‘Les Petits Mouchoirs’ Paris Premiere – Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior

When I was reviewing pictures from the ‘Les Petits Mouchoirs’ Paris Premiere today, I assumed the picture agencies had made a mistake because I refused to believe that Marion Cotillard could ever look this bad.

Unfortunately they and I were right.

It is Marion and she does look really bad.

I’ve been looking over other pictures of Marion because I’m trying to figure out where those two air bags came from.

Marion’s Christian Dior Fall 2010 leather strapless dress doesn’t work for her as it’s way too tight on her chest.

I’m also not crazy about her hair

Where has my chic Parisian Princess gone?

Marion Cotillard gets is wrong on the red carpet. Say it ain’t so.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

"Di Di Hollywood" Madrid Photocall - Elsa Pataky In Dsquared²

“Di Di Hollywood” Madrid Photocall – Elsa Pataky In Dsquared²

44 Responses to ‘Les Petits Mouchoirs’ Paris Premiere – Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior

1. fozaaa October 15, 2010 at 13:09 #

Why Marion? Why?!? Where is your class?

2. rodrigo October 15, 2010 at 13:17 #

maybe i regret later, but i liked this look cause is soo different to what we were used to…

.. i hate those two balloons!!

3. seggie October 15, 2010 at 13:23 #

I’m shocked! Even Kim Kardashian can look more classy! Oh no Marion this is not a good look at all… she’s only human and making us feel better that she can get it wrong but it’s terrible! W(orse)DOTW!!

4. Hannah October 15, 2010 at 13:47 #

Marion and the dress had so much potential together, but (and I hate to say this, as a massive fan of hers), but she has looked crap all year, and crap since she got the conract with dior, this isust the culmination of it all for me, in Paris of All palces. Unfortunately she is going to have to get the worst insult I have ever given and say that even Taylor Momsen would have looked better in this oufit, or even an outfit, or lack there of that she puts together herself. Worst dressed of the year, give me an Evian baby t-shirt any day over this atrocity.

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2010 at 14:12 #

ouch…but a very fair conclusion

5. Amelia October 15, 2010 at 13:54 #

I heartily agree. I hate leather dresses, and I don’t think I could’ve liked this on anyone, but she looks really cheap! Her boobs look totally fake, and the hair is just unacceptable… oh, Marion :(

6. Stacey October 15, 2010 at 13:55 #

Wow, she looks bad. Still not as bad as the London premiere of Inception though.

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2010 at 14:11 #

I think this trumps that. Sloppy beats casual.

• Stacey October 15, 2010 at 14:45 #

Hmmm… I think you’re right on that point. I was just “in shock” that she would wear something like that to the premiere of a blockbuster movie in which she would have to be standing next to Leo on th red carpet. But you’re right, if I subtract out the “shock” factor, this look is worse.

7. Jarrold October 15, 2010 at 13:57 #

OMG. When I first logged on and saw this I was thinking in my head,”Who is this girl, she looks a mess.” I cant believe Marion’s people let her go out in public let this.

8. Dorian Gray October 15, 2010 at 14:03 #

She looks like a Spice Girl.

9. Jo October 15, 2010 at 14:06 #

That’s pretty revolting!

10. Lee Ann October 15, 2010 at 14:17 #

I am speechless . Words escape me . Besides the hair , make up and fit -the shoes are horrific. The booties on the runway are so pretty especially as they have delicate sequins on them. If she wore those I would have cut her a little slack . But since she didn’t I won’t. This is the WDOTY(year)!

11. mm October 15, 2010 at 14:21 #

Maybe this is a reflection of the character she plays in the movie. Does the character look bad in the movie? I have failed to be impressed by Marion. Especially in live interviews.

12. Rach October 15, 2010 at 14:35 #

Oh no! Whatever happened to the Marion we all know and love? I’m going to look away and pretend this never happened…

13. dee October 15, 2010 at 14:44 #

I don’t think she looks that bad. I’m not saying I like her look but I’ve seen far worse on other people. I think she is trying to stay true to wearing Dior but I prefer in Elie Saab or Nina Ricci.

14. Moxie October 15, 2010 at 15:06 #

If the dress fit and she styled her hair differently she’d look just fine, but as is… she’s a hot mess.

15. kitvancleave October 15, 2010 at 15:20 #

Please……the dress is a Dior and Cotillard represents Dior. She’s a French woman in Paris promoting a French film and wearing one of the great French style firms. If you don’t like this one, she’ll be promoting LES PETITS MOUCHOIRS tomorrow in another dress or suit. Come on, people, let’s keep our eyes on the ball here. Either you admire Cotillard’s work enormously, or you want to have her shot for one dress you don’t like at one premiere. What’s with that?

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2010 at 15:42 #

Hello…this is a fashion site and we are here to freely talk about our likes and dislikes.

The movie is not the issue.

I personally admire her work and this look will not ruin that.

