X Factor: Sunday Week 2 – Cheryl Cole In Versus

Looks like Cheryl Cole didn’t make me eat my words on tonights X Factor live results show.

The judge is still not budging when it comes to wearing colour, but at least her black Versus bustier dress was a considerably more interesting than the unflattering Azzaro jumpsuit she wore on Saturday’s show.

Her dress very much reminded me of the red Versus dress she wore during the X Factor auditions.

This is because her dress has same pleated flared skirt, so I couldn’t help having a de ja vu moment when she stepped out on stage.

Cheryl completed her look with the same Valentino bow-embellished satin sandals she wore on last weeks show.

Let’s pray one last time for colour next week.

Credit: Style.com & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

In Dannii Minogue’s Closet – Antonio Berardi Velvet Strapless Dress

In Dannii Minogue’s Closet – Antonio Berardi Velvet Strapless Dress

Who Wore Victoria Beckham Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Dannii Minogue

Who Wore Victoria Beckham Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Dannii Minogue

20 Responses to X Factor: Sunday Week 2 – Cheryl Cole In Versus

1. gylo October 18, 2010 at 00:42 #

Please, it is just a show. I prefered the X Factor when people weren’t as interested in what the judges were wearing.

Some of the dresses or shirt + troussers that they wore in 2008 where more appropriate and simple that what they wear now, I can’t imagine Cheryl wearing what she did in the first live show in 2008 and not being slagged off for it.

And about Cheryl and Dannii, they always look good, they don’t need anything special, they are natual beauties.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 00:53 #

And this is a fashion website, so that’s why I’m talking about the fashion. I couldn’t care less who wins this year.

The music is so bad the only talking point is the fashion

• Giuseppi October 18, 2010 at 04:56 #

This blog is about clothes. She isn’t picking apart minutia, but the blog isn’t about the show. It’s about the clothes.

And about the clothes- I really think the dress is a tad hoochy. I think if it were either a little longer or had a little less dramatic cut away in the front it would have worked better for me.

• Elaine October 18, 2010 at 14:25 #

you really arent a fan of the contestants this yr FC are you? cos i remember last yr you used to feature what the contestants wore from time to time, whereas this yr they’ve got no mention.

I personally like Matt, Rebecca and Cher!

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 14:58 #

No. I’m so disappointed.

I now only watch it back on Sky+ and I end up fast forwarding most of it.

2. Biskachoo October 18, 2010 at 01:01 #

That dress, in color and on Leighton Meister. Would love to see that happen.

3. Hisadora October 18, 2010 at 01:07 #

She looks extremely cute here, especially because of the heels. Forgive her FC, maybe she’s going to wow us the next week!!! (praying for that)

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 01:31 #

me too x

4. mochababe73 October 18, 2010 at 02:57 #

I wish that it were strapless.
    I don’t mind the dress being black. It’s got a little sweet, edgy look to it.

5. Alicat October 18, 2010 at 04:25 #

It certainly is an improvement on the jumpsuit, but I don’t like it. There is something doll-like in the overall effect. Except for the neckline, it has the cut of a little girl’s party dress.

6. robbie October 18, 2010 at 07:40 #

the only nice thing about this is the shoes! that is a really ugly dress if it was just strapless it would be nice.

i agree the music is really bad this year. i pray they hurry up and get rid of cher llyod! the girl is cringe worthy.

7. Dorian Gray October 18, 2010 at 09:00 #

I love Versus FW2010 collection but I prefer more colorfull dresses such as red, green and blue ones.

8. Elaine October 18, 2010 at 13:54 #

hmmmm i’m not sold. the shoes for me aren’t great with the dress – they shorten her legs an awful lot.
    her outfits to date on the live shows have unwhelmed me – I was hoping for alot more.

An improvement from Sat night but that wouldnt be hard

9. Nick October 18, 2010 at 14:09 #

Hmmm i loved when she was sitting down @ the desk.. but in this pic i think she somehow almost looks stumpy!! please do better next week cheryl :)

And FC i disagree with you (i’m sorry) but some of the artists on this years show are worth watching – Rebecca and Mary in particular are amazing… Do you like Rebecca’s style FC?

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2010 at 14:19 #

I would rather watch paint dry than sit through another boring performance by Rebecca she has zero personality and I’m not crazy about anything she’s worn.

Mary can sing, but she’s not aimed at my demographic.

10. Gaber October 18, 2010 at 16:08 #

I laughed out loud.
    Even the shoes can’t save this disaster.

11. Alice October 18, 2010 at 16:44 #

She should’ve saved the one she wore for the auditons for the live shows.

12. Hannah October 18, 2010 at 19:18 #

When I saw this I thought, oh, why not wear it in red, and besides having already worn a red Versus, like you said, she now has limited choicein which colours to wear, because of her new hair. Also I really dislike the shoes and I severely hope they are not the new Christian Louboutin booties of last year.

13. Marvel October 18, 2010 at 22:39 #

The dress is nice enough and at least she seems to be making an attempt. I do have a sneaky feeling she will WOW us this week.

14. Andrew Mackinnon October 19, 2010 at 16:55 #