Spike TV’s 2010 Scream Awards – Blake Lively In Lanvin

Blake Lively looked gorgeous as ever on the red carpet at the Spike TV 2010 Scream Awards in LA this weekend.

I’ll start off by saying how impressed I am that Blake – who doesn’t have a stylist – is able to pull Look 1 straight off the runway from Lanvin’s Spring 2011 presentation.

She’s often been quoted as saying that she picks looks from Style.com, and she really did her homework because she sported the same slick back hair style, the same studded leather heels, she even tried to create the same volume in the skirt by holding it all the way down the red carpet.

It was that or she wanted to show off those enviable long legs.

She only let the pleated skirt go to posed with her sisters on the red carpet.

The only difference between her and the runway is that her body suit is a different colour.

The caramel leather harness accented with a crystal and pearl insect brooch and grey pleated skirt remain the same.

Blake’s in with Anna, Karl and it looks like she’s in with Alber as well.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

2010 London Film Festival "Conviction" Photocall - Minnie Driver & Hilary Swank In Lanvin

2010 London Film Festival “Conviction” Photocall – Minnie Driver & Hilary Swank In Lanvin

57 Responses to Spike TV’s 2010 Scream Awards – Blake Lively In Lanvin

1. Coco October 18, 2010 at 01:30 #

I don’t like this dress at all. I think the insect brooch is cool but that’s about it. Blake is extremely over hyped for me and gets praise when it isn’t always deserved. She just tries too hard to be a fashionista. I realize few will share this opinion with me. The cheese stands alone I guess.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 01:32 #

“The cheese stands alone”…I love that saying.

I would use it on my blog, but it’s not really a universal saying

• molly October 18, 2010 at 01:47 #

I agree with every word you said Coco. This dress is a mess. The hair and makeup only make it worse. Also, the cut makes her shoulders look very large.

• Coco October 18, 2010 at 01:57 #

I feel like she is the “it” person to praise right now so everyone automatically does. She has yet to really impress me. And I agree I find her hair and makeup too severe.

• Lara October 18, 2010 at 15:54 #

Coundn’t agree more

• Alicat October 18, 2010 at 04:20 #

I don’t mind the dress. I think it looks ok and she does have great pins! However, copying a look from the catwalk in every detail does not indicate a true sense of style. There may be a few cheeses standing together on this one.

• Gretta October 18, 2010 at 14:07 #

I think perhaps a whole cheese plate…I agree!

• LizLemooooon October 18, 2010 at 14:08 #

I totally agree Coco. Not a fan of the dress at all or the fact that she had to keep hitching it up. I don’t believe she doesn’t work with a stylist she haas such a busy schedule…maybe she does have an assistant to go pick stuff up for her…it’s possible hmm.
      Anyway like her hair and make up for once that is on point. She’s got legs like a racehorse, LOVE her legs.

• Sisi October 19, 2010 at 03:42 #

Well, she works in GOSSIP GIRL. I believe Eric’s choice for Serena helps her a lot. She has a body that is able to pull off most of clothes. So she just need copy all the runway look. Clothes wear Blake, not Blake wears clothes.
        For the Lanvin dress, there are lots of photos that she is holding her dress open. I don’t get her point at all.
        For her make up: Tan all the time(She obviously overtanned herself on the Chanel event.)
        She has a body to dress, that’s what makes it work.

2. Katya October 18, 2010 at 01:30 #

omg, she looks absolutely amazing….she’s my new girl crush as of right now.

3. Thereza October 18, 2010 at 01:33 #

GODDESS!!!

4. Amanda October 18, 2010 at 01:39 #

I dont believe she doesn’t have a stylist. Not at all.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 01:42 #

She doesn’t.

I know this for a fact, I’ve spoken to many people in the industry about this as I didn’t believe it either, but it’s true.

• abc October 18, 2010 at 07:26 #

she obviously consults with someone privately. and either way, her look is completely lifted from the runway here. nothing that inspiring about it.

in general, i have NO idea what is inspiring here at all. her makeup is really terrible in closeups – she’s a pretty girl, she doesn’t need that heavy blush on pale white coloring – the hair is not flattering on her person, the dress is beyondddd inappropriate for a guy’s award show. if she needs to physically hold open the dress in 70% of the pictures, she should just wear something with a bigger slit, or a short skirt – which would actually have any value at a show like this.

idk i think your crush on her often clouds the ability to even look at what she’s wearing and critically ask: is she doing anything interesting? what’s the point in wearing head to toe runway anywhere ever? does this even truly flatter her? and why would you wear it to this show?