• anne October 15, 2010 at 16:26 #

I agree with you FC. Plus i really don’t like it when people say “It’s a Dior” and that automatically means it’s gorgeous. This is a very bad look for her.

• mikeijames October 18, 2010 at 00:33 #

i cannot agree more. seriously, marion will remain a star and a talent long after memories of this dress and her decolletage (almost out of it) have faded. however, as a spokesperson for dior, we know she had access to some of the most spectacular couture offerings so this will remain a disappointment considering her options.

• Moxie October 15, 2010 at 17:12 #

Her ability to act and her ability to dress are two different things. Usually she dresses well, but not this time. She isn’t doing Dior a favor by looking so trashy in one of their dresses. So what if she is a French woman in France? Are we not allowed to dislike her clothes? Should we give American actresses a pass when they look bad at a Hollywood event? A British actress in a poorly fitting gown should be excused if she’s in London promoting a film? I don’t think so. As FC said, this is a Fashion site and we are discussing Marion’s fashion choice.

• Hannah October 15, 2010 at 18:07 #

She doesn’t usually dress well, not in comparison to when she was promoting/ during award season forla vie en rose. I hate to say this, because I love John Galliano (despite, the fact he picked Taylor momsen as the face of his perfume), but she needsto leave dior, and she needs ot hope chanel pick her up. Chanel is just much more her. Yes I agree with Marvel, anne and FC. Fashion is the only focus here, and lets be honest, when refering to this look, Dior cannot be considered a great firm of anything, let alone style. Besides FC has never said (as far as I know) she wants anyone shot.

16. Claudia October 15, 2010 at 15:24 #

Hard to understand how she managed to look like that.. Must be very brave to leave home that way

17. Leslie October 15, 2010 at 15:27 #

I’m shocked. I’m speechless.
    It can be my Marion. I’m French, so she’s kinda my pride. But now, I’m ashamed.
    Her hairstyle is a disaster.
    Her shoes don’t match the dress at all.
    This lipstick + the leather dress screams who**
    And those balloos…. the dress must be very tight to make them look so big.

WDOTY !

18. mol October 15, 2010 at 15:34 #

The higher they are, the harder they fall – her boobs looks fake too…….

19. Ethne Blist October 15, 2010 at 15:38 #

Did she borrow something from Mrs. Hendricks?

20. omy October 15, 2010 at 16:04 #

this makes me wanna cry a little :’0(

21. Tamia October 15, 2010 at 16:52 #

I love Marion and I’m a big fan of her style and acting but this really is wdot year for me..even Jodie marsh and jordan would’ve brought more class to this outfit:(

22. Lisa October 15, 2010 at 16:56 #

Can you post this picture next to one of her when she won the Oscar and label it, ‘from the sublime to the utterly ridiculous’. How can this be the same person?

• Fashion Critic October 15, 2010 at 17:05 #

lol…you’re so funny…yet so right

23. wilwarin October 15, 2010 at 17:41 #

oh marion what were you thinking… maybe her mirror broke and she didn’t see herself before she went to premiere…

24. faina October 15, 2010 at 20:28 #

I don’t see what’s so bad about this other than the top being a touch too small.

25. sonia October 15, 2010 at 21:01 #

your Parisian Princess??? I think the girl in the photo killed her!!!

26. Marvel October 15, 2010 at 22:52 #

Looks like someone raided Katie Price’s closet….

27. Alicat October 15, 2010 at 23:25 #

This is a surprise as Ms Cotillard usually looks so classy and chic. Her hair looks unstyled – sort of wash and wear. But the real tragedy is the exposed and enormous decolletage. Hopefully she is being “enhanced” by some engineering contained in the bodice of the dress, and hasn’t gone down the surgical route. I am trusting that this is a one off and she is just having a bad day.

28. pipsqueak October 15, 2010 at 23:43 #

What’s up with those soccer boobs? At first, I thought she was crazy Katy Perry. This look is a huge letdown.

29. Iris October 16, 2010 at 00:27 #

Looks like a case of last minute red carpet look. It usually ends in tears, such disasters.

30. Ayesha October 16, 2010 at 06:57 #

Let’s just hope she redeems herself really really fast.

31. mochababe73 October 16, 2010 at 11:51 #

Love the dress. Hate the shoes. Unfortunately, the boobies are pushed up to high. A tailor would have been able to alter it. She needed to either go up a size and cinch in the waist. Or, she should have had the bust let out.

32. Elena October 16, 2010 at 12:43 #

OMG…. this is a catastrophic look… she is ugly!!! what have she done with her hair???? and this dress???? nooooo Marion has all wrong!!!!

33. Emi October 16, 2010 at 14:23 #

Typical example of a dress which must stay on the runaway or be used in a photo shoot. Terrible hair, I just think that she’s overrated, it takes time to become a fashion icon.

34. manja October 16, 2010 at 17:36 #

OMG,I ALMOST DIDN’T RECOGNISE HER.crying time…

35. hally October 18, 2010 at 04:03 #

O M G. there are no words. nothing here is redeemable.