18.10.10

Mad Men Season 4 Finale Red Carpet

This weekend the ‘Mad Men’ stars took to the red carpet at ’21 Club’ to celebrate the season finale in New York City.

Cara Buono sported a few curls in her do whilst wearing a green long sleeved dress with a plunging neckline.

She paired her dress with a long gold statement necklace and nude pumps.

Christina Hendricks blossomed wearing a floral Dolce & Gabbana dress with black peep-toes.

I’m glad she’s found a flattering dress to look sexy in whilst keeping the twins covered up on the red carpet.

Elisabeth Moss wore a very well worn Alice + Olivia Gabby embellished dress, which she dressed down with black pumps.

I can’t say I’m excited about any of these looks, but they all made a great effort.

January Jones is in the UK filming the new X-Men movie.

Credit: Getty

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ LA Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ LA Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

50 & Fabulous: Celebrating 50 Years of Women's Advances Since The Pill Event - AnnaLynne McCord In Alice + Olivia

50 & Fabulous: Celebrating 50 Years of Women’s Advances Since The Pill Event – AnnaLynne McCord In Alice + Olivia

23 Responses to Mad Men Season 4 Finale Red Carpet

1. The Dame October 18, 2010 at 22:06 #

I think Elizabeth looks stunning! I just wish she would modernize her hair, or cover her forehead. I have the same large forehead and I wear a fringe (bangs in the USA) to cover it up so I think that annoys me on her. But I love this dress on her, she is looking less dowdy.

• mm October 18, 2010 at 22:34 #

I agree Elizabeth needs to cover her forehead. I think that would be more flattering for her face.

all three of these women are style so much better on the show. Funny how they look better in 1960s than in 2010

• Linda October 19, 2010 at 01:39 #

Yeah, so true. I often think that about actresses and I guess the costume and makeup people on shows are really talented.

2. Marvel October 18, 2010 at 22:22 #

Cara is the winner here. Love the stand out colour and the accesaries. Christina looks nice but Elizabeth ruined it with the shoes

3. Ev October 18, 2010 at 22:28 #

I am sorry, but I think Christina Hendricks looks really bad. First of all I deeply hate that D&G floral print, and I think it’s the worst print EVER made. Second, I am not sure that those huge flowers would look good on any woman with curves.
    Just like you said, FC, i am not excited about any of these looks.

4. robbie October 18, 2010 at 22:29 #

they all look a mess.

but christina, oh please no that dress is terrible on her the print doesnt flatter her.

• Ethne Blist October 19, 2010 at 01:26 #

Why didn’t they go all out? Gowns or deluxe cocktail dresses? This is a Mad Men premier…I was impressed with none of them at all.

5. Maxwell October 18, 2010 at 22:49 #

January Jones is in the UK filming the X-men movie.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 22:53 #

thanks for the info

6. Gigi October 18, 2010 at 23:09 #

They all look so “blah”. You know, if you saw these 3 women strolling down the street, or at a party, dressed and coiffed like this, you’d NEVER guess they were stars of the #1 show on TV!!

There’s hope for all of us.

7. Camille October 18, 2010 at 23:42 #

I’m not wowed by any of these ladies. The green dress is a fabulous color but I think it is too short and the necklace is too long. I think for this deep v-neckline she should have skipped the necklace or worn one that fell a little higher. I totally understand how hard it can be for a curvy girl to find stylish clothes (even demure clothes can take on a skanky edge when your bosom is this large) but this print is so old lady and just does nothing for Christina. And I HATE Elizabeth’s shoes w/ that dress and she really needs to style her hair better when she’s not in costume. Her forehead is so large and this pulled back hair just highlights it. I keep fighting the urge to photoshop in some bangs for her.

• Linda October 19, 2010 at 01:40 #

LOL at photoshop in some bangs for her!

8. Ala October 18, 2010 at 23:54 #

I hope this doesn’t sound mean… but I kind of feel like we got three looks for the price of one.

Does that make any sense?

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 23:58 #

lol…yes

• mm October 19, 2010 at 00:40 #

ROTFLMAO

9. Alicat October 19, 2010 at 00:41 #

Of the three, I prefer Elizabeth Moss’ dress. She certainly needs to soften her hairstyle around her face. The shoes pass but only just. The green dress is ok. I do not think the D&G dress flatters Chistina Hendricks at all with the oversized, cabbage rose print. Overall, these looks are pretty ordinary whereas on the show these ladies look stunning with impeccable styling. Nostalgia rules in this case.

10. mimi October 19, 2010 at 01:13 #

I think Cara Buono looks pretty good. she is the best of the bunch

11. mochababe73 October 19, 2010 at 02:28 #

I love Cara’s look, but she didn’t need the necklace.
    Don’t like the print on Christina’s dress, but she looks good in it. I wish that the girls were out because the dress looks a little tight around the bust.
    I really like Elisabeth’s dress, but she should have worn a different pair of shoes.

12. Annel October 19, 2010 at 09:43 #

“The Beautiful Girls”! LOVE Mad Men. Best show ever.
    But true that Moss needs to do something about the hair. The colour and shape doesn’t flatter her at all.
    I actually prefer Hendricks – the shape and style of the dress flatters her curves – it’s very Joan-meets-Italian-Belladonna-like!

13. Dorian Gray October 19, 2010 at 11:34 #

I’m sorry to say this but without January the cast seems empty. I miss her Versace dresses!

14. nicky October 19, 2010 at 11:54 #

uninspiring looks in my own opinion. disappointed january jones wasnt there.

15. Lee Ann October 19, 2010 at 18:37 #

The finale was excellent- these woman not so

16. Sara B. October 20, 2010 at 19:56 #

From left to right: dated; over-stuffed; washed-out. These great-looking women are on the most stylish show on TV. It may not be fair, but I expect them to do MUCH better.