5. Hisadora October 18, 2010 at 01:43 #

It is such a different look for Blake but she looks gorgeous as usual, I love this from head to toe! She’s just perfect :)

6. Monica October 18, 2010 at 01:51 #

wow, i’m very impressed with Blake! Gorgeous girl in a gorgeous dress ::sigh::

7. Amanda October 18, 2010 at 01:54 #

So she gets on her phone or laptop and maks the calls – or emails people- herself???

The only celebrity who claimed not to have a stylist that I believed it to be true was Cate Blanchett.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 14:00 #

yes. I don’t think someone with her popularity would find that hard.

In fact she must have people sending her trucks full of clothes every week.

• june October 18, 2010 at 14:09 #

i actually believe diane kruger is someone who also doesn’t use a stylist. she’s very hit and miss – sometimes she’s gorgeous as anything and sometimes her outfits are awful, but they’re all very ‘her’ if that makes sense

8. Taylor October 18, 2010 at 02:25 #

Wow, she looks amazing.

9. mochababe73 October 18, 2010 at 02:50 #

I like the dress…
    On the model.
    I love the runway version of the dress. Blake’s dress is okay, but I am not a fan of gray and tan. I also don’t like Blake in this dress.

10. mm October 18, 2010 at 03:06 #

I just love it, it is not expected, especially for the scream awards. She pulled it off

• Marvel October 18, 2010 at 22:35 #

Same. I wouldnt have expected to see it on this event but she ROCKS it!!

11. Weber from Brazil October 18, 2010 at 03:25 #

WOW
    she doesn’t have a stylist ?? *SHOCK*
    blake is getting prettier and prettier everytime I see her <3
    the week even didn't begin yet, and it's a BDOTW worthy hahaha

12. shap_half October 18, 2010 at 03:40 #

She looks incredible. I can’t imagine anyone else topping her this week.

13. nicky October 18, 2010 at 04:05 #

she definitely pulled this dress off. she looks gorgeous. even though she doesnt have a stylist, i do believe she gets a bit of help picking out dresses…she definitely has a few connections. her style has slowly improved over the years

14. Ev October 18, 2010 at 04:12 #

I usually don’t like what she wears very much, but here I am on the fence. She looks good, but I don’t feel this on her, although I really appreciate that she opted for legs instead of boobs this time. Plus I like the color of the runway bodysuit much better than her grey one.

15. penny October 18, 2010 at 04:24 #

She looks okay but what she really needs is a mini wind machine to complete the look. I still think she’s terribly overdressed for this event when you see what everyone else is wearing.

16. katie October 18, 2010 at 04:36 #

i really don’t think it’s that difficult to take a runway look and copy it from head to toe, anyone can do it. you don’t need a stylist for that. i don’t see what the big fuss is.

• justme October 18, 2010 at 16:59 #

Exactly.

• b October 19, 2010 at 03:44 #

Hahaha you’re so right

I don’t get the fuss either.

And do remember, she’s Anna’s girl.

17. bri01 October 18, 2010 at 04:59 #

She looks good, but I have a question FC how does the celebs getting the clothes work out then? Don’t their stylist “pull” looks for their clients?

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 13:58 #

She’s just taking out the middle person and talking directly to the fashion houses and PRs herself.

I think I’d do the same if I was in her position. Why let the stylist have all the fun

18. Laura October 18, 2010 at 05:30 #

It’s normal for girls like Blake to have haters. She’s gorgeous! And who says everyone who dresses well have a stylist? With technology and connection like Blake does, the sky is the limit for her wardrobe access to all the clothes in the world. I think she does justice to the dress and not every tall and sexy girl can pull this look off like Blake does. If you have style, well, you will always have it!

19. gossip_bangkok October 18, 2010 at 05:38 #

I really like this look of Blake!

20. robbie October 18, 2010 at 07:47 #

the colour is blah, the fact she wore the same runway shoes annoys me quite a bit. although i do love the shoes though.

21. Kim October 18, 2010 at 08:17 #

GOD she looks amazing!! I prefer the runway colours, but she really pulls off this look with aplomb. Her makeup is flawless. I’m not sure what the detractors are seeing, she is just lovely.

22. shubby doo October 18, 2010 at 08:37 #

she looks breathtaking…stunning ensemble

23. b October 18, 2010 at 08:40 #

i absolutely love this look and with no stylist….Thumbs up,girl!

24. Dorian Gray October 18, 2010 at 08:57 #

What a perfect way to start the week :-)

25. Nikki October 18, 2010 at 13:48 #

She doesn’t have a stylist but I’m pretty sure she gets a lot of tips from Anna Wintour…or maybe Anne tells her what to wear, after all, she’s the go to “it” girl at the mo.

She looks great…but who wouldn’t since she copied the look from head to toe. And when she doesn’t copy the entire look from the runway, she looks a mess.

Great effort though. She’s got lovely stems and loves to show them off.

26. Methedrine October 18, 2010 at 13:50 #

She looks amazing and very close to perfection !!

