far, far too much decolletage to be tasteful. I trust her “Hollywood tape” managed to hold all in place for the night.

28. Emi October 20, 2010 at 09:15 #

Terrible shoes. The way the dress fits in the chest is terrible, I mean, it seems a dress for a carnival party. I don’t wanna be “mean” but a famous italian man (famous in Italy) once have been asked about american women’s style and he answered that they have the worst taste of the world, which sometimes is really really true.

29. Ferne October 20, 2010 at 13:11 #

She’s to busty for the dress
    that half-body shot feels very naked to me idk

30. Anna October 20, 2010 at 14:42 #

A beautiful dress on the model, but very vulgar on Anna K.
    I took a look on the Emma’s photo -> I don’t like neither. Why is the dress “open” on their boobs and not on the red carpet model?!

31. JJovana3 October 21, 2010 at 15:02 #

I really hate it. She looks trashy.