27. Lee Ann October 18, 2010 at 14:27 #

I think she looks great. I do take issue (sorry FC)with being impressed by pulling a look straight from the runway-to me that just shows very little imagination.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 14:55 #

I agree it does show little imagination.

If she had a stylist maybe that person would’ve added different shoes.

• Lee Ann October 18, 2010 at 15:07 #

True-and given that it is probably lent easier to return the whole look. you would think she would call up Anna W to ask one of her minions to help

28. From Russia With Love October 18, 2010 at 14:30 #

This is amazing. BDOTW

29. Sally October 18, 2010 at 15:04 #

I usually don’t like what she wears, but lately
    I am loving her. This is another great look, although I think I prefer the runway colors. It’s not too over the top, just a cool look. And, who cares if the look was pulled straight from the runway; it’s not often that someone can take a runway look, without modifications, and pull it off. Stylist or no stylist, she looks great.

30. marian October 18, 2010 at 16:23 #

i also think this is bdotw worthy. her makeup is beautiful.

i can’t believe how many haters there are!! sure, i can imagine not liking the look – but you seem so upset that anyone would!

31. mol October 18, 2010 at 16:48 #

I really like this look. She may have copied the runway, but she was smart enough to pick something that completely suits her Lots of stars have stylists who seem to pull out things that are totally unsuited to who they are……maybe Blake should style them!!

32. Camille October 18, 2010 at 17:08 #

I LOVE this and I’m impressed she doesn’t have a stylist helping her. I love the mixture of leather and fabric as well as the saddle/grey combo. I take everyone’s point about it being pulled verbatim from the runway however, I will add that there are so many runway looks that don’t translate at all to real life/red carpet w/out modification. Blake was able to judge that this look would be perfect as is, and I agree. No tweaking needed for this knockout look. Bravo Blake!

33. Jones19 October 18, 2010 at 17:42 #

I love this look but I don’t love the fact that she copied every little thing straight from the runway.

34. Stacey October 18, 2010 at 18:12 #

I think she looks great–I love the dress on her. However, I just don’t think it’s appropriate for this event. Everyone else was dressed very differently. Plus, quite honestly, I think she looks stupid holding her dress up in all of the pictures. If she wanted to show off her legs, she should have worn a short dress.

35. Helena October 18, 2010 at 18:48 #

I think she looks divine.She is a beautiful girl and has a killer body can pull off anything

36. Hannah October 18, 2010 at 19:15 #

I tried SO hard to like this. I saw this photo yesterday and literally looked at it for 10 minutes trying to prove myself wrong but I just don’t like it. I ADORE the dress, but I don’t like the transformation it makes onto Blake. I really do not like the colour change fromt he runway of the top (and maybe it is just photography) but the skirt too. The most annoying thing for me though, s the hair and particularly the makeup, she wore the wrong makeup for this dress. It is clearly a strong eyes soft lip dress, also the hair neededto be pulled straight back, and maybe have some volume, as opposed ot be a limp sidepart bun, which I honestly wear to bed. Also, why oh why, when a dress looks this amazing on Frida Gustavsson wear it differently, or even attempt to wear it at all. Clearly the wind made it amazing, so maybe it is the perfect dress for a Chicago (sorry to be cliche) or London premiere, where wind exists. I wish Iloved it, but the difference from the runway to Blakes photo is beyond night and day for me. Sorry for such a long rant.

37. roxy October 18, 2010 at 19:23 #

Overhyped and overdressed. She gets way too much praise for pulling exact looks off the runway. Not only that, but she couldn’t resist holding the dress back to show off her legs, which ruins the overall look.

38. Jessica November 3, 2010 at 02:30 #

I usually never google dresses but when I saw all these strange photos of Blake holding the dress open on zimbio.com I began to wonder why she was doing that and if people were talking about it. I think she probably saw the runway picture, thought it would work, ordered it in, tried it on, and realized it didn’t look as great as it did on the photo and needed to be held open to show her legs or else look matronly and heavy on her. She has a larger chest than the model so in general things that cover the whole chest like T-shirts are going to make you look bigger up there… best to balance that out with something that also isn’t big on the bottom and this dress was too big on the bottom as well, hence the skirt holding. She always looks amazing on Gossip Girl. She should take a page from that stylists book and get dresses in that style for her body. Usually she looks primo. She is my personal style icon.

39. Anna June 19, 2012 at 19:59 #

I honestly think that Blake does look amazing in this dress. Although I like the runway colors a whole lot better, she was still able to pull off this look. But honestly I don’t think she should have worn this dress: when comparing her to Frida Gustavsson (the runway look), I don’t think anyone can wear this dress as all as Frida did. I don’t think she should have worn it because it is wary too amazing on the runway :)